CDC lowers overall COVID death Rate to most likely 0.3%

On 6/1/2020 at 3:40 AM, jpd80 said:

What TT was saying above was that Medicaid makes the call on when patients are released from hospitals and instructs that they go to

assisted living facilities that were Ill prepared, Como doesn't have a say in that but tried to make them follow CDC guidelines which is

where it all broke down, all those nursing homes were just not prepared to or able to deal with all the still infected patients being thrown

at them.

I'm certain that NY was well and truly infected much earlier than officials are admitting, it had to be for that  degree of spread.

And yet, somehow, my entire life was flipped upside down (not a complaint, just a fact). Seems like a really weak argument, when Gov's did pretty much anything they wanted

for the past 2 months. Who would have argued with them if they just said no. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Your original critique was "Cuomo is sticking COVID-19 patients in nursing homes" ...that is a lie perpetuated by the hard-right Fox entertainment crowd, it is just that...a lie. As for NY Style politics...here's a hint for you...they are ALL corrupt.

Except it's not, I gave you a story from the progressive left.

1 hour ago, OX1 said:

And yet, somehow, my entire life was flipped upside down (not a complaint, just a fact). Seems like a really weak argument, when Gov's did pretty much anything they wanted

No one, not even the government was going against medical advice, so no the government didn't do anything it liked,

The good will of the citizens ensured broad community compliance with isolation measures, their patience now growing thin.

No one in power can escape the thorough colonoscopy that's coming.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, probowler said:

I don't understand why you're defending him at all, and why you failed to mention such a critical part of the story in your defense of him.  You said before Coumo doesn't have a say but his bill amendments protected these companies and enabled this action by the hospitals.

He’s not defending him, he’s correcting a lie - fake news.  Big difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, probowler said:

Except it's not, I gave you a story from the progressive left.

oh, but it is.....however, you keep telling yourself otherwise to make you feel good.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-yorkers-bash-cuomo-coronavirus-nursing-homes

Took all of .0002 seconds to find the link...

Edited by twintornados

US Army Corps of Engineers converts Javits Conference Center to massive hospital in <5 days (under direction of CIC)

US Navy sends world's largest hospital ship to dock in NY Harbor ready to help -deploying in record time (under direction if CIC)

New York left wing political leaders screw up using same old swamp corrupt politics - making no use of the resources provided that could have helped, because swamp run medicare is telling them what to do, and the rules are rules! Just blame the CIC.  Meanwhile, the working folks lives are turned upside down and business is closed and unalienable rights are suspended because apparently to guys like me - rules (like the constitution) are not rules.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OX1 said:

Exactly - the swamp can declare martial law on the working guy, stripping of constitutional rights,  but they can't make a common sense crisis variance to a swamp run medicaid policy - even when military under direction of POTUS provided thousands of hospital beds that went unused.  it is completely irrational!  - and we're debating news outlets -that's the problem  right vs left instead of common sense vs swamp.

Edited by Kev-Mo

Apparently Civics class in school ain't what it used to be.

If everyone would just read their laws, it would be mostly clear who is right and who is not.

My problem is why doesn't the news report the law as written and challenge when the swamp ignores the words?  And I have bigger problem that people just listen to the news and don't look further at information that easily available to them.

When our Governor declared a lock-down, how many people actually went and checked his work?

Colorado Constitution (is written in very plain English - the way of west back in 1876)

Article II Section 3: Inalienable rights. All persons have certain natural, essential and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned the right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties; of acquiring, possessing and protecting property; and of seeking and obtaining their safety and happiness.

Governor declared lock-down citing:

Article IV Section 2:  The supreme executive power of the state shall be vested in the governor, who shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed.

Analysis:

Article II, Section 3  clearly says individuals are responsible for their own safety and their own property. Article IV Section 2, that the governor cited for his order, clearly states that an executive order must uphold the law.

So who broke the law?

The working guy who defied the order and opened his business under Article II Section 3? (and was shut down indefinitely to be made an example of)
Or, the Governor who failed to uphold the law with his executive power?

The answer is very clear. 

Edited by Kev-Mo

1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

even when military under direction of POTUS provided thousands of hospital beds that went unused

I have less of a problem with that. Better to have them and not need them than the other way around. 

The part I have a problem with is when it became obvious the extra beds weren't needed a lot of these governors doubled down on their lockdown orders. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I have less of a problem with that. Better to have them and not need them than the other way around. 

The part I have a problem with is when it became obvious the extra beds weren't needed a lot of these governors doubled down on their lockdown orders. 

Right - because with Medicaid, rules are rules, but to the working guys - your essential unalienable rights are up to the government.

1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

Right - because with Medicaid, rules are rules, but to the working guys - your essential unalienable rights are up to the government.

To the person that was bellyaching at the local grocery shop about how he was tired of being told what to do, I told him he should go out and drive 100 MPH up the commercial corridor main road because speed limits are such a violation of of his right to drive as fast as he wants.

