CDC lowers overall COVID death Rate to most likely 0.3%

There's a new report out by the CDC projecting new fatality rates for the Wuhan virus. Dr Paul is reporting it as 0.36%. This is their new "Best estimate". Whatever the exact number, less than 1% is an incredibly promising figure! It's also absolutely devastating results for the WHO and the lock down doomsdayers. Here's the link to the study itself.

Edited by probowler

16 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Team apocalypse will just shift their narrative and come up with increasingly more shaky reasons why lockdowns need to continue

True, but it's good to share this info to as many people as possible so they have actual facts to fight and win the info war.

6 hours ago, probowler said:

True, but it's good to share this info to as many people as possible so they have actual facts to fight and win the info war.

Do yourself a favor and don't use the phrase "info war". People automatically associate you with Alex Jones and that's probably not a good thing. 

3 tenths of 1 percent!

And I got shamed for not wearing my "let's be like China' face mask while buying a 6pack of good local beer - won't go back to that store again! 

I was grabbing a few beers after my workout, I wasn't planning on robbing a train or doing snowboard tricks in the half pipe! 

On the mask note, I had a large package of genuine US made 3M N-95's cause when sand, and paint etc. I like to have good stuff.  During the initial panic I offered them to my neighbor, who's young son just went through a very serious medical issue and had a highly compromised immune system.  They thanked me dearly but indicated they were well stocked.  I then took them over to the local fire/paramedic station, the guys were outside shooting hoops. I Showed them the package and offered, they said YES!  we are in short supply, and took them.  So, the only mask that really matters, I did what I felt was the best thing I can do.  Now the 'Covid Karen's' are shaming for not wearing a dirty train robber bandana when I go to the store!  Geezz - what have we come to!

On 5/28/2020 at 9:05 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Team apocalypse will just shift their narrative and come up with increasingly more shaky reasons why lockdowns need to continue

Yes, CNN and WHO was reporting that the virus can live on surfaces a long time!  For example, it can live until Nov 3rd on voting machine surfaces in red states...

What people fail to realize is that without social distancing and the other precautions that were taken back in March the death rate would be a lot higher and more hospitals would have been overrun.  I think it’s safe to open back up most businesses with precautions but that doesn’t mean this was just the flu.

• Like 1

Tough love - (freedom of speech)

Novel virus's will not be going away anytime soon.

China is behaving badly -running their biological weapon/research labs with the protocols of 10 year olds playing with firecrackers.  Filthy 'wet markets' will remain prominent in Asian cultures - global shipping and travel will bring disease here faster than a speeding bullet.  Many Asian countries are simply not trustworthy by historical and cultural custom - sorry not PC, but true.

We better get healthier as a nation.  High percentage of everyday people are on common prescription drugs that suppress immune, liver, pancreatic, and other normal body functions making for higher risk. Insanely high obesity rates.  Average Americans are not willing to find alternatives to poor diet and sedentary lifestyles when a daily pill can give them false security.  Upper respiratory disease attacks exactly the area of the body that is affected by poor lifestyle choices.  These virus's cannot be cured nor will they go away (common cold is a 'coronavirus'). 

This is the tip of the iceberg.  It is completely plausible this was 'test run' by the CCP - lets study our enemies reaction (since when in the past 75 yeas has a vile communist government worried about killing innocent people to make a point?).  Unless we want to cower in fear the rest of our lives every time big bad CCP has a Hong Kong revolution to quell, wants to gain an economic advantage, or to intimidate a strong opposing leader who stands up to their despicable communist ideology, then we better be on high alert and as a society we better get a lot tougher.  

Edited by Kev-Mo

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Do yourself a favor and don't use the phrase "info war". People automatically associate you with Alex Jones and that's probably not a good thing. 

Nah, I love Info Wars. AJ is sensationalist for sure, but he's not much worse than CNN... plus he's fun as hell to watch. You just have to be careful because he does get carried away at times.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

What people fail to realize is that without social distancing and the other precautions that were taken back in March the death rate would be a lot higher and more hospitals would have been overrun.  I think it’s safe to open back up most businesses with precautions but that doesn’t mean this was just the flu.

