Aviator Black Label GT Feedback so far

When my original order back in July of 2019 never showed up and the dealer and I both agreed to cancel I received a call back in January from the dealer offering me to order again and they would provide Xplan on a Black Label GT (I originally ordered non GT).   I decided to give Lincoln another shot.  I received my Car in April and have a little over 550 miles on it.   Yep Mustangchief I gave them another shot.  No emotion but honest feedback here on it so far (granted limited miles due to covid lockdown limiting need to drive as much).   Background I have owned mainly german from Benz, BMW and Audi will Benz being the most and audi the 2nd.     

Bad stuff.  

1.  Fit and finish is not up to par vs my German experiences.   I have a ceiling speaker that is not popped in all the way.  literally sticking out that I can put my pointer finger in the gap.  My 11 year old daughter sitting behind rear passenger seat noticed the panel below the front passenger seat belt adjustment is completely loose.  She saw sunlight through it which is the only reason we caught it.   

2.  mechanical: 

• Day time running lights have not worked yet.  (yes setting is on and yes the switch is in auto etc).  Flat out don't work. 
  • Trunk kick doesn't work.  tried every single angle and have adjusted my foot position for the hitch.
  • turned off reverse sensor that brakes for you.  enough of the whiplash backing out.  
  • randomly my entire left drivers side door controls for windows, locks, etc decided to not work just as I was entering hosptial parking lot to get ticket from machine. Had to get out of car.  Subsequently came back to life after shutting off car getting out and locking and coming back.  
  • lane assist- at required speed and green bars on heads up display the car will run right of the road on left side (yes I switched to right hand vs left) unless I steer back.  As some have suggested in other topics take to dealer and have camera recalibrated.  
  • stupid that lighter plug stays on because I have to manually turn off my radar detector every time.  PITA.  
  • rattle in right rear passenger seat when no passenger in it.  One of those rattles that takes the right road (less than newer paved roads) condition or the right bump and you get it.  So I can see I will have to show the dealer because some trips on nice paved roads you don't get it. 
  • Don't see a hang up button for phone if you are using carplay and you are on call.   No hang up button on dash, I have to hit phone or hit mainscreen hang up.  Maybe I missing something.  
  • Minor wish as well, but wish door mirrors had blinking indicator when you use turn signal as a confirmation.  Totally minor and anal thing admittedly.  
  • I used the cruise control once and vehicles came to stop and my car was driving along and didn't begin to stop and flashed the red blinking alarm warning and sound and I had to brake the car.  I will say my advanced cruise control on my audi was flawless and I drove 90 miles round trip back and forth to NYC from NJ everdyay on I-78 doing 85 down to stop and go and it never ever failed to stop the car.  will keep an eye on this.  If I had relied on vehicle only major accident would have happened and this was not a short stop situation.  

Good Stuff:

1.  Great gas mileage so far and even with using preserve mode a bunch.  

2.  Rides nice (close to my sq5 and s6 air suspension  so no complaints with ride and I haven't been disappointed in transition from gas to electric when I have used normal.   

3. Climate controls system - so far awesome.  Love the auto function has 3 fan settings.  So many cars auto systems blow ass and you end up wanting to turn fan up.  Coldest AC system I ever had was in my 325 wagon.  You could hang meet in the car if necessary.   

4.  Room for kids is excellent in 2nd row.  

5.  Soft close doors- huge and love it.

6.  Entry height is nice.  I wish automatically when you shut engine off and open door that it would lower as well or anytime you open drivers door or front passenger door with car in park.  likely have to get running board as wife is 4'11" and slideing down is gonna ruin the seat.  

7.  nighttime lights seem to be as good as my sq5.  The sq5's lights were the best nighttime automatic lights for brightness and function I have ever had in a car.  these are pretty damn good too. 

