F150 reveal set for 6/25

36 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Fun fact: The team ended up getting *very* good intel on the upcoming GM emergency refresh and made a few small adjustments accordingly. 

This one will own the segment for the foreseeable future. 

Ok you've piqued my interest. Can you share what that intel was? 

33 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

I can tell.

Same here. Surprised they changed so much of the body.

"The new truck features a redesigned exterior that Ford describes as a "bolder" and "tougher." Changes include a raised front fender, a tucked-in mid-section and larger tires that are pulled out three-quarters of an inch. The truck's headlamp design has been updated, and it has a new power-dome hood and wraparound bumpers. Eleven different grille options are available across the lineup."

6 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Without saying too much...

Tech product mix relative to expected transaction pricing.

They'll literally go broke (again) trying to match up trim for trim.

Riiigght.  I’m sure you have a great understanding of the financials and profit margins for both GM and Ford.  

Edited by 02MustangGT

3 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Riiigght.  I’m sure you have a great understanding of the financials and profit margins for both GM and Ford.  

Woah, man. Cool down.

I have friends in a few fingers of the project, and I trust them. I share here what I can without getting anyone in trouble.

My guys say truck program volume and scaling of certain tech assets was done in a way that is very advantageous for Ford, and that the GM emergency refresh will be trying to replicate many of these features without the availability of scaling throughout total truck volume. 

Is that better?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Woah, man. Cool down.

I have friends in a few fingers of the project, and I trust them. I share here what I can without getting anyone in trouble.

My guys say truck program volume and scaling of certain tech assets was done in a way that is very advantageous for Ford, and that the GM emergency refresh will be trying to replicate many of these features without the availability of scaling throughout total truck volume. 

Is that better?

Cool down?  Just stating the facts.  Making a statement about GM going broke over a few options and a pricing disadvantage on a half ton truck is arrogant.  You can trust your “sources” all you want, but making ludicrous statements such as “They’ll literally go broke (again)” requires further explanation.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Cool down?  Just stating the facts.  Making a statement about GM going broke over a few options and a pricing disadvantage on a half ton truck is arrogant.  You can trust your “sources” all you want, but making ludicrous statements such as “They’ll literally go broke (again)” requires further explanation.  

Breath deep and stay calm.....I don't think you need to get so worked up about it.

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

Nice to see that Sync 4 is standard. Did I hear correctly that hands free driving and left turn assist is also standard?

that left turn assist makes me a bit nervous. At least I’m assuming you can turn it off.

• Like 2

Couple of other things I noticed on a few sites. 

like idea of locking rear seat storage but who has a key anymore!

still no rear wheelhouse liners standard on the truck let alone top end models at least what the video clips show. 

no goofy Denali tailgate-tha my goodness!

Really like the new digital dash and wish Ford would redesign the shifter notification.  Every fucking Ford has had a PRNDS or whatever they call it forever and just wish they would only show what gear it is. This is something they don’t deviate from so it must be some type of requirement. Minor but I hate some guy in the corner saying “we have to do it this way because.....blah blah blah”. Obviously my pet peeve lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Breath deep and stay calm.....I don't think you need to get so worked up about it.

Correct, not worked up at all.  Should I use a smiley face?   Just calling out the lack of factual evidence for a statement that is complete nonsense.  Remember, citation needed.  lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 02MustangGT said:

Correct, not worked up at all.  Should I use a smiley face?   Just calling out the lack of factual evidence for a statement that is complete nonsense.  Remember, citation needed.  lol

It was a figure of speech.  Lighten up Francis.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Lighten up?  I’m not heavy (figure of speech).   When someone says “They’ll literally go broke...”.   That does not equal “figure of speech”.   Now back to that new F-150.... 

Sorry for the kerfuffle. I've spent more than a decade cultivating these sources, and sometimes I forget that y'all don't know them too.

1 hour ago, Trader 10 said:

Nice to see that Sync 4 is standard. Did I hear correctly that hands free driving and left turn assist is also standard?

Even on the base XL bottom feeder edition? Wow. I just got home and need to study up on it.

Edited by Bryan1

Great presentation-just wished they had done a bit more on power train choices-well engine  choices as there is no trans choice- and also perhaps  just shown a few real work trucks- not ones where the company owner is in his Lariat but with perhaps a grunt driving a regular cab with maybe a ladder rack-or a 4 x 4 with a 100 gallon fuel cell on the back pulling up next to a back hoe.  Yes,  ......I know all about ATP?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bob Rosadini said:

Great presentation-just wished they had done a bit more on power train choices-well engine  choices as there is no trans choice- and also perhaps  just shown a few real work trucks- not ones where the company owner is in his Lariat but with perhaps a grunt driving a regular cab with maybe a ladder rack-or a 4 x 4 with a 100 gallon fuel cell on the back pulling up next to a back hoe.  Yes,  ......I know all about ATP?

Gotta pay the bills! ?

3 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Can't find TFL's 2021 F150 articles... oh wait lol.

TFL is back!

"For Roman and Tommy’s hot take on the 2021 Ford F-150, check out the video below and be sure to leave your comments for us."

Also an article: https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/06/2021-ford-f-150-revealed-everything-you-need-to-know-news/

But I noticed a couple errors in the written article, maybe because they didn't get the press materials early?

PS He says Ford still doesn't like them.

PPS Roman sounds a little grumpy.

Edited by Bryan1
  • Like 1