F150 reveal set for 6/25

A PHEV version would have been desirable, and the 35kW motor is half of what the Aviator has.  I am sure some of that is limited to compromises on the size of the battery vs payload capacity.  I guess I could see the Raptor getting the Aviator's electric motor, unless they decide to go a different route with that completely.  Really wish they would have had the engine lineup spec'd.

3 hours ago, kyle said:

Guess it’s all perspective since they look so much alike and I would never say they don’t look anything alike. Not saying it’s A bad thing but like others have said exterior changes are minimal.  

Well, could have pulled a Silverado and went in your face, have to shovel cash onto the hood to move them, then do an emergency re-design.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kyle said:

Guess it’s all perspective since they look so much alike and I would never say they don’t look anything alike. Not saying it’s A bad thing but like others have said exterior changes are minimal.  

They're more substantial than I thought they'd be - I figured it'd use the same door skins, but they went beyond that.

28 minutes ago, twintornados said:

So, this is the Mid-Cycle update to the 14th generation F150 proving that the switch to an aluminum body was not the detriment that Ford's competitors loudly proclaimed it would be. My guess for the 15th generation of F150 would put greater focus on the frame of the truck, the materials used to construct the frame and the design properties of the frame.

The MCE for the 14th gen was in 2018, this is new.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, akirby said:

I really like it too.  Not sure why some think there should have been drastic changes.  

I don’t dislike it, but I feel like the rear 3/4 of the vehicle basically looks the same to me. Now they did say they did change the body panels so perhaps it’s the videos/photos not effectively reflecting those changes.  As previously pointed out, it’s difficult to make the box look substantially different, without it possibly becoming cartoonish.  So it looks like I will need to see it in person to pass any kind of final judgment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They're more substantial than I thought they'd be - I figured it'd use the same door skins, but they went beyond that.

The MCE for the 14th gen was in 2018, this is new.

I stand corrected on generations but, according to Wikipedia...the 2015-2020 is considered the "13th generation" so this is the 14th generation.....

8 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I stand corrected on generations but, according to Wikipedia...the 2015-2020 is considered the "13th generation" so this is the 14th generation.....

I just went on whatever you typed for the generation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kyle said:

Look at the two XLT fronts I posted. It is completely different.

Screenshot_20200626-113903.png

Edited by Bryan1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bryan1 said:

Look at the two XLT fronts I posted. It is completely different.

Yes they are completely different, but still look damn near the same. I saw some other pics and like what they've done-probably the right move, being very careful not to alienate their core buyers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

So, this is the Mid-Cycle update to the 14th generation F150 proving that the switch to an aluminum body was not the detriment that Ford's competitors loudly proclaimed it would be. My guess for the 15th generation of F150 would put greater focus on the frame of the truck, the materials used to construct the frame and the design properties of the frame.

No, the 2018 was the MCE for 14th gen (2015-2020).  This is 15th gen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kyle said:

Yes they are completely different, but still look damn near the same. I saw some other pics and like what they've done-probably the right move, being very careful not to alienate their core buyers. 

She looked just like Shania Twain, except for her face and her body was also different.  - Larry the cable guy.

The grille headlights and bumper are completely different.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bryan1 said:

Look near the same in that they are both F150s and pickup trucks. From the front at least they are totally different

The front is where they are most different, switch the pics to a profile view and they look very similar. At the link below there are pics with sliders so you can compare the two. On the profile pics, the vent and the character lines on the wheel wells seem to be the biggest changes. On the 3/4 view the hood looks almost identical. Besides the front, the changes are so small that if you were driving past one and didn’t see the front, you’d hardly be able to tell the difference. 

https://www.motor1.com/features/430826/2021-ford-f150-old-new-compare/

16 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

It's evolutionary for the faithful-nothing ground breaking for conquest sales........

Really? 

What competitor offers an integrated "generator"?  That would go over very well for the camper crowd as they could leave their 2k Hondas at home.  I'd love to be able to plug our camper in at a rest stop or while on the road.

That tailgate with the integrated tie down points addresses a needs of many.  I wish our 2011 had them for our kayaks.

The interior looks class leading.

Ford's powertrain has already been the top of the class and this will solidify that it for those that want performance.

The towing capacity will be class leading.  See #1.

Edited by itguy09

1 hour ago, MY93SHO said:

Well, could have pulled a Silverado and went in your face, have to shovel cash onto the hood to move them, then do an emergency re-design.

the body of the Silverado is actually pretty nice. It’s problems are the interior and the front end. I think the trail boss looks pretty good as is.
GJI_0ST_1SZ_2LT_2ST_3ST_4AA_4ST_5FC_5ST_

33 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I am one of the few that actually likes the new Chevys and GMC trucks styling. My neighbor has a loaded GMC and I think it is great looking.

It's grown on me a little bit, and I already liked the GMC version. It definitely depends on the color though. Still think the HD one looks awful. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, probowler said:

Not really, talk about a manufactured problem. You wouldn't need this silly feature if the shifter was in its proper place on the column. 

I'm glad we have it, but the old way is just much more elegant in its simplicity. 

If you look through the pictures on Ford's site the XL, STX, and XLT still come with a column shifter. I'm not sure if it is available in any of the higher trims, but if you really want a column shifter you can still get it.

Edited by 2005Explorer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kyle said:

As far as the styling being similar to the last generation I think it's very smart. They just took something that looked good and make it look even better. When you have a successful product your better off making improvements then just change for changes sake. The best example I can think of this is the 1992 Ford Taurus was a home run hit. They took the '86-91 design and really improved it and made it look great. Then came the '96 with all the crazy ovals and change for change sake... It ended up basically ruining the Taurus. They tried the 1992 method in 2000 and it definitely helped, but by then the damage was done. Ford is taking the smart route on the 2021 F150.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

the body of the Silverado is actually pretty nice. It’s problems are the interior and the front end. I think the trail boss looks pretty good as is.
GJI_0ST_1SZ_2LT_2ST_3ST_4AA_4ST_5FC_5ST_

Yes the front clip of the Silverado is quite unusual and some say ugly, but when body color is applied versus chrome it tends to blend in better and it doesn’t look too bad   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I am one of the few that actually likes the new Chevys and GMC trucks styling. My neighbor has a loaded GMC and I think it is great looking.

The GMC is not offensive. It’s fairly conservatively styled.  

• Like 1