8.  Audio system is miles better than my B&O system that I had in my Audi or better than any other factory system I've had in any Benz, Bmw or Audi and I always upgraded my audio systems.  The SQ5 and the S6 the most recent blew arse totally.   

9.  HUD that works will polarized sunglasses is money period.  Info on screen is what you want.  

10.  never thought I would say this because on every other car I would turn it off or hack it to turn off- but the auto start-off is no bother to me.  Don't even think about it anymore.

11.  Love the auto hold braking function.  

12.  No issues with my radar detector (valentine 1) so far.  I don't detect any range limitation.  Haven't put on EZ pass yet.  

Ok thats it for now.  So my overall feeling is good for now with concern about quality of build as I never had these type of issues with my prior car and I ordered them all, none were lot cars. For the cost of this vehicle and who Lincoln is trying to compete with fit and finish should be outstanding.  I read and don't know if its valid but many people seem to say the Chicago plant quality is not the best int he ford plant system.   So time will tell and I bought the 125k extended warranty and dealer matched the online pricing that folks pointed to in the other threads.  I have a sneaking suspicion the warranty will be used.   I added xpel ultimate wrap, xpel fusion plus ceramic and xpel prime xr plus 70 tint for driver and passenger and sunroof so I'm all in on this vehicle for the next 10 years so investment is substantial.  You cant really detect the tint but the heat reduction from sun was immediate.  I will actually do the windshield once I get my 5 year new car inspection sticker from NJ DMV when they open.  Bought the car in PA.     Not bashing the car, I like it and hope to God the mechanical reliability is there and no old school American begin to get loose and rattle a few years in.   If they stay tight like my German cars did then this is a winner.  I tell my son all the time (borrowed form a movie favorite of mine), you won't be perfect nobody is, but you can put in a perfect effort.  I hope the men and women on the line building these vehicle did just that.   Time will tell.   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mustangchief said:

I guess I should feel very fortunate to get a good one.  Sorry to hear about your issues.  How many miles were on it when you picked it up?  I had about 52, I'll give them the benefit of using those to get everything right.   

I think it was 17 miles.   To be clear I don't think I have a bad one, just bugs I think in first year model.  Nothing catastrophic (knock on wood) so if they can fix them with a visit to the dealer I will be ok.  Lincoln just needs to up their game a bit to avoid this stuff, because the buyer at this level of spend I believe is expecting this stuff not to happen.  Perhaps too high of expectations ,but at the price point I don't think its unfair to expect fit and finish stuff to be spot on.   I will say besides some of fit and finish mistakes the materials for the interior are on par with Audi and Benz now in my opinion.  Just got back from a drive with some old school AC/DC Bon Scott playing and the sound system is sweet!  Have to say the blue diamond you and a couple others have is sweet.  I went the pristine white with the flight theme but I really wanted the Navigators blue yacht club theme.  Had black for so many years I just wanted a big change.   

On 6/7/2020 at 8:42 AM, Wolfepack88 said:

2.  mechanical: 

• Day time running lights have not worked yet.  (yes setting is on and yes the switch is in auto etc).  Flat out don't work. 
  • Trunk kick doesn't work.  tried every single angle and have adjusted my foot position for the hitch.
  • turned off reverse sensor that brakes for you.  enough of the whiplash backing out.  
  • randomly my entire left drivers side door controls for windows, locks, etc decided to not work just as I was entering hosptial parking lot to get ticket from machine. Had to get out of car.  Subsequently came back to life after shutting off car getting out and locking and coming back.  
  • lane assist- at required speed and green bars on heads up display the car will run right of the road on left side (yes I switched to right hand vs left) unless I steer back.  As some have suggested in other topics take to dealer and have camera recalibrated.  
  • stupid that lighter plug stays on because I have to manually turn off my radar detector every time.  PITA.  
  • rattle in right rear passenger seat when no passenger in it.  One of those rattles that takes the right road (less than newer paved roads) condition or the right bump and you get it.  So I can see I will have to show the dealer because some trips on nice paved roads you don't get it. 
  • Don't see a hang up button for phone if you are using carplay and you are on call.   No hang up button on dash, I have to hit phone or hit mainscreen hang up.  Maybe I missing something.  
  • Minor wish as well, but wish door mirrors had blinking indicator when you use turn signal as a confirmation.  Totally minor and anal thing admittedly.  
  • I used the cruise control once and vehicles came to stop and my car was driving along and didn't begin to stop and flashed the red blinking alarm warning and sound and I had to brake the car.  I will say my advanced cruise control on my audi was flawless and I drove 90 miles round trip back and forth to NYC from NJ everdyay on I-78 doing 85 down to stop and go and it never ever failed to stop the car.  will keep an eye on this.  If I had relied on vehicle only major accident would have happened and this was not a short stop situation.  

