Escape hybrid fuel mileage

I've had this new Escape hybrid for a month now and just topped up the tank. We drove 270 miles on exactly 5.5 gallons of fuel that comes out to 49.1mpg. Driving was mostly urban with a little highway. No interstate or toll roads. Pretty impressive. Ford has winner here. Escape hybrids are in short supply here in Central FL and sell briskly. With the new RAV 4 facing a class action suit over fuel tank issues, I sure hope Ford can produce more hybrids and plugins this time around. A lot more.

So no issues so far. My only grumblings are no one touch up on driver window, no auto dimming mirror, no fog lights, and no side mirror turn signals on a $33,000 vehicle. IMO, the $3,500 premium package should have included at least 2 of the 4 deductions. Other than that, this vehicle offers real value and Ford hit a home run. Well thought out vehicle. Good job Ford.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Wow, no one-touch up window or auto dimming mirror? What century is this Ford? Talk about missing the forest for the tree on cost cutting 

i mean there’s already a gigantic box of sensors right in the middle of the windshield. Seems like the auto dim mirror should just come with it.5.jpg?height=400

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Wow, no one-touch up window or auto dimming mirror? What century is this Ford? Talk about missing the forest for the tree on cost cutting 

It’s probably not a deal breaker to most people, I wonder if those features are available in an option package......

I find it a little disappointing when Ford omits or withdraws features that most expect to be there as standard and as I recall, we had a discussion about that a while back.......

Edited by jpd80

32 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

i mean there’s already a gigantic box of sensors right in the middle of the windshield. Seems like the auto dim mirror should just come with it.5.jpg?height=400

You would think so. With all the cool technology my vehicle has, why piss off customer by making me push/pull a tab on interior mirror and keep my finger on window switch. I live in a gated community and pain in the ass to not have one touch up everytime I enter my community. My last two vehicles stickered for 24 and $28,000 respectively, and both had auto dimming mirror. I miss it and ridiculous $33,000 vehicle doesn't have it let alone fog lights and one touch up. 

6 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

It’s probably not a deal breaker to most people, I wonder if those features are available in an option package......

I find it a little disappointing when Ford omits or withdraws features that most expect to be there as standard and as I recall, we had a discussion about that a while back.......

One-touch windows are standard on the SEL.  Auto-dim mirror on the Titanium.

Personally, I have little use for both.

Interior Auto dim mirror was included on the Escape with the safe and security package on 2018/2019 it was removed from the 2020 when the equipment became standard. Originally the standard copilot 360 was going to include Rain sensing wipers and interior autodim mirror. They were pulled for cost reduction. Just like they pulled the auto up window, Ford loves to decontent features previous models had.

If you wanted to add the mirror the plug for it might be in the harness already, (Sometimes harness are common sometimes they are specific) would need to pull down the cover and see if it is in there. If it is then just get one from a totaled titanium plug it in, it’s a 5 min install. If it’s not it’s going to be running wires etc, ford offers one as an OEM accessory with install kit as well. 

Autodim mirrors are great, the exterior driver side makes it even better to cut the glare. 

• Thanks 1