Bronco, Bronco Sport and next Gen F-150 delayed two months.

1 hour ago, 2016RS said:

Its' going to be a train wreck/shit show when plants get back to work.

Yep, I think so. The virus is spiking in Mexico and could shut down auto suppliers there closing final assembly plants within 2 weeks. FCA already has covid issue in its Sterling Hts. Plant. Doubt very much if the auto plants have enough testing and contact tracing in place to stay ahead of this pandemic. And Chicago is getting real bad looking at new cases spiking. Modeling says most of country is in upward trajectory with over 3,000 dead/day by August. The Feds have no plan to fight this killer virus other than open everything up.

9 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Yep, I think so. The virus is spiking in Mexico and could shut down auto suppliers there closing final assembly plants within 2 weeks. FCA already has covid issue in its Sterling Hts. Plant. Doubt very much if the auto plants have enough testing and contact tracing in place to stay ahead of this pandemic. And Chicago is getting real bad looking at new cases spiking. Modeling says most of country is in upward trajectory with over 3,000 dead/day by August. The Feds have no plan to fight this killer virus other than open everything up.

You've really got to do some research, It's not all doom and gloom (unless you value civil liberties).... at least it doesn't have to be.

Edited by probowler

Mike Levine mentioned it would be soon (for the Bronco Sport/Bronco). Summer of 2020 doesn't start til June 18th, so they have about 30 days left LOL

Also the Bronco Sport moved up from September to August 31st for a launch according the to article and I just saw this about the F-150.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/05/14/ford-f-150-launch-2020-coronavirus/5189929002/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

Maybe the F-150 was supposed to launch in the next 60 days and will just slip to the right to August/September instead?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

You can’t look at # cases because that will increase as testing increases.  Hospitalizations and deaths are the real indicators.

Right, the problem is that people only see as far as their noses and some people are seeing zero impact of this while others (who have connections to health care or live in an area where its raging) and there is so much we don't know what we don't know with this that its making it hard to understand what the true impact of it is.

I'm of the mindset that we need to open things back up smartly and with protocols in place to protect people til there is an effective treatment for it. 

Guess you guys missed the article in automotive news about Mexican based auto suppliers and possible disruption to final assembly plants only having 2 week supply of parts. Right now Mexico is in lock down with soldiers patrolling the streets with machine guns. GM has already put out an alert. Don't know how much this affects Ford as they had no comment.

Also, over 20 UAW auto workers have died so far, and don't see how infection will be kept out of plants. About 3% of country has been tested, and doubt if it's much better with front line workers.

That being said, I do agree that plants need to reopen as I do understand how the supply base works and has to be saved. My heart goes out to the auto workers that have to back into those enclosed places for at least 8 hours/day. I sure hope it doesn't turn into a shit show like meat processing plants, prisons, and nursing homes. I know I will not be eating in restaurant, or going to movie theater anytime soon. 

No reason why factories and schools can’t be reopened once the local conditions have stabilized.  Test all workers and students before allowing them back and if an outbreak occurs, close down for a bit, disinfect, retest and reopen.   Do the same with nursing homes.  

Eliminating large social and close public gatherings like concerts, sporting events, funerals and churches along with limiting mass transit should prevent surges that can overwhelm the medical infrastructure.  And if it does we have the ability to respond with ventilators and PPE and temporary hospitals.  Do this and protect the medically fragile and death rates will be no worse than the regular flu, maybe lower.  But it’s not going away until we get a vaccine which might be next year.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

No reason why factories and schools can’t be reopened once the local conditions have stabilized.  Test all workers and students before allowing them back and if an outbreak occurs, close down for a bit, disinfect, retest and reopen.   Do the same with nursing homes.  

I still don't even understand  why schools are still closed. Per the CDC's own data Children under 15 are the lowest risk for contracting the virus and have an even lower fatality rate. The last number I saw for deaths was under 10 FOR THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. Serology tests are also showing children for whatever reason aren't even carriers for it. 

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Eliminating large social and close public gatherings like concerts, sporting events, funerals and churches along with limiting mass transit should prevent surges that can overwhelm the medical infrastructure.  And if it does we have the ability to respond with ventilators and PPE and temporary hospitals.  Do this and protect the medically fragile and death rates will be no worse than the regular flu, maybe lower.  But it’s not going away until we get a vaccine which might be next year.

I agree with this, though less so with open-air concerts and funerals. In the case of concerts, Limit crowd size and enforce social distancing guidelines. Funerals can be done safely. I've not attended one lately but I ride by bike past one of the biggest cemeteries in the area and see them happening occasionally and people involved are being responsible about it (masks, social distancing, etc.) 

With all of the private industry pivoting towards medical supply manufacturing (I believe Ford even said they don't intend on stopping any time soon) medical supplies should be able to last through any spike that may or may not come (early data in Georgia and Wisconsin suggests those fears may be overblown a little bit). 

I also agree we do need to protect the sick. Someone should tell Governors Cuomo, Whitmer, Newsome (among others) to stop packing nursing homes with sick people. I doubt they would listen though, it's their way or no way. 

Do you honestly believe there will be an effective vaccine any time soon? SARS Cov1 doesn't even have a vaccine and it's been around way longer. Do you trust something that's been that rushed? I'm not sure I would be able to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I still don't even understand  why schools are still closed. Per the CDC's own data Children under 15 are the lowest risk for contracting the virus and have an even lower fatality rate. The last number I saw for deaths was under 10 FOR THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. Serology tests are also showing children for whatever reason aren't even carriers for it. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/12/well/family/coronavirus-children-covid-19.html

Seems to be more to it then meets the eye with children

The problem with children and younger people isn’t them getting sick it’s them spreading it to others.

As for funerals, small gatherings with proper distancing is fine, but at least in the South they usually aren’t small and there is no distancing.  That’s what started the huge outbreak in Albany, GA - a 200 person funeral.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, akirby said:

No reason why factories and schools can’t be reopened once the local conditions have stabilized. 

Eliminating large social and close public gatherings like concerts, sporting events, funerals and churches along with limiting mass transit should prevent surges that can overwhelm the medical infrastructure.  

I would posit that you contradicted yourself. What is a factory or a school if they aren't "large social and public gatherings"? 

You are kidding yourself if you don't think the schools will be a shit show - parents routinely send in their elementary kids with snot running noses. The admin and teachers will be put in a terrible situation having to deal with this on a daily basis.

• Like 1