I'm looking forward to hearing how that dealer visit goes especially regarding the lane assist and adaptive cruise control. And I agree; for $80k, these sort of issues and quality issues are not really excusable given the industry. I expect better from a brand that is trying to revive with a younger audience.

Those rattles and that speaker quality issue should definitely be fixed by the dealer. I honestly would not be very happy at all if this was my first Lincoln experience regardless of if this was a first year model or not.

Edited by Zhenocnra

On 6/7/2020 at 7:42 AM, Wolfepack88 said:

Not bashing the car, I like it and hope to God the mechanical reliability is there and no old school American begin to get loose and rattle a few years in.   If they stay tight like my German cars did then this is a winner.  I tell my son all the time (borrowed form a movie favorite of mine), you won't be perfect nobody is, but you can put in a perfect effort.  I hope the men and women on the line building these vehicle did just that.   Time will tell.   

Gotta say you can fall in love with the Aviator for all the World Class ups, but with the Quality issue associated with the pricing it has some world class downs. If they can fix it all within a model year or two ; the Germans are gonna be holding their beer tight.

I will let you all know how the dealer visit goes.  I have an appointment for Friday and I'm putting on the running boards as well.   My bad on the daytime running lights, my inexperience with American cars.   The daytime running lights only come on once you put the car in drive, unlike the german cars which if you turn them on they are on regardless of whether in park or not.  I did not know that.  Seems strange to me, but I guess from one point of view that is logical.   

After wrap, xpel 70 tint and a ceramic coat.   Never had a white car before but I like it so far.  NJ tint can be an issue so this stuff cuts all the heat without drawing unwanted attention.   NJ is tough, if your license plate has a dealer frame that covers a 1/1000th of an inch of the plate its probable cause to pull you over let alone tint so no reason to draw the federales.  Side note go into any police parking lot and look at their personal cars and you could ticket every one of them for having their license plate covered.   I've paid a ticket for that and the female officer told me that is why she was pulling me over.  I was peeved about that.  I digress.    

IMG_2331.jpeg

Edited by Wolfepack88
  • Like 1

I have been reading a lot in other posts about the passenger seats rattling, I am so happy mine is not doing that, you have no clue.  I would be pissed off if I had to listen to that, just remember folks that the dealer is not the end-all of these issues.  Call Ford customer service on them if they are not fixing the problem,  those dealers are lazy as hell, and that is being nice.  When you report these technology issues to them, they look through a scripted SOP (standard operation procedure) and if Ford does not have one.  They are going to tell you, "Our service manager drives the vehicle for 20 miles and does not see anything out of the ordinary compared to other vehicles of its type".  Cmon that is the biggest bunch of bullshit, I just don't have the energy to go back and forth with Ford the dealer and LFS.  To me, the difference between a lemon and a good car is 36 mos.   

• Trunk kick doesn't work.  tried every single angle and have adjusted my foot position for the hitch.        <<<    Try it after you click unlock on the keyfob

• turned off reverse sensor that brakes for you.  enough of the whiplash backing out.     <<<  That is a serious safety issue, get to the dealer ASAP they have a software update for that problem, mine was doing that too, the software update does work!  No more slamming on the breaks.  

