Mach E Build Configure live

probowler

Perhaps it's not 100% fully functional, but there are practically no options besides paint/seat color, Battery size, and RWD/AWD.

Maybe ford is experimenting with a new build system, with everything in packages and very few optional accessories and other random upgrades.

I "Built" one for the heck of it and game out at $60,500 for a GT.

Edited by probowler

There are about 50,000 of us who have already built our Mach E since Nov 2019 and have put down our $500 reservation deposit just waiting for Ford to start production in a few months.  The actual order will take place soon when Ford opens up the order process.  The reservation reserves you a spot in the line.  Unless there are reservation dropouts, the first years production of 50,000 units are sold (or at least reserved) out.  And the GT model will leave the Shelby Cobra drivers looking at taillights on a 0-60 run!  At this point options seem to limited to choosing one of 3 trim models,  FWD/AWD, and Std range vs Ext range battery size.  I am guessing they are limiting options so they can make money from Day 1.  I can't wait for my Premium, AWD,  Extended Range.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peugfan said:

There are about 50,000 of us who have already built our Mach E since Nov 2019 and have put down our $500 reservation deposit just waiting for Ford to start production in a few months.  The actual order will take place soon when Ford opens up the order process.  The reservation reserves you a spot in the line.  Unless there are reservation dropouts, the first years production of 50,000 units are sold (or at least reserved) out.  And the GT model will leave the Shelby Cobra drivers looking at taillights on a 0-60 run!  At this point options seem to limited to choosing one of 3 trim models,  FWD/AWD, and Std range vs Ext range battery size.  I am guessing they are limiting options so they can make money from Day 1.  I can't wait for my Premium, AWD,  Extended Range.

Thank you Peugfan sir. My wife and I reserved a Mustang Mach E First Edition in Grabber Blue back in November. The First Edition is a very limited production version. For U.S. customers, Ford stopped taking reservations for that trim less than 2 weeks after the site went live. Ford hasn't revealed to the public how many First Editions are going to be produced though.

Did you get any updates from Ford or your dealership about when the ordering process will begin? 

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you Peugfan sir. My wife and I reserved a Mustang Mach E First Edition in Grabber Blue back in November. The First Edition is a very limited production version. For U.S. customers, Ford stopped taking reservations for that trim less than 2 weeks after the site went live. Ford hasn't revealed to the public how many First Editions are going to be produced though.

Did you get any updates from Ford or your dealership about when the ordering process will begin? 

No,  but Ford has said soon without any definite date.  I imagine they want to make sure the production line is ready before committing.   I hear they are still getting the assembly line equipment in place in the Cuautitlan plant.  Europe is getting a priority on 2020 deliveries.  Since my reservation was later, 02/01/2020, I do not expect delivery until 2021.  Since your reservation was much earlier than mine it might be possible to get a 2020 delivery?  No communications from the dealer yet.

• Thanks 1