Help deciding

Maliboost

Hello guys interested in this 2007 Edge just dont know a lot about them. Says a lot of maintenance has been done and they have paperwork other then whats stated in ad, but here is the vehicle 

Any help appreciated what to look for or if the 2007 is a good year? thank you very much 

"2007 Ford Edge SEL. AWD. 199000km 3.5 Auto. Owned by elderly lady. Exceptionally clean and well maintained

New cooper tires all around New front strutsReplaced PTU ( power transfer unit). Has 80000 km Car has one rust area above driver rear wheel well area Has a crack across lower windshield Very reliable and economical."

ad_1589909056234.jpg

Anything with that chassis (Taurus, Edge, Explorer, Flex MKt, MKx, MKs) has 3 main issues. The PTU,. wheel bearings and water pumps. The water pump is under the timing cover, and is the idler for the chain. If not caught in time will lead to catastrophic engine failure. The good thing is that if it milkshakes, it can usually be saved as long as it runs and doesn't rattle. 

Specific to 07, probably needs the sensor trifecta in the transmission. (TR, TSS and OSS) as they were problematic. However, if they have been done, they most likely will never be an issue again. Should have probably had a tune up by now. If not, that needs to be done as well. Use only Motorcraft parts. 

We regularly see them with over 200k MILES on them with little issue other than normal service. 

Edited by YT90SC
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if the Edge has the same heater core issue as the 07 MKX. That's a fairly big job and I traded mine before that became a problem. I'd want the windshield replaced also. It's common to have have glass coverage and no cost to replace it.