Bronco, Bronco Sport and next Gen F-150 delayed two months.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The problem is that we didn't know what we didn't know with this virus, thus the reaction to it, for better or worse. We still don't quite understand or have test that are 100% accurate (lots of false positives or False negatives) that doesn't help much either. Hopefully those problems will sort themselves out while we start reopening things will taking protection. 

Most people are at the end of their ropes and are saying that this more politically driven then health driven now also...

It's most definitely political, everything from the unpassable relief bills stuffed with trash, the ruined economy, to the never-ending attacks on the president. We could have had a united response to this crisis (which more and more is appearing to be overblown) but instead the left chose to turn this into a campaign issue. When the shutdown first occurred, not everyone was happy but most people agreed it was a good thing, better safe than sorry.  Then something weird happened, the same people who called trumps china travel ban xenophbic started saying his response was too weak, too slow. Yet these same people who early this year who told their constituents to keep going to bars and to attend their local pride parades all seem to have forgotten their own responsibility in this mess, and so too has the media.

(Don't worry, I brought receipts)

Bill De Blasio Refused Major Efforts To Combat Coronavirus Until Aides Threatened To Quit, Report Says

Trump hits Pelosi for urging crowds to assemble in Chinatown as coronavirus spread

FLASHBACK: Biden Called Trump’s Chinese Coronavirus Travel Ban ‘Xenophobia’

You turn on the news today, and all you hear is how "trump failed... trump is a murderer, trump is to blame".  I'm biased, I admit it. And while trump does not shy away from criticizing his enemies... I can't fault him for zealously defending himself and his administration. These people  have attacked him relentless for 3 years, the liberal press argues with him in press conferences, they ask loaded questions, they routinely print false and misleading information, and most incredibly of all... despite countless clarifications and corrections , has yet to publish even one  incorrect story that favors, or benefits the President. How is that even possible??

As a Libertarian I fully support challenging and being critical of the executive branch, but I draw the line at treason. What else do you call fabricating false grounds for impeachment? For spying on the conversations of the incoming administration? For years of damaging leaks? How about paying an ex-british spy to write a dossier accusing the president of...golden showers.

Excerpt from the steel dossier

The Trump Dossier Is Fake -- And Here Are The Reasons Why

They are burning our country down in their efforts to stop President Trump. They are destroying our civil liberties, ignoring the constitution, and Covid-19 is just their latest weapon.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, probowler said:

It's most definitely political, everything from the unpassable relief bills stuffed with trash, the ruined economy, to the never-ending attacks on the president. We could have had a united response to this crisis (which more and more is appearing to be overblown) but instead the left chose to turn this into a campaign issue. When the shutdown first occurred, not everyone was happy but most people agreed it was a good thing, better safe than sorry.  Then something weird happened, the same people who called trumps china travel ban xenophbic started saying his response was too weak, too slow. Yet these same people who early this year who told their constituents to keep going to bars and to attend their local pride parades all seem to have forgotten their own responsibility in this mess, and so too has the media.

The truth is that US travel restrictions were neither early or late, it was infact done three days after the WHO warning on January 30

and on the same day as 36 other countries.So it was neither slow or way ahead of anyone else....

Now, was it xenophobia? I don't think so,

It wasn't actually a travel ban as much as travel restrictions preventing non-US citizens from entering the US but,

the big exemption was  US citizens and their immediate family were still permitted to go back and forward to China.

That would seem to be a big "hole in the fence".

The move claimed by the president as "a bold move against the advice of almost everyone" was infact, made on the

uniform recommendations of career public health officials at the Department of Health and Human Services.

So it wasn't political and actually based on  informed expert opinion at the time.

All we're seeing is duelling  narratives, I believe the truth lies somewhere in between where governments

are deferring to health and medical advice, claiming that they can do nothing until the situation changes.

Well now it has changed and it's time for governments to man up and take back ownership of government.

We've move on from February and now people and businesses are more aware of social distancing and

maintaining clean surfaces, preventing the spread of the virus in general, so it won't be like folks are going

back to pre-February unprotected work practices.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

All we're seeing is duelling  narratives, I believe the truth lies somewhere in between where governments

are deferring to health and medical advice, claiming that they can do nothing until the situation changes.