The way the data is trending, makes me think that perhaps the death rate would would have gone up faster, sooner, but not necessarily more than the viruses natural course. What spreading the curve did do like you say, what it was intended to do, was to prevent unnecessary deaths due to lack of hospital space and ventilates. In that sense, we probably did save lives, though some people argue we went a little too far unnecessarily.  But that's hindsight right? At the time we didn't know, and we were getting a lot of bad information and bungled projections. I am not happy though with the doomsdayers going around, calling the cops on their neighbors, and going full-blown authoritarian "fuck the constitution" on the rest of us.

I'd like to hear more about China's role in all this, how much they knew, when they knew it, and their motives behind slowing down and outright hiding information regarding this virus to the world. If the CCP acted negligently or with ill intent, they should be held accountable.

Edited by probowler

On 5/29/2020 at 4:00 PM, akirby said:

I don't see no truth to that. The vast majority of people see mild or no symptoms to begin with and it's being said the infection rate is most likely much higher. Second they say in the hardest hit places a majority of the deaths were in nursing homes. Subtract those from the total and you have a very different picture. I only say that because government was at fault for those since they made nursing homes take back in positive cases. This goes to show once again government does not do much right. They quarantined everyone instead of quarantining the sick and protecting the most vulnerable. So much for our politicians and the "experts" they were listening to.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:14 PM, probowler said:

The way the data is trending, makes me think that perhaps the death rate would would have gone up faster, sooner, but not necessarily more than the viruses natural course. What spreading the curve did do like you say, what it was intended to do, was to prevent unnecessary deaths due to lack of hospital space and ventilates. In that sense, we probably did save lives, though some people argue we went a little too far unnecessarily.

From what I looked up we never were dangerously high in hospital space or ventilator usage. All these hospital camps that were built were taken down without really ever being used.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:14 PM, probowler said:

I'd like to hear more about China's role in all this, how much they knew, when they knew it, and their motives behind slowing down and outright hiding information regarding this virus to the world. If the CCP acted negligently or with ill intent, they should be held accountable.

I remember seeing the "bat-woman" scientist who works at that lab worried at the beginning if the virus leaked out of the lab. They found this shit somewhere in a cave and brought it back. If it wasn't for this would we even be in this situation?

I wouldn't only hold China accountable. Why were we funding that lab and what do we actually know?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fmccap said:

I don't see no truth to that. The vast majority of people see mild or no symptoms to begin with and it's being said the infection rate is most likely much higher. Second they say in the hardest hit places a majority of the deaths were in nursing homes. Subtract those from the total and you have a very different picture. I only say that because government was at fault for those since they made nursing homes take back in positive cases. This goes to show once again government does not do much right. They quarantined everyone instead of quarantining the sick and protecting the most vulnerable. So much for our politicians and the "experts" they were listening to.

It's amazing Gov Coumo has such high approval rating after he sent infected INTO nursing homes... absolutely wild.

9 hours ago, probowler said:

So explain then.

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Please explain. Cuomo sticking sick people into nursing homes has been reported everywhere for weeks. 

Sure will...I have friends that work in both nursing homes and hospitals and Medicaid reimbursements dictate how long a patient stays in a hospital and when they get discharged from a hospital and are sent to an assisted care facility. Cuomo was directing the assisted care facilities to follow CDC guidelines and ensure proper protocols are being followed, but it is MEDICAID that makes the call on where the patient is cared for. Next thing you know, Fox Entertainment is making Cuomo out to be the Great Satan due to his direction that hospitals and assisted care facilities follow those CDC guidelines..... like hospitals, you have great assisted care facilities and you have some really crappy ones, instead of correcting issues, it is easier to blame a politician for the failings of our government run healthcare system.

PS: Thanks for nothing!!! I hate having to "defend" Cuomo, but I cannot stand flat out lies from some news outlets, be it CNN or Fox Entertainment or MSNBC....

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

Cuomo (and the other governors) should have had good enough morals too see that the CDC guidances were incredibly dangerous to those at greatest risk and not blindly follow them. It's a very important distinction to note the CDC issued guidelines, not rules. Elected "leaders" should have known better. I'm not letting them off the hook that easily. 