On 6/7/2020 at 10:42 AM, Wolfepack88 said:

On 6/7/2020 at 10:42 AM, Wolfepack88 said:

On 6/7/2020 at 10:42 AM, Wolfepack88 saWhen my original order back in July of 2019 never showed up and the dealer and I both agreed to cancel I received a call back in January from the dealer offering me to order again and they would provide Xplan on a Black Label GT (I originally ordered non GT).   I decided to give Lincoln another shot.  I received my Car in April and have a little over 550 miles on it.   Yep Mustangchief I gave them another shot.  No emotion but honest feedback here on it so far (granted limited miles due to covid lockdown limiting need to drive as much).  Background I have owned mainly german from Benz, BMW and Audi will Benz being the most and audi the 2nd.     

Bad stuff.  

1.  Fit and finish is not up to par vs my German experiences.   I have a ceiling speaker that is not popped in all the way.  literally sticking out that I can put my pointer finger in the gap.  My 11 year old daughter sitting behind rear passenger seat noticed the panel below the front passenger seat belt adjustment is completely loose.  She saw sunlight through it which is the only reason we caught it.   

2.  mechanical: 

Good Stuff:

1.  Great gas mileage so far and even with using preserve mode a bunch.  

2.  Rides nice (close to my sq5 and s6 air suspension  so no complaints with ride and I haven't been disappointed in transition from gas to electric when I have used normal.   

3. Climate controls system - so far awesome.  Love the auto function has 3 fan settings.  So many cars auto systems blow ass and you end up wanting to turn fan up.  Coldest AC system I ever had was in my 325 wagon.  You could hang meet in the car if necessary.   

4.  Room for kids is excellent in 2nd row.  

5.  Soft close doors- huge and love it.

6.  Entry height is nice.  I wish automatically when you shut engine off and open door that it would lower as well or anytime you open drivers door or front passenger door with car in park.  likely have to get running board as wife is 4'11" and slideing down is gonna ruin the seat.  

7.  nighttime lights seem to be as good as my sq5.  The sq5's lights were the best nighttime automatic lights for brightness and function I have ever had in a car.  these are pretty damn good too. 

8.  Audio system is miles better than my B&O system that I had in my Audi or better than any other factory system I've had in any Benz, Bmw or Audi and I always upgraded my audio systems.  The SQ5 and the S6 the most recent blew arse totally.   

9.  HUD that works will polarized sunglasses is money period.  Info on screen is what you want.  

10.  never thought I would say this because on every other car I would turn it off or hack it to turn off- but the auto start-off is no bother to me.  Don't even think about it anymore.

11.  Love the auto hold braking function.  

12.  No issues with my radar detector (valentine 1) so far.  I don't detect any range limitation.  Haven't put on EZ pass yet.  

Ok thats it for now.  So my overall feeling is good for now with concern about quality of build as I never had these type of issues with my prior car and I ordered them all, none were lot cars. For the cost of this vehicle and who Lincoln is trying to compete with fit and finish should be outstanding.  I read and don't know if its valid but many people seem to say the Chicago plant quality is not the best int he ford plant system.   So time will tell and I bought the 125k extended warranty and dealer matched the online pricing that folks pointed to in the other threads.  I have a sneaking suspicion the warranty will be used.   I added xpel ultimate wrap, xpel fusion plus ceramic and xpel prime xr plus 70 tint for driver and passenger and sunroof so I'm all in on this vehicle for the next 10 years so investment is substantial.  You cant really detect the tint but the heat reduction from sun was immediate.  I will actually do the windshield once I get my 5 year new car inspection sticker from NJ DMV when they open.  Bought the car in PA.     Not bashing the car, I like it and hope to God the mechanical reliability is there and no old school American begin to get loose and rattle a few years in.   If they stay tight like my German cars did then this is a winner.  I tell my son all the time (borrowed form a movie favorite of mine), you won't be perfect nobody is, but you can put in a perfect effort.  I hope the men and women on the line building these vehicle did just that.   Time will tell.   

