Wireless charging and Ford Pass

After watching lots of You Tube reviews and hearing all of them complain about lack of wireless charging on new Escape, glad to know units built in 2020 have it including my SE Sport. Charging symbol will appear on your touchscreen. My vehicle was built in 02/20. 

Also, any posters on here have Ford Pass app and what do you think of it? Ford have me 42,000 reward pts. which I'm guessing equals $42. Anyway, it seems to be pretty cool tech and could be useful in certain situations. Only complaint is response time is a bit laggy. As the vehicle ages, will use it more and more. 

Wireless charging isn’t available on a regular escape se, but it is an option on the se sport hybrid. It doesn’t look like the SEL has it available either, but it’s standard in the titanium.

i think the ford pass app is a nice feature. I like the fact that I have free remote start although I don’t ever use it. It’s also nice to get information about your vehicle, like recalls. If you bought a ford warranty, then all the information is right there too. Being able to see how much gas you have is kinda nice too.

I believe those reward points can be used to buy anything at the dealership. I like the ford floor liners better than weathertech so I’m probably going to use my points to buy those.

Edited by T-dubz

Thanks guys for the responses. Very helpful. Wow, over $200 in reward points is nice surprise. I noticed the charging pad is part of the optional premium package which my Escape has. After living it with it for last month, glad I have it and feel it offers good value. This is a well thought out vehicle and kudos to Ford. My wife was a Toyota fan and loves this vehicle. ALL I needed to do is let her test drive it before we bought it and her noisy, recall ridden RAV4 is a distant memory. Yeah, I plan on buying an Escape cargo mat soon. Forget Weathertech and give Ford the sale.

Now that you mention it, that's something I've noticed with Toyota products when they age.  Friends daughter inherited Great Granma's Rav4, granted it's a '09, but WOW what a POS. And I even try to think "Hmm what did we all drive back then", not even my friends (Her mothers) Saturn L300, felt chintzy like the Rav4. The Rav4 has tinsy sound when you close the doors, it buzzes inside, the back swing door is a joke. The structure feels saggy and not tight.  Then they inherited a 01 4Runner from Grandma with just 70k, same thing, buzzy, chintzy, loud, noisy. I don't care how "reliable' they are perceived to be, when the product seems mediocre and chintzy, that makes more of an impact than just bragging it's reliable.

21 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Now that you mention it, that's something I've noticed with Toyota products when they age.  Friends daughter inherited Great Granma's Rav4, granted it's a '09, but WOW what a POS. And I even try to think "Hmm what did we all drive back then", not even my friends (Her mothers) Saturn L300, felt chintzy like the Rav4. The Rav4 has tinsy sound when you close the doors, it buzzes inside, the back swing door is a joke. The structure feels saggy and not tight.  Then they inherited a 01 4Runner from Grandma with just 70k, same thing, buzzy, chintzy, loud, noisy. I don't care how "reliable' they are perceived to be, when the product seems mediocre and chintzy, that makes more of an impact than just bragging it's reliable.

I can attest to the '09 RAV4 to one of my friends who owned it the whole time.

There's nothing major wrong with the car like the engine or trans breaking down, but the creak and buzz coming from the center dashboard was so annoying.

I should've caught the memo then, but I made the decision to buy a '16 Camry and I'm somewhat living with my consequences. 

To the main point though, congrats on your Ford Escape SE Sport. I think that trim is the best value among all Escapes. FordPass will be particularly useful for remote start, and of course, using the $210 value maintenance coupon. 

Tire noise emanating through the interior of the RAV4 was my biggest gripe. Add in the rough 4 cylinder and mediocre mpg, and take it please. Even the Crosstrek was much better and 15 year old Taurus god bless it was like a little limo at highway speed. With the RAV, you had to put on new tires every 18 months just to have a conversation inside it.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Tharon said:

I'm having trouble with the Ford Pass App crashing on my updated Iphone XS Max when you click on vehicle details.  Does anyone know what could be causing this probelm?

Do you have the most recent version of the app?

On 7/1/2020 at 2:21 PM, Tharon said:

I'm having trouble with the Ford Pass App crashing on my updated Iphone XS Max when you click on vehicle details.  Does anyone know what could be causing this probelm?

The Lincoln Way app does the same thing on my XS Max and my wife’s XS Max.  The app crashes the first time I choose vehicle details.  Re-launch and it works just fine.  It’s an annoying bug and has been doing it since day one of ownership.  Thankfully it works after the re-launch, but it’s a bad look for new Lincoln/Ford owners.