F150 reveal set for 6/25

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

So I am reading this correctly, is the Powerboost (hybrid) going to be the top dog power wise? The more I read it's starting to sound like it but that's unofficial as Ford doesn't release power numbers until after Job 1. :)

That is how I read it also.  I think it replaces the high output 3.5l ecoboost in the limited.  The electric motor is only 35kw.  It would not surprise me if the gas engine started off with the 450hp version.  The 1.5kwh battery seems small, especially considering the 7.2kw generator output.  

Anyone know if the hvac is an electric heat pump to provide some comfort while sleeping in the max recliner seats?  Engine cycling on and off could disrupt the snooze.

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

nd that fold down shifter is trick.

All-new_F-150_013.jpg

Not really, talk about a manufactured problem. You wouldn't need this silly feature if the shifter was in its proper place on the column. 

I'm glad we have it, but the old way is just much more elegant in its simplicity. 

I’m A little late to comment on the new truck, but I find it a bit underwhelming. Probably because the spy pics have pretty much revealed the exterior appearance.  I don’t dislike the new front clip, but I think it will take some getting used to.  I’m not sold on those side vents, that is also something to get used to. Definitely an evolutionary model.

It sounds like they spent a lot of money on the new tech, which subsequently didn’t leave a lot for the back 3/4 of the vehicle. I really like the sound of the hands-free driving and the hybrid system.

The interior looks pretty good, and I hope the materials are commensurate with the look. I still prefer the vertical screen to the horizontal screen but at least it’s a large screen. 

I do like they kicked out the wheels by 3/4 of an inch, It doesn’t sound like a lot but I think it is noticeable and should help with body roll. I’m Actually glad they didn’t join the tailgate war and get carried away. I still like the tailgate step as it’s designed.

I was disappointed to see they didn’t offer at least an optional coil link rear set up, and it doesn’t appear there’s a package similar to the Chevrolet trail boss, which I have seen a ton on the road.

I think it will take some getting used to for me, kind of like the 2009 model when it came out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bryan1 said:

TFL is back!

"For Roman and Tommy’s hot take on the 2021 Ford F-150, check out the video below and be sure to leave your comments for us."

Also an article: https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/06/2021-ford-f-150-revealed-everything-you-need-to-know-news/

But I noticed a couple errors in the written article, maybe because they didn't get the press materials early?

PS He says Ford still doesn't like them.

PPS Roman sounds a little grumpy.

From the latest comments:

Roman was coming in hot on some of his takes.

lmao roman has been cracking me up lately, maybe time to retire ??? it’s comedy at this point, i look forward to it

Pay for leaks and get caught, now Roman acts like a toddler. So much for being objective you clowns.

lol Roman is just saying negative, negative, negative. While the son is just positive, positive, positive. Which this truck is. What else can you find negative about the truck Roman? The side mirrors looking like 2018 Explorer mirrors?

Son says something neat, dad bashes Ford?funny the first 7 times but a half hour lol we get it....you like, need a hug man?

Roman is still butthurt. He has to move on.

Edited by Bryan1

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

Something looks off in the front 3/4 view in the way the fender meets the cab.  I can't put my finger on it.  Almost like the front clip is 10% too big for the cab?  Maybe it's just the new shapes throwing my eyes off.  It's almost like the front of the truck doesn't match the rest?

Not trying to put a downer on this because it is a great looking truck in most aspects.  Just a bit different than what I expected.  I'll use the infamous BON phrase during reveals "I need to see it in person". ?

All-new_F-150_25.jpg

Another thing to consider is in this photo you're seeing it from an angle you MIGHT see 0.0000001% of the time if it were above you.

2 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

Nice to see that Sync 4 is standard. Did I hear correctly that hands free driving and left turn assist is also standard?

I don't think those two features are standard - probably on certain trims, but I doubt the lower end ones get it.

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

So I am reading this correctly, is the Powerboost (hybrid) going to be the top dog power wise? The more I read it's starting to sound like it but that's unofficial as Ford doesn't release power numbers until after Job 1. :)

Sounds like it, at least until Raptor comes along.

23 minutes ago, tbone said:

I’m A little late to comment on the new truck, but I find it a bit underwhelming. Probably because the spy pics have pretty much revealed the exterior appearance.  I don’t dislike the new front clip, but I think it will take some getting used to.  I’m not sold on those side vents, that is also something to get used to. Definitely an evolutionary model.

It sounds like they spent a lot of money on the new tech, which subsequently didn’t leave a lot for the back 3/4 of the vehicle. I really like the sound of the hands-free driving and the hybrid system.

The interior looks pretty good, and I hope the materials are commensurate with the look. I still prefer the vertical screen to the horizontal screen but at least it’s a large screen. 