Edited by BigAl77

5 hours ago, Wolfepack88 said:

After wrap, xpel 70 tint and a ceramic coat.   Never had a white car before but I like it so far.  NJ tint can be an issue so this stuff cuts all the heat without drawing unwanted attention.   NJ is tough, if your license plate has a dealer frame that covers a 1/1000th of an inch of the plate its probable cause to pull you over let alone tint so no reason to draw the federales.  Side note go into any police parking lot and look at their personal cars and you could ticket every one of them for having their license plate covered.   I've paid a ticket for that and the female officer told me that is why she was pulling me over.  I was peeved about that.  I digress.    

IMG_2331.jpeg

I have a Pristine White Reserve II...   I wish I would have stuck with my old colors of Burgandy Velvet on Capacino interior.  EVERYONE has white, LOL   I almost sprung for the Black Label too, was so close but happy I didn't after all of these problems, I would be pissed shelling out $940 a month for a shop queen!

Ok, here was my results from the dealer.

1.  dealer found no issues with lane assist.  Said they took for test drive.  Of course on my way home the drift to the left wasn't being corrected consistently even with the green bars showing.  When using lane centering it worked.  So conclusion I have is it will be a PITA in this to get them to see it so I know not to rely on it.   They didn't calibrate my camera because no fault code and no problem with self test. 

2.  They fixed the ceiling speaker because it was obvious.  

3.  The loose trim was fixed.

4.  Rear hatch now opens with foot.

5.  They didn't acknowledge a software fix for the rear brake assist/cross assist or whatever you call it when the sensor thinks a car is coming from either side when reversing and you get jerking braking from a bush on the side of the driveway.  I just turned that off.  If there is a TSB for this please let me know.  

6.  Installed running boards and like them.  

So my sense is the lane assist and the advanced cruise control even when set at the maximum distance in stop and go traffic isn't reliable when at higher speeds and then you come on traffic that is stopped at a red light.  Even on way home a couple of times it wasn't going to stop.   How do you show them that really because It doesn't fail every time but enough that I will never rely on it solely.  A couple of times my wife was like what are you doing, meaning her instinct was kicking when the car wasn't slowing and I had not begun override braking yet.   This with the maximum distance set for spacing between cars so the car should begin slowing earlier than if you set it to the minimum distance.  I will say Audi and Benz have this wired and it sounds like some of your vehicles work flawlessly as well.  Mine doesn't so its gonna be like getting something to rattle when the dealer is driving it.  I like the vehicle but am disappointed that these two very important safety features are dangerously quirky for me.  I will remove the danger by not relying on them. Yes we are not supposed to rely on them solely,  but when I might need them its a bit disconcerting that they may not work at that moment.    I may decide to go to a closer dealer as the Black Label dealer is 40 miles away and non black label Lincoln dealer is 10 miles away.  

3 hours ago, Wolfepack88 said:

Ok, here was my results from the dealer.

1.  dealer found no issues with lane assist.  Said they took for test drive.  Of course on my way home the drift to the left wasn't being corrected consistently even with the green bars showing.  When using lane centering it worked.  So conclusion I have is it will be a PITA in this to get them to see it so I know not to rely on it.   They didn't calibrate my camera because no fault code and no problem with self test. 

2.  They fixed the ceiling speaker because it was obvious.  

3.  The loose trim was fixed.

4.  Rear hatch now opens with foot.

5.  They didn't acknowledge a software fix for the rear brake assist/cross assist or whatever you call it when the sensor thinks a car is coming from either side when reversing and you get jerking braking from a bush on the side of the driveway.  I just turned that off.  If there is a TSB for this please let me know.  

