Bronco, Bronco Sport and next Gen F-150 delayed two months.

Personally I'm fine with the government indoctrination centers shutting down... home school your kids people!  The only good thing school does is help socialize your kids so they don't turn out weird, but with some of the crap they're teaching now you'd almost be better off being the awkward homeschool kid

• Like 4

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Personally I'm fine with the government indoctrination centers shutting down... home school your kids people!  The only good thing school does is help socialize your kids so they don't turn out weird, but with some of the crap they're teaching now you'd almost be better off being the awkward homeschool kid

That's a chance my wife and I are willing to take 

2 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

I would posit that you contradicted yourself. What is a factory or a school if they aren't "large social and public gatherings"? 

You are kidding yourself if you don't think the schools will be a shit show - parents routinely send in their elementary kids with snot running noses. The admin and teachers will be put in a terrible situation having to deal with this on a daily basis.

Not a contradiction.  Each school district can test all kids and staff and factories can test all workers before allowing them to return.  You can’t really do that with a concert or sporting event or unorganized social gathering.

Any kid who exhibits symptoms gets sent home and retested.  If a positive case turns up shut it down for 2 weeks, then retest everyone.  Once there is no big outbreak it’s the same way we treat other infectious diseases like TB.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Not a contradiction.  Each school district can test all kids and staff and factories can test all workers before allowing them to return.  You can’t really do that with a concert or sporting event or unorganized social gathering.

Any kid who exhibits symptoms gets sent home and retested.  If a positive case turns up shut it down for 2 weeks, then retest everyone.  Once there is no big outbreak it’s the same way we treat other infectious diseases like TB.

There are problems with false positives with COVID--19 also...check this article out:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/16/uss-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-test-positive-coronavirus-261873

Doesn't seem like they have the testing part nailed down to 100% accuracy yet. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You could do the same thing with church services and funerals.  Yet in an earlier post, you mentioned not allowing those.  Why not allow church services and funerals too?

1 hour ago, CurtisH said:

You could do the same thing with church services and funerals.  Yet in an earlier post, you mentioned not allowing those.  Why not allow church services and funerals too?

That would be possible but I think folks would be less likely to social distance.  But possible

How about keeping the discussion to how auto suppliers and final assembly keeps the virus out of the plants and the worker's homes? See that Ford hired 1,500 temps to replace those who get sick and keep the line moving. Tomorrow the plants open and I only hope they stay open as cases rise in Mexico and smaller, essential auto supply companies have harder time grappling with this disease. Not sure how discussion devolved into partisan educational opinions. Guess that's the world we live in now. To see the Bronco at the dealer in the future, Ford has a big job ahead keeping the parts flowing and their plants open and workers healthy. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

How about keeping the discussion to how auto suppliers and final assembly keeps the virus out of the plants and the worker's homes? See that Ford hired 1,500 temps to replace those who get sick and keep the line moving. Tomorrow the plants open and I only hope they stay open as cases rise in Mexico and smaller, essential auto supply companies have harder time grappling with this disease. Not sure how discussion devolved into partisan educational opinions. Guess that's the world we live in now. To see the Bronco at the dealer in the future, Ford has a big job ahead keeping the parts flowing and their plants open and workers healthy. 

I almost forgot this was a Bronco thread.

31 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

I wonder if the moment has already passed.....

Easy answer, nope.  Every auto journal, magazine, website, social media, etc. in the world will cover the Bronco(s) unveil.  Those vehicles will be everywhere.  It will be welcome positive news compared to the Covid downer we've been living for the past few months.  

I bet this week.  Ford opening Rawsonville was on the national news tonight, along with Hackett answering questions. 

One thing I found interesting from Hackett, he said during the production of ventilators none of the 1000 or so workers got Covid 19. That’s good to hear. Hopefully we can get the Bronco and Bronco Sport in production sooner rather than later.

16 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I bet this week.  Ford opening Rawsonville was on the national news tonight, along with Hackett answering questions. 

One thing I found interesting from Hackett, he said during the production of ventilators none of the 1000 or so workers got Covid 19. That’s good to hear. Hopefully we can get the Bronco and Bronco Sport in production sooner rather than later.

Maybe not this week since the president is making a visit to Rawsonville on Thursday. No need to upstage him and start a stupid twitter war or something with the guy. 

Ford put in a lot of safeguards to attempt to prevent COVID from spreading through the plants, though IMO some of them are overkill and the daily survey we have to do is kind of a joke to me. 

On 5/16/2020 at 3:11 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Do you honestly believe there will be an effective vaccine any time soon? SARS Cov1 doesn't even have a vaccine and it's been around way longer. Do you trust something that's been that rushed? I'm not sure I would be able to. 

If the so-called 'vaccine' comes from China, or is manufactured in China, then count me out.  A 'cardinal rule' of commons sense:  "If you problem and solution come from the same source, there is a 100% chance you're being screwed"

My Dr told me, the common cold is a coronavirus.  There are many known coronavirus'.  There are no cures or vaccines for any known coronavirus.  I believe Fuzzy is right -

The good news is, we don't need a vaccine.  Dr Scott Atlas (you can look him up, Stanford Hoover Senior Fellow, in other words, a medical rock star) explains the way immunity happens, and he also strongly suggests that the 3-4 month old models being used to dictate public policy are very wrong and outdated.  

"The recent Stanford University antibody study now estimates that the fatality rate if infected is likely 0.1 to 0.2 percent, a risk far lower than previous World Health Organization estimates that were 20 to 30 times higher and that motivated isolation policies."

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isolation

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I’m guessing we will get a few days advance notice of any product reveal through Mike Levine’s tweets. So far, nothing from him.

32 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

and he also strongly suggests that the 3-4 month old models being used to dictate public policy are very wrong and outdated.  

"The recent Stanford University antibody study now estimates that the fatality rate if infected is likely 0.1 to 0.2 percent, a risk far lower than previous World Health Organization estimates that were 20 to 30 times higher and that motivated isolation policies."

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isolation

The problem is that we didn't know what we didn't know with this virus, thus the reaction to it, for better or worse. We still don't quite understand or have test that are 100% accurate (lots of false positives or False negatives) that doesn't help much either. Hopefully those problems will sort themselves out while we start reopening things will taking protection. 

Most people are at the end of their ropes and are saying that this more politically driven then health driven now also...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

My Dr told me, the common cold is a coronavirus.  There are many known coronavirus'.  There are no cures or vaccines for any known coronavirus.  I believe Fuzzy is right -

Ive been told the same thing by various doctors, I wasn't going to go there but thank you for doing it for me. 

• Like 2