Nautilus monochromatic package

I know it's a current fad, but I don't see how fading everything to flat black looks great for some.  Its like erasing all the details, that makes a vehicle stand out.  Or sometimes I view it as "Well its a lazy owner's way of not having to clean the rims"...

22 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

I know it's a current fad, but I don't see how fading everything to flat black looks great for some.  Its like erasing all the details, that makes a vehicle stand out.  Or sometimes I view it as "Well its a lazy owner's way of not having to clean the rims"...

I personally see it the other way around. I think it actually makes the overall shape and design of the car stand out more. There’s no flashy chrome distracting you. If the design of a vehicle is bad to begin with, it will more than likely look worse without all the chrome, but if it’s a good design, it doesn’t need the chrome to look good. I also don’t think it’s a fad anymore. Ford has been offering monochromatic packages on vehicles for years. The lightning was basically a monochromatic package (minus the black wheels) back in the early 90’s, and basically every “sport” package ford has offered since then is the same.

and  have black wheels  have been around for a long time???1926-Ford-Model-T-13-940x627.jpg?1546480 

3 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

It’s not really a “current” fad.  Folks have been using blackout treatment on vehicles for years, including grills, wheels, etc.  I’m partial to the Lincoln monochromatic package as it removes some of the chrome (hence our Navigator has the package).  Plus I installed black wheels on my 2002 Mustang back in 2005 because I happen to like the look.  Oh and I am meticulous when it comes to washing and protecting my vehicles. To each their own.  

4 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

My new Escape has no chrome......just white and pops of black....

20200503_113208.jpg

All trims except the S and SE Sport Hybrid have a chrome grill surround and chrome around the top of the windows. I like the look of the non-chromed one the best, like the one here.  Bummer SE Sport Hybrid can't be had with fog lights.

10 hours ago, T-dubz said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/426127/2020-lincoln-nautilus-monochromatic-package/2020-lincoln-nautilus-monochromatic-pack

only offered in black. It looks pretty good but I would have liked to see the rest of the chrome blacked out, or at least made a black chrome. Hopefully the corsair and aviator get a package like this soon.

I’m with you on that, but I do think this still looks good.  Ford has a tendency not to fully commit to their monochromatic packages like some other manufacturers have.  I suspect they don’t want to get all their parts blacked out and they rarely black out the blue oval. I believe the 2020 Super Duty monochromatic package is the first that actually has a black oval, however there are still chrome accents in it.  Nevertheless, I am still very happy they offer these packages, as I am not a chrome fan generally speaking.  

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 4:14 PM, tbone said:

I’m with you on that, but I do think this still looks good.  Ford has a tendency not to fully commit to their monochromatic packages like some other manufacturers have.  I suspect they don’t want to get all their parts blacked out and they rarely black out the blue oval. I believe the 2020 Super Duty monochromatic package is the first that actually has a black oval, however there are still chrome accents in it.  Nevertheless, I am still very happy they offer these packages, as I am not a chrome fan generally speaking.  

This gives me new appreciation for the Nautilus.All it needs now is the 3.0.

Edited by MKX1960

On 5/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, FordBuyer said:

My new Escape has no chrome......just white and pops of black....

20200503_113208.jpg

That's a handsome Escape!   I am a fan of real colors, but if I had to live in the world of "The Giver",  I would choose that pure white with bright alloy (not black) wheels.

Edited by Kev-Mo

1 minute ago, Kev-Mo said:

That's a handsome Escape!   I am a fan of real colors, but if I had to live in the world of "The Giver",  I would choose that pure white with alloy (not black) wheels.

Thanks Kev. Yeah, I think it looks better with the alloys and the panoramic sunroof that comes with the premium package with this trim level. Makes it look like it has two tone black roof that really pops with the metallic white paint. 

20200503_113208.jpg