6.  Installed running boards and like them.  

So my sense is the lane assist and the advanced cruise control even when set at the maximum distance in stop and go traffic isn't reliable when at higher speeds and then you come on traffic that is stopped at a red light.  Even on way home a couple of times it wasn't going to stop.   How do you show them that really because It doesn't fail every time but enough that I will never rely on it solely.  A couple of times my wife was like what are you doing, meaning her instinct was kicking when the car wasn't slowing and I had not begun override braking yet.   This with the maximum distance set for spacing between cars so the car should begin slowing earlier than if you set it to the minimum distance.  I will say Audi and Benz have this wired and it sounds like some of your vehicles work flawlessly as well.  Mine doesn't so its gonna be like getting something to rattle when the dealer is driving it.  I like the vehicle but am disappointed that these two very important safety features are dangerously quirky for me.  I will remove the danger by not relying on them. Yes we are not supposed to rely on them solely,  but when I might need them its a bit disconcerting that they may not work at that moment.    I may decide to go to a closer dealer as the Black Label dealer is 40 miles away and non black label Lincoln dealer is 10 miles away.  

This is really a pity. My 2013 Infiniti JX has the rear brake and cross traffic assist also and it has been working flawlessly since I bought it. It is not new technology at all. It is mature technology and all the bugs should have been already worked out. Lincoln should not have this problem. It is really a safety issue and Lincoln should fix it. 

2 hours ago, Wheeling said:

This is really a pity. My 2013 Infiniti JX has the rear brake and cross traffic assist also and it has been working flawlessly since I bought it. It is not new technology at all. It is mature technology and all the bugs should have been already worked out. Lincoln should not have this problem. It is really a safety issue and Lincoln should fix it. 

Wow, the no fault code would have triggered my inner tech persona right then and there. Just because there is no fault code doesn't mean nothing wrong happened. Systems and programs might not go down but that doesn't mean a system will 100% throw a fault code or error message every single time something goes wrong. It's called bad programming. Assuming code will ALWAYS work is hubris because none of us can predict the future. No system is perfect to the point where it can always throw a code to show "this hurts" or "something is wrong, fix me." It's not like Lincoln and Ford can foresee every single problem in order to generate an appropriate fault code. That right there is dealership BS to get you to avoid pushing further. It's to get customers to accept the system as half assed.

If I had to program a fault code for every single mistake my code could make or all the possible ways a system could fail, I would never be able to deploy software in all eternity.

I would have just said "why don't I take you on the drive and show you it's not working and then we'll see what fault code it's throwing then." The best way to prove them wrong is to have someone such as your spouse recording video of you using the system from start to finish and showing the system functioning (or not functioning in these circumstances). I know it's a bit more effort than most would like to put forward and a bit risky but most of us all have smartphones with cameras on them these days. Showing the lead car icon in the instrument cluster once adaptive cruise control has been set as well as when the system works AND doesn't work would be my first move. You have to prove it only works some of the time so it's better to show the system when it works AND when it doesn't work.

You seem to be much more calmer with this situation than myself. Do you have any intentions on contacting Ford/Lincoln headquarters in regards to any of that?

Edited by Zhenocnra

I immediately thought of a cell phone rig to do this.  A bit involved, but I might I have to do it if the lane keep assist really begins to bother me.  I agree on the software but I also see their point as when they test it they see no problem.  I can appreciate I'm sure some customers come in with issues that never can be corroborated.  I will have to set up a cell phone from behind and I'm hoping the camera will pick up the heads up display to show this.  The precision to do this and see the road to show the car is veering off the road is gonna be a PITA so I have to make up mind if I want to do this.  I turned the rear assist back on and will see if this happens again because they said they did a self test on that as well.  Does anyone have a TSB or something that references a software fix for this so I can show them?   

