DONT drop the soap,Gary!

Fatso

Former UAW President Gary Jones has plead guilty to the following,Embezzling UAW dues:Racketeering:Tax Evasion.Mr.Jones faces up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.Under the terms of his plea deal {start singing,Gary} he will probably be sentenced to between 46-57 months.Mr.Jones has agreed to pay a fine of $150,000.He is the 14th person convicted as a result of the ongoing police investigation of corruption in the UAW.

• Like 2

lap "dancing" is probably not the full story of what was goin on with our dues money.Does anybody know if our dues were used to pay for this Con-Man`s legal defense?That is worse than paying for a lap "dance" because that is adding injury to insult.I thought the UAW was suppose to be all nice and clean now?Let all the proven guilty, go it alone.If dues were used in their defense demand it gets paid back.I wonder how deep this investigation is gonna go?Maybe down a level as well as up?Just relax Gary,,,,,maybe wont hurt as much,,,you might even 'dig it'.Oh and by the way,you goin in prison,everybody  knowing you is a  RAT!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

I read online that Gary Jones is 'singing like a canary' and is implicating his predecessor,Dennis Williams.I hope they clean house all the way down to the Local`s.It is obvious now that the workers have been sold out by the UAW.With lucrative,deals in place between the company and the head of the UAW,a goal of the UAW would be to keep the deals rolling,NOT, stick up for the rank and file.In plain words,from that point on, the Company OWNS the UAW.Deals destroy solidarity."They can do that",,,"be lucky you got a job",,,,"If they don't like you, I cant help you",,,,''we don't stand in the way of anybodys deal",,, are all phrases I have heard from my union representatives at 2 separate locals. Maybe after all the criminals are convicted the Government will institute some type of oversight.Then maybe ethical and principled individuals will be able to get elected and represent the dues paying Rank and File in a more fair way.Let me say that I understand not all and every elected UAW official is rotten and there are some good union people who get elected.My current local is responsive and helpful.We need to get the UAW back on track.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

Wait a friggin minute :thud: not Denny he`s every ones hero :love_shower:   he only has the memberships best interest in his heart :wub:

Oh maybe a little interest in the dues money, Fiat, Deer, Ford and Caterpillar money in his back pocket   :spiteful:

• Like 1

Let me tale ya all sumptin.I am gonna {and I know I aint the only one} wake my stinkin ass up at 4 O`clock in the morning on Monday.My friend aint nothun and I do mean nuthin that feels good at 4 O`clock in the morning.I am gonna drag my sorry ass into the factory,on LOCK DOWN,and do me a 10 hour shift.I use to and I know of people doin 7 on /7 off, 12`s.So here we is doin all this while the head of our union has sold us out!You the only one who has responded to this topic.Okay,all is good.I am glad most people are happy with their current situation.Trouble I have, is that I can see past, all the bullshit and I don't like it.It aint all hopeless.Things can get better but its a struggle.We deserve better for all we bring to Ford Motor Company AND the IUAW.They will never admit it but they need us!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

I do the 03:45 thing because I need a quad espresso to deal with the level of intelligence that is calling the shoots at CAP. Alternate work schedule, I can hear it to this day, it`s good for us because there's more time with your families. Never said that the true reason for alternate work schedule was toooo run the line to its fullest volume. Never did they think of umm time for oh that silly PM or for any of the trades to maintaine the equipment... now its fighten fires that never go out... 

Yeah IUAW alternate work schedule is for us.

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Decker said:

I do the 03:45 thing because I need a quad espresso to deal with the level of intelligence that is calling the shoots at CAP. Alternate work schedule, I can hear it to this day, it`s good for us because there's more time with your families. Never said that the true reason for alternate work schedule was toooo run the line to its fullest volume. Never did they think of umm time for oh that silly PM or for any of the trades to maintaine the equipment... now its fighten fires that never go out... 

Yeah IUAW alternate work schedule is for us.

Time to maintain the equipment? We have bailing wire, chewing gum and duct tape. (No WD-40 in Paint). What more could we want?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All I am asking for is EQUAL ENFORCEMENT OF THE CONTRACT,in other words fairness.I have seen rules arbitrarily and capriciously enforced.Supervision can harass and intimidate,write hourly employees up for anything,mess with our payroll and  with no repercussions.I have been asked my advice by someone who had a chance to join a union,"is it a good thing?".It all depends on how the non-union company is treating the workers , BUT know this.Once you vote in a union,you create an entirely different class of employee.You will have salaried,hourly and union officials.The union officials will be popular and form cliques that help them get re-elected.The union officials may have "deals" going with the company that keeps them from representing your best interest.I have seen in the 80`s,about 3 union officials at once,confront psycho-salary individuals and "act out" in a directly reflective manner to the "bad ass" supervisor.I have seen a union president tell a supervisor that if he continues to commit transgression that he will "put him on the street".I have seen,3 times,trades stick together and lets just say,,,,give the job a little extra,,,,hand on wrench time.The union is us sticking together.The union is not us acting, independently ,showing off,in order to become the bosses favorite.Thank you F.B.I. for helping us workers get a fair shake.

Edited by Fatso

I agree Fatso.

Some where on the united path our union lost their direction. (not all unions or union representatives) Like you I`ve witnessed the strength from a key element that was put in place by those that had more concern with the main reason the union was built, needed and put in place. To intervene on the behalf of the membership was and should be the first thing a representative puts on every morning. This intervention is exercised in LRO daily and at the table during contract talks in the past but, there has been a twist on the application of the key obligation our union has to it`s life line of existence, the dues paying members when it comes to intervening in a manner of good faith.

When intervention is met with resistance the representative moves to different methods to protect the member or members in the conflict. In the past these methods were based on proven floor level resistance. Banding together the members to put in place situations to back the intervention. Which had results that made for the company to comply or at least change a decision. But, today we witness the methods that have put in place the complete undermining of the key element, "intervention". This has happened so often it has become the norm, "If I let your friend come back to work, I`ll need this to happen".  Intervention has become a completely different tool then it was intended.  

Intervention is a tool that has taken a back seat or has transformed into some completely different form of a tool to help the membership. Intervention in our everyday lives is also completely changed from the stepping up to help, redirect or stop something from occurring when another needs assistance with or for. The time of seeing someone pinned under a hay rake that was trying to adjust the depth of the cut,  out in the field and stopping what your doing to help is unfortunately a thing of the past. Intervention has become a thing of the past.