Ford Restart - Are these pics from Dearborn?

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Lock down was only ever intended to prevent hospitals being overwhelmed with patients,

it was never intended as a virus eradication measure..

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Unfortunately some politicians aren't seeing that way in some states in the US. 

Meanwhile it's the citizens who suffer...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Lock down was only ever intended to prevent hospitals being overwhelmed with patients,

it was never intended as a virus eradication measure..

Along the way the narrative changed from flatten the curve to lockdown until we get a vaccine/cure. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Along the way the narrative changed from flatten the curve to lockdown until we get a vaccine/cure. 

Correct, the fear of a second peak is being over dramatized,  protect the elderly and those

with underlying medical conditions and most deaths can be avoided.....

• Like 5

Deaths are declining in a saw tooth pattern with mid week spikes which may have something to do with the reporting process

but certainly confirmation that isolation of the more vulnerable is working. Managing the virus here on is more likew  watching

for outbreaks and treating them like spot fires. Rather than a second spike in cases, perhaps the virus just hangs around for a

bit longer than some expect.

Edited by jpd80

47 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Deaths are declining in a saw tooth pattern with mid week spikes which may have something to do with the reporting process

but certainly confirmation that isolation of the more vulnerable is working. Managing the virus here on is more likew  watching

for outbreaks and treating them like spot fires. Rather than a second spike in cases, perhaps the virus just hangs around for a

bit longer than some expect.

Since deaths are a lagging indicator, look at the number of new cases to see what the death rate will be during the summer. Probably significantly lower, but persistent as cases increase in certain states. My home state MI is going down the slope, but my adopted state of FL is going up the slope and will pass MI soon on the hit parade. TX has already passed MI and GA is moving up fast. Miami Herald recently ran investigative story on how nursing home deaths are being hidden and not counted in FL. So NE going down and SE going up. With Brazilians only recently being banned, good luck with that. Latin America, Russia, and India are the most recent hot spots and we do live in global community like it or not. I believe we are at the end of the beginning. And I don't listen to politicians. Learned that lesson when I was 18 years old with LBJ and the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution. 

5 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Since deaths are a lagging indicator, look at the number of new cases to see what the death rate will be during the summer. Probably significantly lower, but persistent as cases increase in certain states. My home state MI is going down the slope, but my adopted state of FL is going up the slope and will pass MI soon on the hit parade. TX has already passed MI and GA is moving up fast. Miami Herald recently ran investigative story on how nursing home deaths are being hidden and not counted in FL. So NE going down and SE going up. With Brazilians only recently being banned, good luck with that. Latin America, Russia, and India are the most recent hot spots and we do live in global community like it or not. I believe we are at the end of the beginning. And I don't listen to politicians. Learned that lesson when I was 18 years old with LBJ and the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution. 

You can’t go by new cases because everybody hasn’t been tested.  Cases will go up as testing increases even though they may not be hospitalized.  That’s why hospitalizations and deaths are better indicators even though they lag a few days.   Provided they are accurately reported and not inflated.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Doesn't matter. You'll never convince the Karens. 

Absolutely, once certain folks are indoctrinated, it’s really hard to convince them otherwise.

the biggest worry are those that will go to work regardless of having symptoms, those people need to be sent home even if it’s paid do so to convince them to FO and not infect others.

17 minutes ago, LongHaulTransport said:

Imagine the spike in positives if we tested 300 million of us in one day.

People would be jumping out of windows...

My point exactly.   Not to mention the idiots who look at a chart on total cases to date and proclaim that it’s not going down!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3