Covid 19 Pay

MAPguy

At my plant I was told that if your fail the 'symptoms check' you will be sent home and S coded which means Short Work week.After that you call your doctor and I don't know what happens then,maybe you get a covid test?If you need to quarantine for 14 days I am hearing from the union that you will "get paid".How much exactly,I don't know.Also you must clear through plant medical before returning to work.The company is doing all this on a case by case basis meaning that if an employee has a history of attendance problems they may take a closer look.MADE IN CHINA  can ya be that honest?I know its okay to blame every thing bad that happens on Trump.Just waddle along with the other sheeple,be compliant and nod your head and repeat over and over ,"there is NO government waste fraud or abuse involved with trillions in Stimulus Spending".California dreaming!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fatso said:

At my plant I was told that if your fail the 'symptoms check' you will be sent home and S coded which means Short Work week.After that you call your doctor and I don't know what happens then,maybe you get a covid test?If you need to quarantine for 14 days I am hearing from the union that you will "get paid".How much exactly,I don't know.Also you must clear through plant medical before returning to work.The company is doing all this on a case by case basis meaning that if an employee has a history of attendance problems they may take a closer look.MADE IN CHINA  can ya be that honest?I know its okay to blame every thing bad that happens on Trump.Just waddle along with the other sheeple,be compliant and nod your head and repeat over and over ,"there is NO government waste fraud or abuse involved with trillions in Stimulus Spending".California dreaming!

S code is Shutdown. I was voluntary during the layoff and my boss needed to know by Monday if we were working so she could S code us so unemployment would know. I don't know if it's different everywhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fmccap said:

S code is Shutdown. I was voluntary during the layoff and my boss needed to know by Monday if we were working so she could S code us so unemployment would know. I don't know if it's different everywhere.

WTF?  I realize this all new territory but as a union member I rely on the union for answers.Shutdown don't sound like it pays.

11 hours ago, Fatso said:

WTF?  I realize this all new territory but as a union member I rely on the union for answers.Shutdown don't sound like it pays.

Pays unemployment. And with the Feds contribution it's not a bad deal at all.

Unemployment & SUB add up to about 80% of a 40 hour earnings.

Unemployment & Cares Act add up to about 100% of a 40 hour earnings, for some its close to 110%. if you choose the 1099 method...

Is there any question why the system players don`t want to come back? Reduce the cost and burden of not wanting to come back and even those people who would consider working fine themselves at odd`s to come back. Then mix in the 551 activist and the 600 activist and the question comes down to how long can we do nothing, produce nothing and expect everything to continue at a 100% or so to not come back?

With all the "we" shouldn`t be doing this and all the "we" can`t let them do that statements I hear regularly from our activist, I grabbed the opportunity when granted a moment of the activist time. "your holiness"   would it be possible to get some clarity on your stated judgements on the subject of the coronavirus?  Sure Decker what is it you seek? After hearing your multiple input and views on the situation and your interview on CNN making judgements and referencing issues in our plant. Is the all knowing going to make any suggestion of how the masses and the company should actually be responding to this virus? 

Shit!!! there was thunder and the lights dimmed!!!! Dammm IT Decker there you go again!!!! Then with thunder so load and a flash so bright the all knowing disappeared (poof)

One thing for sure the bucket of uncertainties is running over and the stack of we should do`s form all the plant floor disciples is never ending.  Then there`s the uncertainty of how long the company will continue to cry even after the line does start up. 

On a positive note there is an Indiana Hot Dog stand open this weekend, an old long hair is going to risk riding the old shovel there for not one but two!!!! Chicago Dogs  :yahoo:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Something I seen that holds true to me

Not aimed at anyone specifically.

First of all, I mean no disrespect to anyone who disagrees... We can see things differently and still get along... I have love for all friends and family no matter what your viewpoint is... I happen to agree with this.

For those who ridiculously claim that we who want our jobs and lives back don’t care about others, this is for you.

In light of all the videos that are considered conspiracy theories and are leaving people to wonder what the truth really is, there’s this. I can’t say 100% what the truth is. I know I’m finding it hard to believe anything. But I can still believe in the Constitution, and that’s what this statement is based on.

Anyone who thinks social distancing is a good idea for the next few years, or thinks that a ‘benevolent’ dictatorship is for the good of humanity, just stop now because I won’t be giving that point of view my energy.

If you want to stay home, stay home. That’s your sovereign right to choose.

If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask. That's your sovereign right to choose.

