New Ranger Details/Rumors

https://www.motor1.com/news/424683/2022-ford-ranger-rumors/

Rendering from the article

2022-ford-ranger-rendering.jpg

Older renderings

aad37eccb9bd6ff71ae56a4698f306ff.jpg

56.jpg

I thought these were some interesting tidbits from the article.

the pickup would get a brand new plug-in hybrid powertrain, which hasn’t been installed in any Ford product to date. It will use a 2.3-liter turbocharged engine mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission and supported by an electric motor for a combined output of 362 horsepower (270 kilowatts) and 502 pound-feet (680 Newton-meters) of torque. The powertrain will be different from Ford’s 3.0- and 2.5-liter PHEV systems found in the new Explorer and Escape.”

”On the tech front, expect the new Ranger to get Ford’s SYNC4 infotainment system with a 12.8-inch vertical display on the center console and a wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. It’ll be joined by another 10.25-inch screen, which will be positioned ahead of the driver’s sight - a layout that’s very similar to the interior of the Mustang Mach-E.”

I like what I have seen of the bronco and bronco sport so far, but this new Ranger is sounding like a real winner too. It’s interior sounds like it will be much better than either of the broncos or any other truck in its class for that matter, and the front end design is really growing on me. Looks like I might have to wait until 2023 to decide what vehicle I want to buy next lol.

Edited by T-dubz

13 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

I hope this timing is closer to the truth than what we've been hearing since the virus started.

I think the story is coming from an Australian site, so we will probably be a bit behind whatever they are saying since ROW gets the new ranger first.

The PHEV probably is based on the 3.0 V6 system because it is using the same 10 speed auto. There is no point trying to reinvent the wheel there... all the work was done upfront on the 10 speed auto so vehicles with longitude engines can all use the same system. The integration with 2.3 EB is new which I'm sure is what they really mean to say.

5 hours ago, T-dubz said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/424683/2022-ford-ranger-rumors/

the pickup would get a brand new plug-in hybrid powertrain, which hasn’t been installed in any Ford product to date. It will use a 2.3-liter turbocharged engine mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission and supported by an electric motor for a combined output of 362 horsepower (270 kilowatts) and 502 pound-feet (680 Newton-meters) of torque. The powertrain will be different from Ford’s 3.0- and 2.5-liter PHEV systems found in the new Explorer and Escape.”

Hmmm... possible hint for what will be installed in the Mustang hybrid? Except the Mustang would presumably be hybrid only, no plug in capability.

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

I would not expect the frontend to look like that in the States as well. That center bumper integrated into the grille is most likely ROW much like today's Ranger is.

Why would you say that? The Styling is more F-series then it is currently

Ford F-150 Electric Truck Rendered: Mach-E Style Grille, Aero Mods

The C clamp headlights with the Bars in the middle appears to be Ford's Truck styling going forward

Even the Bronco Sport and Bronco will have something similar to that. 

30 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Why would you say that? The Styling is more F-series then it is currently

Ford F-150 Electric Truck Rendered: Mach-E Style Grille, Aero Mods

The C clamp headlights with the Bars in the middle appears to be Ford's Truck styling going forward

Even the Bronco Sport and Bronco will have something similar to that. 

Headlights will be the same as the rendering, but the rest of the frontend will most likely diverge.  See the center part of the rendering where the grille is integrated into the bumper, just like the current Ranger is overseas.  I'd expect it to be a bit different for the US market and more "truck" with completely a separate bumper/grille.

f0ef50b1de544760443b3df652281c3c.thumb.jpg.a2755c153e31dfe96cee7c19b8465f5c.jpg