Edge ST Line

Should be ST "Lite"..........all the looks, without the power :)

It's certainly a popular trim here in the UK (well, not on the Edge, as we don't get that anymore).

One thing though......isn't it rather late to be showing this as a '20MY? Surely makes more sense as a '21MY?

7 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Good concept, the “ST-Line” name and badging is just lame.  

I wonder where the came up with using the word “Line?” Hyundai also has N-Line which is essentially the same thing.

Just now, Harley Lover said:

Why couldn't this be the new 'Sport' trim, and try to save the ST name so that is means something? Or is that now Ford Performance? Or SVT? Or... ?

yeah I kinda agree. It’d be cool if this was the sport, and then they renamed ST to SVT.

Audi: S-line

Mercedes: AMG-Line

BMW: M Sport, or even M340i which is different from M3

Hyundai: N-Line

Kia: GT-Line

Genesis: Sport - probably the other OEM besides Ford where 'Sport' means you get upgraded engine in addition to different appearance

Chevrolet: RS

Cadillac: V Sport, or just Sport for the blacked-out trims

Toyota: TRD - at least for Camry and Avalon, it is simply different suspension tuning and different tires.

Lexus: F-sport

Honda: Sport - no signs of using 'Si-Line' yet

Acura: A-Spec - different from Type-S

Nissan/Infiniti: I guess they never got in the game

Mazda: also never got in the game, and 'Sport' indicates the base trim to my dismay

VW: GTI and GLI, but those were always tied to the Golf and Jetta respectively. The 2018 Passat GT is a car that no one seems to remember.

Volvo: R-design

Subaru: Sport, WRX and STI have always been Impreza-based

Jaguar/LR: I think they have something, but never quite cared enough

Lincoln: Monochromatic Package - ooh la la

FCA: whatever they do, i'm sure it won't last any more than 3 years whether it's Scat Pack or Hellcat and bring it back 35 years later.

Edited by dlghtjr90

31 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Why couldn't this be the new 'Sport' trim, and try to save the ST name so that is means something? Or is that now Ford Performance? Or SVT? Or... ?

They’ve had ST and ST-Line in Europe for many years without an issue.

33 minutes ago, dlghtjr90 said:

Audi: S-line

Mercedes: AMG-Line

BMW: M Sport, or even M340i which is different from M3

Hyundai: N-Line

Kia: GT-Line

Genesis: Sport - probably the other OEM besides Ford where 'Sport' means you get upgraded engine in addition to different appearance

Chevrolet: RS

Cadillac: V Sport, or just Sport for the blacked-out trims

Toyota: TRD - at least for Camry and Avalon, it is simply different suspension tuning and different tires.

Lexus: F-sport

Honda: Sport - no signs of using 'Si-Line' yet

Acura: A-Spec - different from Type-S

Nissan/Infiniti: I guess they never got in the game

Mazda: also never got in the game, and 'Sport' indicates the base trim to my dismay

VW: GTI and GLI, but those were always tied to the Golf and Jetta respectively. The 2018 Passat GT is a car that no one seems to remember.

Volvo: R-design

Subaru: Sport, WRX and STI have always been Impreza-based

Jaguar/LR: I think they have something, but never quite cared enough

Lincoln: Monochromatic Package - ooh la la

FCA: whatever they do, i'm sure it won't last any more than 3 years whether it's Scat Pack or Hellcat and bring it back 35 years later.

VW's version of ST-line is R-line. GTI is the same as Ford ST. And R is the same as Ford RS.

Also, didn't Ford sell Fiesta ST-line in the US during the last model year of that car? So this is not the first time but it sure took them long enough to roll it out on a higher volume model. 

1 hour ago, Harley Lover said:

As an Explorer ST owner, I agree with you.  IMO it diminishes the name a bit, and removes the uniqueness of the ST line.  ST should meet more than a look.   “Sport” would have been sufficient.

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I think this would be a huge hit on the explorer. The st is the best looking explorer and if this was an option, I would have probably bought it over the xlt.

I'm sure we'll see something like it in a few years.

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

VW's version of ST-line is R-line. GTI is the same as Ford ST. And R is the same as Ford RS.

Also, didn't Ford sell Fiesta ST-line in the US during the last model year of that car? So this is not the first time but it sure took them long enough to roll it out on a higher volume model. 

Yeah I thought so.

2 hours ago, bzcat said:

Excellent comment and sharp observation sir.

There is that Explorer Appearance Package happening for 21MY, but I wouldn't be surprised if the name changes to ST-line sooner than later.

2 hours ago, tbone said:

As an Explorer ST owner, I agree with you.  IMO it diminishes the name a bit, and removes the uniqueness of the ST line.  ST should meet more than a look.   “Sport” would have been sufficient.

Totally agree,  It should be Sport or something else as I also hate the generic "Sport".  

I have owned an Audi Q5 S-line, and a BMW 335i M-Sport. I've also own a Audi S4 and SQ5 and a BMW M3. It's easy to understand the appeal of the "#-line" or "#-Sport" concept for both car companies and buyers. It's easy to understand and easy to sell... you get the look but not the performance.

ST and ST-line name convention is pretty straight forward so I think Ford will do fine. If you want to be annoyed, it doesn't matter what Ford calls it (indeed someone in this thread complained about "Sport" being too generic). The point is I don't really see any confusion here... ST buyers knows they are buying performance, and ST-line buyers knows they are buying appearance. 

• Like 3