This is going to be our generation's agent orange when this is all said and done, as long as the ANTIFA riots don't destroy everything first. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

8 hours ago, twintornados said:

Sure will...I have friends that work in both nursing homes and hospitals and Medicaid reimbursements dictate how long a patient stays in a hospital and when they get discharged from a hospital and are sent to an assisted care facility. Cuomo was directing the assisted care facilities to follow CDC guidelines and ensure proper protocols are being followed, but it is MEDICAID that makes the call on where the patient is cared for. Next thing you know, Fox Entertainment is making Cuomo out to be the Great Satan due to his direction that hospitals and assisted care facilities follow those CDC guidelines..... like hospitals, you have great assisted care facilities and you have some really crappy ones, instead of correcting issues, it is easier to blame a politician for the failings of our government run healthcare system.

PS: Thanks for nothing!!! I hate having to "defend" Cuomo, but I cannot stand flat out lies from some news outlets, be it CNN or Fox Entertainment or MSNBC....

I see, I'm definitely no fan of government healthcare or insurance companies. Even so, it seems incredibly odd that hospitals, doctors, and the government along with Coumo would allow them to send covid patients back into the elderly homes. For no one to raise the alarm or do something to stop it is pretty messed up. You gotta admit, the buck stops at the governor no?

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Cuomo (and the other governors) should have had good enough morals too see that the CDC guidances were incredibly dangerous to those at greatest risk and not blindly follow them. It's a very important distinction to note the CDC issued guidelines, not rules. Elected "leaders" should have known better. I'm not letting them off the hook that easily. 

This is going to be our generation's agent orange when this is all said and done, as long as the ANTIFA riots don't destroy everything first. 

What TT was saying above was that Medicaid makes the call on when patients are released from hospitals and instructs that they go to

assisted living facilities that were Ill prepared, Como doesn't have a say in that but tried to make them follow CDC guidelines which is

where it all broke down, all those nursing homes were just not prepared to or able to deal with all the still infected patients being thrown

at them.

I'm certain that NY was well and truly infected much earlier than officials are admitting, it had to be for that  degree of spread.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Please see @jpd80 posting....couldn't have said it better.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jpd80 said:

What TT was saying above was that Medicaid makes the call on when patients are released from hospitals and instructs that they go to

assisted living facilities that were Ill prepared, Como doesn't have a say in that but tried to make them follow CDC guidelines which is

where it all broke down, all those nursing homes were just not prepared to or able to deal with all the still infected patients being thrown

at them.

I'm certain that NY was well and truly infected much earlier than officials are admitting, it had to be for that  degree of spread.

9 hours ago, twintornados said:

Please see @jpd80 posting....couldn't have said it better.

So what do you make of the report that a major Hospital and nursing home lobby donated 2.3 million to Cuomos campaign, and 2 years later his aids included legal immunity to them from lawsuits related to Wuhan virus?  If Cuomo hadn't allowed these companies to be shielded from legal reprecussions, they probably would have thought TWICE before sending the sick back into these homes.

27 minutes ago, probowler said:

So what do you make of the report that a major Hospital and nursing home lobby donated 2.3 million to Cuomos campaign, and 2 years later his aids included legal immunity to them from lawsuits related to Wuhan virus?  If Cuomo hadn't allowed these companies to be shielded from legal reprecussions, they probably would have thought TWICE before sending the sick back into these homes.

Welcome to NY style politics....I told you I don't like the guy....

36 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Welcome to NY style politics....I told you I don't like the guy....

Hmm.... I think it's fair to say that Coumo didn't literally order these patients into the assisted healthcare facilities, but it seems  like your argument is that "well he's not incompetent, he's just corrupt."  By giving these hospitals the legal protection to do this, is he not responsible for the result??

I don't understand why you're defending him at all, and why you failed to mention such a critical part of the story in your defense of him.  You said before Coumo doesn't have a say but his bill amendments protected these companies and enabled this action by the hospitals.

Edited by probowler

13 hours ago, probowler said:

Hmm.... I think it's fair to say that Coumo didn't literally order these patients into the assisted healthcare facilities, but it seems  like your argument is that "well he's not incompetent, he's just corrupt."  By giving these hospitals the legal protection to do this, is he not responsible for the result??

I don't understand why you're defending him at all, and why you failed to mention such a critical part of the story in your defense of him.  You said before Coumo doesn't have a say but his bill amendments protected these companies and enabled this action by the hospitals.

Your original critique was "Cuomo is sticking COVID-19 patients in nursing homes" ...that is a lie perpetuated by the hard-right Fox entertainment crowd, it is just that...a lie. As for NY Style politics...here's a hint for you...they are ALL corrupt.