Mustang Mach 1 Returning for 2021 Model Year

1 hour ago, coupe3w said:

The Hellion twin turbo kit is street legal in all 50 states.

Hellion doesn't seem so confident about that.

Regardless, the OEMs have to get the catalytic converters hot very fast to meet start up emissions. The turbo needs to mounted as close to the exhaust ports as possible... with at cats right behind. There's a lot of pipe between the exhaust ports and cats on the Hellion kit.

15 hours ago, CurtisH said:

I’m apparently a little slow here.  It’s probably obvious, but what’s missing?

Air filters. None on either turbo on the Hellion kitted car. That engine (and the turbos) wouldn't last 3 months in a daily sucking constant dirt.  

Edited by YT90SC

3 hours ago, coupe3w said:

And as far as the doing the turbo part of it, couldn't that be done on a niche line?

The Niche Line is at Romeo Engine Plant, not Flat Rock Assembly.  And while the engine could be assembled there, it still needs to fit into the car on the production line at FRAP.

54 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

And?

Track ready doesn't mean it's a race car as Fuzzy was saying.  He was implying it wasn't a street car because of things that were missing (on the engine photo which isn't even a mach 1 engine).   It's all moot anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadManMoon said:

The Niche Line is at Romeo Engine Plant, not Flat Rock Assembly.  And while the engine could be assembled there, it still needs to fit into the car on the production line at FRAP.

Okay, I guess it's to hard for Ford to do. I don't know what I was thinking. So sorry I brought it up. Back to regular SUV production. Carry on.

44 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im well aware of that. Others are insisting it's a Ford project which it is clearly not. 

No they're not.  You guys completely misunderstood.   That engine pic was in response to the statement that twin turbos would not fit under the hood of a 5.0L mustang.  Had nothing to do with Mach 1.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

Okay, I guess it's to hard for Ford to do. I don't know what I was thinking. So sorry I brought it up. Back to regular SUV production. Carry on.

Of course it could be done - just not easily.  Besides, twin turbos would put it in GT500 territory which is way above where Mach 1 would sit in the lineup anyway.

The whole twin turbo tangent was confusing and not really relevant to Mach 1.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

No they're not.  You guys completely misunderstood.   That engine pic was in response to the statement that twin turbos would not fit under the hood of a 5.0L mustang.  Had nothing to do with Mach 1.

I never said it wouldn't fit under the hood. I said there's a difference between doing it in your garage and on the assembly line. I'm not saying it can't be done at all, it's just going to take some creative packaging and engineering to accomplish. It can be done, they had to get VERY creative with the GT500 to be able to properly cool the engine and transmission, I'm just not sure in the final year or 2 of S550 they want to put that much more into the platform. 

28 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I never said it wouldn't fit under the hood. I said there's a difference between doing it in your garage and on the assembly line. I'm not saying it can't be done at all, it's just going to take some creative packaging and engineering to accomplish. It can be done, they had to get VERY creative with the GT500 to be able to properly cool the engine and transmission, I'm just not sure in the final year or 2 of S550 they want to put that much more into the platform. 

You're arguing about twin turbos on a Mach 1 that clearly won't have twin turbos.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, coupe3w said:

Can you understand English?

image.png.78cf46cfd03ac69459cb2d231792e4e4.png

Ok. The only Hellion cars I've seen are ones that got poorly swapped back to stock and trailered in, hoping that the piston fragments, wrist pins, and rod parts in the pan coupled with the obvious extremely recent PCM reprogramming would fly under warranty. I had no idea how they were actually supposed to be installed, and I have seen plenty of 'tuner' cars without them installed, ever. I figured they had a tube stretched out of the engine compartment to not heat soak the air entering the compressor housing, but I was wrong. Thank you for being so kind and understanding of me asking a simple question. 

• Like 1