If you want to avoid large crowds, avoid large crowds. That's your sovereign right to choose.

I am not required to descend into poverty for you.

I am not required to abstain from human contact for you.(I wish I could bold this part)

I am not required to shop alone, without my friends and family, for you.

I refuse to participate in "quarantine life" until there's an unsafe, untested vaccine released in eighteen months.

I refuse to receive said vaccine to make others feel more safe.

That IS my sovereign right to choose!!!

If you're convinced the vaccine is safe and effective, you can get it.

Some of you are allowing fear and policies devoid of scientifically accurate data to destroy our country and ruin your life.

I can't control your self-destructive behaviors, but we all have a say in the once great USA and the planet we live on.

We need to tell legislators that we demand options.

We have a constitutional right to take risks. Life is full of bacteria and viruses--many of which spread before symptoms manifest and after they subside.

We have a Sovereign right to receive OR refuse vaccines.

The data was inaccurate at best; purposely overblown to justify government overreach at worst.

>>Stop allowing the government to destroy:

•The Food Supply
•Small Businesses
•Medical Autonomy
•Access to Healthcare
•Religious Gatherings
•Privacy Rights
•Fellowship
•Our Mental Health
•Our Freedom

When the "new normal" is filled with starvation, depression, suicide, child abuse, domestic violence, imprisonment, governmental spying, and pure DESPERATION, the virus is going to look preferable to the world you helped facilitate.

I'm going to turn this around on people from now on. Those that say I (or anyone that supports the mission to get us back open) is selfish, or putting money over lives by wanting the country back open for business...

Hear this:

-YOU don't care about the people that will kill themselves out of hopelessness

-YOU don't care about small businesses that'll close their doors (THEIR LIVELIHOOD) permanently

-YOU don't care about the children/women/men that'll be victims of domestic abuse

-YOU don't care about people defaulting on their mortgages

-YOU don't care about bills going unpaid by families with ZERO income right now

-YOU don't care about people wondering where their next meal will come from

-YOU don't care about the people that'll lose their sobriety and slip back into addiction

-YOU don't care about the people that will starve

-YOU support the inevitable looting that'll take place

-YOU don't care about anyone that's murdered the longer this shut down goes on

-YOU don't care about people's mental health

-YOU don't care about the children that DO need teachers and educators to guide & educate them

-YOU don't care about the economy crashing down around us

-YOU REALLY DON'T CARE.

-YOU love your shackles

-YOU are pathetic, begging your leaders for MORE shut down and MORE regulations

I will NOT tolerate another person telling me that I don't care about lives.

I care about the situation in its entirety.

But YOU don't care about any of that so...

>YOU stay home.

>YOU wear a mask.

>YOU live in fear.

Authored by a group, those of us WHO GENUINELY CARE about HUMANITY.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These folks who can’t even come up with a uniform procedure to report deaths (like don’t count the same person twice), provide correct data projections, and can’t make up their mind about simple things like “to wear or not to wear a mask, what will it be” want us to give up our private health insurance and let them be in charge of our health care.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, fmccap said:

Something I seen that holds true to me

That is and has been my point of view completely, I`ve earned the right of choose in so many ways. Service, donations and taxes give me the ability to consider not to or too comply to all these unproven demands.   

As for body count ideology… it wasn`t a positive method of intended help in the last draw we came away with in southeast Asia. Now NYTimes lists murder victim's in their covid19 body count?

Volunteerism....? is what started this hole experiment 200 plus years ago, I volunteer to take my chances on my job. I`ll wear a Ford issue mask instead of a exhale venting N95 in this 90 degree heat if that's required but when I reach the limit, the Ford issue mask will be in my pocket. Generate discipline for that, bring it on.

Edited by Decker

17 hours ago, pmooret said:

These folks who can’t even come up with a uniform procedure to report deaths (like don’t count the same person twice), provide correct data projections, and can’t make up their mind about simple things like “to wear or not to wear a mask, what will it be” want us to give up our private health insurance and let them be in charge of our health care.  

https://nationalfile.com/shooting-victims-count-as-covid-19-deaths-in-washington-state/

“Today, officials at the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) confirmed that, as the Freedom Foundation reported on Monday, the state is counting in its COVID-19 death total the deaths of persons who tested positive for the virus but died from other causes. In remarks made during a telephonic press briefing, DOH officials even acknowledged knowingly including multiple deaths caused by gunshot wounds in the state’s COVID-19 fatality count.