Elon and SpaceX are now the first commercial business to send man to space!

probowler

Truly impressive! SpaceX's achievement today shows American ingenuity and entrepreneurship is alive and well.

Here are some other milestones SpaceX achieved.

• First American spacecraft to autonomously dock with ISS (Crew Dragon, March 2020)
  • First re-flight of an orbital class rocket (Falcon 9, March 2017)
  • First orbital class rocket landing on land (Falcon 9, December 2015)
  • First private spacecraft to visit ISS (Dragon, April 2012)
  • First privately developed liquid fuel rocket to reach Earth orbit (Falcon 1, September 2008)
  • Like 1

I watched it and I thought it was Exciting and a great achievement.  I was nervous for Bob and Doug as I recall watching the Challenger disaster unfold when I was a kid.  Back in the day we watched the shuttle launches during class at school because they were considered to be a big deal.  This is a great example of a successful public/private partnership for a highly complex operation and I’m looking forward to their return to the moon and beyond.  My hats off to all those involved, and a great win for America.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Tesla.  But I am a fan of SpaceX.  They've been doing some great things.  I'm glad today's launch went well.  I think this cooperation with NASA will end up being greatly beneficial to both NASA and SpaceX.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, 92merc said:

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Tesla.  But I am a fan of SpaceX.  They've been doing some great things.  I'm glad today's launch went well.  I think this cooperation with NASA will end up being greatly beneficial to both NASA and SpaceX.

Couldn't have said it better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 92merc said:

I think this cooperation with NASA will end up being greatly beneficial to both NASA and SpaceX.

Yes sir 92merc, one of the big benefits SpaceX provides NASA is a more competitive marketplace and lower costs for launch vehicles & services. 

• Like 2