8 hours ago, twintornados said:

oh, but it is.....however, you keep telling yourself otherwise to make you feel good.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-yorkers-bash-cuomo-coronavirus-nursing-homes

Took all of .0002 seconds to find the link...

Are you serious dude? I just gave you a source from the left. It's in the gigantic box on the previous page... Stop acting like a  child.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:58 PM, probowler said:

So what do you make of the report that a major Hospital and nursing home lobby donated 2.3 million to Cuomos campaign, and 2 years later his aids included legal immunity to them from lawsuits related to Wuhan virus?  If Cuomo hadn't allowed these companies to be shielded from legal reprecussions, they probably would have thought TWICE before sending the sick back into these homes.

10 hours ago, probowler said:

Are you serious dude? I just gave you a source from the left. It's in the gigantic box on the previous page... Stop acting like a  child.

Hahahahhaa....acting like a child? Who is the one that keeps trying to move the topic....first it was "Cuomo is putting COVID-19 patients in nursing homes" ...when I debunked that LIE, then it was, "Well Cuomo gave 'cover' to his cronies that donated to him..." when I agreed with you and told you they were ALL crooks in NYS, then you try to switch the conversation to "its a great left wing/deep state conspiracy!" and I show articles from far right media outlets running with the lie that you wish was the truth...now you want to resort to name calling?

Who is the child here??

ADD ON: "The Hill" website (your youtube 'source' for your expose`) is yet another hard right "news entertainment" site that is about as informative as the National Enquirer for facts.

Edited by twintornados

45 minutes ago, twintornados said:

then you try to switch the conversation to "its a great left wing/deep state conspiracy!" and I show articles from far right media outlets running with the lie that you wish was the truth...now you want to resort to name calling?

I never said that, you're insane.  I don't know what coocoo world you live in, but if a politician takes money from someone, then gives them legal immunity with which they take advantage of and subsequently get people killed, that politician is responsible. That logic applies to Coumo, Trump, everyone. I don't care if Fox News is talking about it, I was simply informing you that the left is covering this story too.. It's not just Fox news. I'm Pretty sure the NYT or Post talked about it too, I believe this was a front page story.

Also I don't know anything about the Hill but Kyrstal and Saagar are progressive. They call out both parties equally and fairly. Can't speak for the hill, but the show I quoted is not "far right"

Edited by probowler
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, probowler said:

"Scrambling"... says the guy crying for moderator help :whistling:

Too bad you just don't seem to "get it" (what else is new?) you've been around enough to realize that the moderators will step in and lock a thread when it goes off the rails...but, sure...you keep telling yourself how smart you are....

Edited by twintornados

31 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Too bad you just don't seem to "get it" (what else is new?) you've been around enough to realize that the moderators will step in and lock a thread when it goes off the rails...but, sure...you keep telling yourself how smart you are....

This is my thread, and If you want to continue embarrassing yourself  here you have my full permission.

No moderation assistance needed ?

18 minutes ago, probowler said:

This is my thread, and If you want to continue embarrassing yourself  here you have my full permission.

No moderation assistance needed ?

BRRRZZT...wrong again......you may have started the thread, but since it is here on Blue Oval Forums....it is their thread. Please continue to tell yourself how smart you are...you must really love being wrong.all.the.time.

22 hours ago, twintornados said:

To the person that was bellyaching at the local grocery shop about how he was tired of being told what to do, I told him he should go out and drive 100 MPH up the commercial corridor main road because speed limits are such a violation of of his right to drive as fast as he wants.

That reply is just weird. 

Nobody says rights of liberty means you don't have to obey traffic laws. (driving is a privilege, not a right - drilled into my head many decades ago in High School Drivers Ed class)

What I am saying is, the executive lock-downs are not within the law as it is written in my state's constitution.  If you think executive lock-downs should be law, then first change your state's constitution to say that it can be so.

So for example in my state (CO):

What it says:  The supreme executive power of the state shall be vested in the governor, who shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed.

What it would need to be changed to:  The supreme executive power of the state shall be vested in the governor, who's orders shall supersede all personal rights etc.....etc. -  Good luck finding nice words for 'tyranny' and getting that passed.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

That reply is just weird. 

Nobody says rights of liberty means you don't have to obey traffic laws. (driving is a privilege, not a right - drilled into my head many decades ago in High School Drivers Ed class)

What I am saying is, the executive lock-downs are not within the law as it is written in my state's constitution.  If you think executive lock-downs should be law, then first change your state's constitution to say that it can be so.

Wearing a mask and social distancing has no effect on our liberties.....I want the stores and other businesses open just like the next guy but I have also seen the devastation wreaked by the scourge of COVID-19. The main issue is, while I will wear a mask and socially distance, there is a subset of the community that wants to insist that they do as they please...and by doing as they please, it directly impacts my liberties to be free from this virus. My "car doing 100MPH" was an analogy of following direction vs anarchy.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to hear more about China's role in all this, how much they knew, when they knew it, and their motives behind slowing down and outright hiding information regarding this virus to the world. If the CCP acted negligently or with ill intent, they should be held accountable. mobdro tubemate

Edited by krankins
  • Haha 1