Well now it has changed and it's time for governments to man up and take back ownership of government.

Yes, and that is all we will see for a while dueling narratives. This just had to come in an election year where things are amped up even more so than usual.  Both parties are guilty.

The fact is though, it will mostly likely be years before we truly understand the origin The truth is out there we just need Sculley and Mulder to investigate. It will come out but will take sometime. Also, in my mind this biggest thing that needs to be figured out is if this is going to be an annual  thing (like the flu) or we are going to be one and done once we get a vaccine. This is our new normal until it isn't. Learn it, love it, live it (stealing from a movie I can't remember)!

What businesses adapt the best will be the ones to excel. I pray that Ford doesn't screw this up. Bronco/F150/Bronco Sport/Mach E are the future of the company. If these come out flat....I don't want to think about that.

7 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Yes, and that is all we will see for a while dueling narratives. This just had to come in an election year where things are amped up even more so than usual.  Both parties are guilty.

The fact is though, it will mostly likely be years before we truly understand the origin The truth is out there we just need Sculley and Mulder to investigate. It will come out but will take sometime. Also, in my mind this biggest thing that needs to be figured out is if this is going to be an annual  thing (like the flu) or we are going to be one and done once we get a vaccine. This is our new normal until it isn't. Learn it, love it, live it (stealing from a movie I can't remember)!

What businesses adapt the best will be the ones to excel. I pray that Ford doesn't screw this up. Bronco/F150/Bronco Sport/Mach E are the future of the company. If these come out flat....I don't want to think about that.

That's the thing for me, this pandemic has sucked the air out of all the early excitement with Ford's new products

and now where we once had many folks  eagerly awaiting these products, financial consequences now overshadow

any thoughts of a new vehicle.it just sucks that this dammed virus is wrecking folks lives and income.

21 hours ago, zipzoomflyfast said:

Hopefully they reveal the Bronco/Bronco Sport ASAP. Give us (and their stock) a boost!

They need to introduce both at once, because of how a majority of people see headlines -

If they introduce the Bronco Sport only, the internet will light up as "...this is what Ford calls a real Bronco..."  "this is what Ford says will compete against Wrangler..."  "...we waited for this..."  We'll be spending the next 3 weeks trying to convince the trolls that there is a real Bronco coming, you know the drill.

Most average Joes probably don't know they're doing two models...and when they hear 'Bronco' and see the Bronco Sport they are going to be really upset.

Please Ford, have the good sense to show both at the same time and spare us the trouble of having the Toyota and Jeep fanboys trashing the Baby Bronco as an off-roading joke.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, probowler said:

They are burning our country down in their efforts to stop President Trump. They are destroying our civil liberties, ignoring the constitution, and Covid-19 is just their latest weapon.

Amen brother!  But we have some smart guys on our side.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

"Emergencies have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded" - Friedrich Hayek

None of this is new to the world, they've been trying to power grab using fear since the days of Cesar.

You may think old Kevmo is not the sharpest tool in the shed-fair enough  But you have some serious cojones if you're up for an intellectual smack-down with Ben and Friedrich.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

They need to introduce both at once, because of how a majority of people see headlines -

If they introduce the Bronco Sport only, the internet will light up as "...this is what Ford calls a real Bronco..."  "this is what Ford says will compete against Wrangler..."  "...we waited for this..."  We'll be spending the next 3 weeks trying to convince the trolls that there is a real Bronco coming, you know the drill.

Most average Joes probably don't know they're doing two models...and when they hear 'Bronco' and see the Bronco Sport they are going to be really upset.

Please Ford, have the good sense to show both at the same time and spare us the trouble of having the Toyota and Jeep fanboys trashing the Baby Bronco as an off-roading joke.

Well, the Detroit auto show would have been in June, so I would think June is the month to show them off. June or September, but not the dog days of summer.

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Well, the Detroit auto show would have been in June, so I would think June is the month to show them off. June or September, but not the dog days of summer.

You’d have to imagine that it would be sooner than later as the  Bronco Sport will arrive this year. We do need some joy back into our lives.