SYNC 4

Skitime

2 hours ago, Skitime said:

I'm in the market for a new escape hybrid, and the my2021 will be out pretty soon, but I would like to find out if the new synch 4 will be on them?

Hi Skitime. twintornados probably gave you the best answer.

I would just add...while the 2021 Corsair Order Guide has not been made available yet, the information I have seen states that SYNC 4 will debut on the Mustang Mach-E, which will not debut for a while yet. So I think the answer to your question may be no.

Maybe your Dealer will know. But to be honest, if they don't have the 2021 Order Guide, they probably do not know yet either.  Good luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Likely it'll eventually be available (or at least the 8" version), much as Ford replaced SYNC 2/MyFord Touch (MFT) with SYNC 3, but it won't happen right away. I'm surprised it didn't launch with the new Bronco Sport. The only advantage I see to SYNC 4 is the addition of Connected Navigation, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, OTA software updates, and SiriusXM 360L (aka enhanced SiriusXM). SYNC 3 still has 4G LTE Wi-Fi, (wired) Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and the FordPass App, so at least there's that. We likely won't see the 12" screen trickle down from the Bronco and F-150 to smaller vehicles like the Escape and Bronco Sport. I also have a feeling that Ford will ditch the 4.2" non touchscreen radio in the S model of the Escape for the 8" SYNC 3 system in all models. :)

-Vince

Edited by mustangguy95

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, shawns54 said:

Wonder if the chip shortage, will effect these units with production.

Old news. The microchip shortage is affecting all vehicle production industry-wide. Just read the more recent information available instead of making posts that don't contribute anything new or useful!

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

• 6 months later...
On 2/1/2021 at 12:47 AM, mworkman80 said:

I doubt current Super Duty's will be able to upgrade to Sync 4. From what I've read the hardware and software used for SYNC 3 is not compatible with Sync 4.

The 2022 F450 I ordered is coming with it. I am pretty sure it is the standard in 2022 but not 100% sure.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have experience with wireless Apple Car play? I’ve been using Sync 3 and it frequently doesn’t work requiring me to perform a reset on the radio by holding the power and fast forward button for a few seconds. Usually I have to reboot sometimes several times just to get carplay working on a wired connection. I’m hoping Sync 4 they’ve fixed these problems.