I do like they kicked out the wheels by 3/4 of an inch, It doesn’t sound like a lot but I think it is noticeable and should help with body roll. I’m Actually glad they didn’t join the tailgate war and get carried away. I still like the tailgate step as it’s designed.

I was disappointed to see they didn’t offer at least an optional coil link rear set up, and it doesn’t appear there’s a package similar to the Chevrolet trail boss, which I have seen a ton on the road.

I think it will take some getting used to for me, kind of like the 2009 model when it came out

I mean, there are only so many ways you can change a pickup bed without going full bizarre like the cybertruck.

---

Overall I think it looks great - I wasn't sure from spy shots, but once you see it all together with painted panels, it all seems to work.  I'm not in love with the fender vent thing, but meh.

The interior looks great, and materials definitely look improved - some neat features as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

It's evolutionary for the faithful-nothing ground breaking for conquest sales........

Yes sir CKNSLS. 2021 F-150 is a refinement of a successful formula, clearly catering to existing Ford truck owners.

BEV F-150 will be a bigger deal. Too bad Ford didn't introduce it during Thursday's event, and even worse that it won't be available for retail sale until 2022. 

"F-150 introduces an all-new 12-inch center screen – standard on XLT high series and above – that allows customers to split the screen and control multiple functions simultaneously, including navigation, music or truck features. The landscape design strikes a balance between demands for technology accessibility and the greater convenience of physical buttons. An 8-inch touch screen, standard on XL and XLT standard and mid-series trucks, means every customer gets touch screen functionality and better rearview camera vision. Both screens feature access to the new digital owner’s manual, which can help all customers find the information they need more easily, including how-to videos for additional explanation."

"All-new SYNC 4 is standard..."

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/06/25/built-for-getting-things-done-ford-f150.html

Even the bottom feeder stripper editions sold to fleets and cheapskates gets you an 8" Screen with Sync 4. Woo!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bryan1 said:

""

"All-new SYNC 4 is standard..."

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/06/25/built-for-getting-things-done-ford-f150.html

Even the bottom feeder stripper editions sold to fleets and cheapskates gets you an 8" Screen with Sync 4. Woo!!!

This is a good move, and probably about time. The current XLT comes with sync 3 standard. 

I really like the updated front clip, it reminds me of the F-250 which I prefered lately over the F-150.  Not a huge fan of these new driver assist technologies. It's annoying enough getting yelled at for not wearing a seatbelt, so I really don't want this thing barking at you for turning your head backwards or trying to slam the breaks while you're trying to cross traffic.  If they can work out all the kinks, it might not be terrible, but personally I hope they are strictly optional so I can decline them on the Bronco.

Edited by probowler

6 hours ago, Bryan1 said:

2021 XLT Sport vs 2020 XLT Sport.

Sure as hec the two do not look anything alike.

2021-Ford-F-150-44.jpg?fit=around%7C875:maxresdefault.jpg

Guess it’s all perspective since they look so much alike and I would never say they don’t look anything alike. Not saying it’s A bad thing but like others have said exterior changes are minimal.  

5 hours ago, Bryan1 said:

Notice the KBB guy with the F-150 prototype present. This could have been Roman.

Ok enough with the Roman comments!

I heard him last night and he was definitely grumpy or drunk but I still love these guys and want both parties to work things out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Anthony said:

Base interior / smaller screen...not bad.

All-new_F-150_46.jpg

It is great that they still offer one with a middle seat.

I did not see any pictures with the tailgate steps. Maybe they just didn't show it because it isn't new.

My favorite grille is the one on the Lariet.

OK, I've had a night to dwell on it.  I REALLY LIKE it. There are a couple of minor stylistic things I wish they had not kept (like the cutouts in the body over the wheel arches, something I disliked on the last-gen) but overall this thing looks fresh, new, and modern.  I think its a homerun.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

Not sure why some think there should have been drastic changes.  

ICE powered F-150 including hybrid don't need drastic changes. "Tried and true" works best for these trucks, especially since the target customer is someone who has an older F-150.

Maybe Ford has more dramatic design changes planned for the BEV F-150 coming out in a couple years to compete against Tesla Cybertruck, Rivian R1T, Lordstown Endurance, Nikola Badger, Hummer EV SUT, etc.

So, this is the Mid-Cycle update to the 14th generation F150 proving that the switch to an aluminum body was not the detriment that Ford's competitors loudly proclaimed it would be. My guess for the 15th generation of F150 would put greater focus on the frame of the truck, the materials used to construct the frame and the design properties of the frame.

1 hour ago, Trailhiker said:

It is great that they still offer one with a middle seat.

I did not see any pictures with the tailgate steps. Maybe they just didn't show it because it isn't new.

My favorite grille is the one on the Lariet.

There is a pic of a blue STX Supercab with the tailgate step.

• Like 1