F150 reveal set for 6/25

On 6/24/2020 at 12:02 PM, YT90SC said:

Throughout my career, it has TOTALLY been a pendulum with them. They build great stuff for a few years, build profit margins, then swing the other way, get lax and build low quality part and QC nightmares. (FYI: not blaming actual assembly here, because I know it isn't all on them.) While doing so they try to maintain profit margins until they realize what they have done, then start the cycle over again. We are definitely still in that swing to crap. What is always infuriating is a few dollars spent in the right places and a modicum of common sense in engineering/development would cure their most of their ills. It is far easier for them to dream up new schemes to take money from the repairing dealerships and keep decreasing part cost (and therefore quality), even though that will not add up to anything real in terms of savings.   

The plastic oil pan sealed with RTV for example...garbage!

Like the new interior, big screen and all, but still wish they went further with the design.  They said every exterior panel is new, but is it really new if you can't tell?

Still gorgeous truck. Introing the hybrid now.

Edit:  Pics linked below show off the design differences much better than the Ford video did.

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Like the new interior, big screen and all, but still wish they went further with the design.  They said every exterior panel is new, but is it really new is you can't tell?

Still gorgeous truck. Introing the hybrid now.

I can tell.

• Like 1

Then, there's the new F-150's

pièce de résistance: The PowerBoost hybrid. Based on the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 and a specially calibrated variant of the 10-speed automatic, this is going to be the range-topping powertrain for the 2021 model. 

It's from this hybrid system that we're to expect the class-leading power and torque about which Ford has been boasting. While exact figures have not been released, we can comfortably say that the PowerBoost model will produce at least 420 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque; the former is the power output of the 6.2-liter V8 in the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra; the latter is the torque output of the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel offered in the Ram 1500

[/quote)

Hmmmmmmmmm

Just now, blwnsmoke said:

UGHHH..  powerboost??   Hate the name.  But boy these trucks are gorgeous.  Hope these fold flat seats make it to the SD soon.  I've slept many of times in my SD during snow storms and this would be awesome to have.

Ford dropped twin force for ecoboost back in the days, and now the vehicle that should have been called eco boost is called power boost ?.