Task for today/ F150

i

For those who don't know... this is a particularly spicy meme, and this is why Ford should include meme lords in their testing groups... I don't think they know what they've done ?  I'm assuming a couple of those camo pieces just fell off but it's still kinda funny to imagine some poor, clueless ad intern making an oopsie.

Edited by probowler

What even could this be? I'm not seeing a preceding letter like the article is claiming. It looks like the N is by itself. Yes there is a small mark or reflection or something to the left but certianly not an E or L like the article guesses. To the right of the N is a similar discoloration or swoosh mark or something.

The only word i can think of that ends in N and remotely sounds like a car name or trim is "ENERGEN" Which I just made up.

Edited by probowler

This is one of those posts I want to bookmark and come back to a year or two from now, to see if they actually use it and what it ended up being.  (And now it'll be in my posting history, so...mission accomplished!)

Maybe a return of the SportTrac Adrenalin?

6 minutes ago, MadManMoon said:

This is one of those posts I want to bookmark and come back to a year or two from now, to see if they actually use it and what it ended up being.  (And now it'll be in my posting history, so...mission accomplished!)

Maybe a return of the SportTrac Adrenalin? 

I had no idea that was a thing... I kinda like

2007-28674-2008-ford-sport-trac-adrenali

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, probowler said:

What even could this be? I'm not seeing a preceding letter like the article is claiming. It looks like the N is by itself.

That is most definitely the bottom part of another letter to the left.

My only guess is the last word is EDITION but I have no idea what to put in front of it.   SPECIAL EDITION would be too long to be centered.

59 minutes ago, probowler said:

What even could this be? I'm not seeing a preceding letter like the article is claiming. It looks like the N is by itself. Yes there is a small mark or reflection or something to the left but certianly not an E or L like the article guesses. To the right of the N is a similar discoloration or swoosh mark or something.

The only word i can think of that ends in N and remotely sounds like a car name or trim is "ENERGEN" Which I just made up.

You guys/they are seeing letters that aren't there.

The "E" that is beeing "seen" is just a reflection of the surroundings that happens to look like an E and is not really there.  You can see the same effect on the right of the N.  Ford doesn't put their letters that close.

2021-Ford-F-150-Spy-Shots-Tailgate-N-Script-May-2020-002.jpg

We're just seeing a Platinum trim, and you're only seeing the N.

Look at how Ford spaces out the lettering on the current Platinum for reference:

Notice how the N is in roughly the same position below the (wider on the new model) tailgate latch area:

2018 Ford F-150 Platinum Tailgate Trim Panel OEM for sale online ...

You can also tell it's a higher-end truck with the full LED taillights.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 5

Aha - I see now.   That's not the last N it's the 3rd from last letter in Platinum.    I agree that makes more sense now.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Platinun

I was only off by one letter!

Edited by akirby
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, twintornados said:

20 years from now, some poor working stiff driving an XL will grab this tailgate at a pick-n-pull and will have created the worlds first XL-Platinum trim level...

The tailgate on our Flex (SE) is the only rust through so far. I’ve been tempted to replace it with a higher trim with the aluminum panel. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 12:48 PM, rmc523 said:

You guys/they are seeing letters that aren't there.

The "E" that is beeing "seen" is just a reflection of the surroundings that happens to look like an E and is not really there.  You can see the same effect on the right of the N.  Ford doesn't put their letters that close.

2021-Ford-F-150-Spy-Shots-Tailgate-N-Script-May-2020-002.jpg

We're just seeing a Platinum trim, and you're only seeing the N.

Look at how Ford spaces out the lettering on the current Platinum for reference:

Notice how the N is in roughly the same position below the (wider on the new model) tailgate latch area:

2018 Ford F-150 Platinum Tailgate Trim Panel OEM for sale online ...

You can also tell it's a higher-end truck with the full LED taillights.

Reflections would show a backwards N and E. Those are not backwards and not a reflection.

As far as the letter spacing, we dont know what it will be. New truck. New styling elements.

1 hour ago, J-150 said:

Reflections would show a backwards N and E. Those are not backwards and not a reflection.

As far as the letter spacing, we dont know what it will be. New truck. New styling elements.

What are you talking about reflections of backward N and E?

I said you're seeing reflections of the surrounding area (i.e. horizon line or something horizontal), that is creating the illusion of an E near the clearly visible N.

I zoomed in for you guys and outlined the areas in question.  I included part of the N in the circles so you can see the difference between what is an actual letter (the N, and the surfacing/shading that results from the deboss of the letter) and the reflection of a horizon line of some sort (the darker gray streaks that create the illusion of an E on first glance).

image.thumb.png.d1a36d3bb75c4655287872469169ecd7.png

Edited by rmc523

12 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I zoomed in for you guys and outlined the areas in question.  I included part of the N in the circles so you can see the difference between what is an actual letter (the N, and the surfacing/shading that results from the deboss of the letter) and the reflection of a horizon line of some sort (the darker gray streaks that create the illusion of an E on first glance).

image.thumb.png.d1a36d3bb75c4655287872469169ecd7.png

Don't you mean "squircles"? ?

• Haha 1