As for running boards here are some pics I just took.  The Mrs is happy and my daughter is as well.  I mentioned the dirty pants scenario which is for someone of my height 6', I will likely step over them getting out and the back of your pants will rub the running board so in the winter you will pick up all the dir and crap thats on running board.  Having taken so many uber rides with colleagues in the large suv's, you get out and if you don't use the running board and step down your slacks catch the running board and you end up with dirt on them.  Yeah I know before all the jokes, soft management boys I know but this shit happens and you see guys come into meeting with the back of their slacks all shitted up and its funny, everyone is like you ubered in a suv didn't you.  Yeah first world problems I know but just sharing the truth.   So I will have to get used to step on it getting out even though I don't need it.   On a navigator you are up so much higher you instinctively step on it as I found during test driving that.  This is lower so its not instinctive to step on it getting out.  Getting in yeah you step on it.  Can't explain it but you just do.    

IMG_6007.jpeg

IMG_5119.jpeg

IMG_3915.jpeg

IMG_3740.jpeg

Edited by Wolfepack88

Isn't it suppose to brake hard to stop quick in a short distance while backing like in this video. I back into the garage and mine seems to be speed sensitive.  It will slam the brakes if backing too fast toward the doorway, but it lets me back in with no braking when going slow.

Edited by CoolScoop

Something to consider we first got the whiplash backing out from garage, hmmm,  but I recall we were going super duper slow as it was one of the first few times backing out and I was being careful to see how much clearance and getting used to rearview camera view, etc.   Cool scoop hopefully those pics gave you the perspective you want, if not let me know what kind of shot you want.  

This is just a read between the lines observation and I can't say it's fact... but going by what I heard at the dealer they may be limiting software updates for now because they're working on a cumulative update that will fine tune a bunch of things to the 2021 specs.  I hope that's the case!

Edited by CoolScoop

On 6/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, CoolScoop said:

This is just a read between the lines observation and I can't say it's fact... but going by what I heard at the dealer they may be limiting software updates for now because they're working on a cumulative update that will fine tune a bunch of things to the 2021 specs.  I hope that's the case!

I'm also waiting for a software update that was promised by my dealer and a Lincoln Canada rep that will fix the issue with the EV DTE range not showing up in the HUD.  I was told it would be addressed in the next update and so far there have been no updates released.  So if they are going to defer it until the 2021 comes out then we will have to keep waiting a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok an update to this.   Had to go to dealer for the rear seat rattle and replacement of the glove box.  The rear seat rattle (passenger side 2nd row) turned out to be a loose bracket which they tightened down.  In videoing the noise, so I didn't get the "We cant replicate it", I noticed when the aviator goes over rougher pavement (not just a big pothole) the 2nd row captains chairs exhibit a lot of vibration where the head rest almost looks like a tuning fork when you bang it (not sound but the visible vibration).  In my mind those seats are not very vibration isolated.  Call me crazy ,but I'm thinking how submarines use larger rubber vibration isolating pieces to prevent machinery noise and vibration from hitting the hall.  Yes I get it a $2b sub vs a $87k dollar SUV.  I just keep thinking over time if that's what I see on the seat from the outside on the inside in the guts over time I hope it doesn't loosen crap up.  Let me know when you go over rougher pavement if you all notice in your rear view mirror the tops of the 2nd row seats visibly vibrating like that.  The glovebox leather was bubbled (almost like a pimple) so they replaced it which was nice.  No bitching about that from them.   

A new item was a paint problem where at the front of the rear passenger door right where it lines up with the front door the paint looked like it was touched up and coated over.  At first glance I thought it was my paint protection film partially peeled back when I realized I didn't put paint protection film on the doors.   My wife notice it and since its pristine white and you don't see it right away.  My Xpel film guy said this looks like post factory shipping company repair or during q/c they attempted to fix it and repair it.  Dealer took pictures and sent to Lincoln.  I just don't want problems with that paint peeling back or the clear coat wearing off because it was done somewhat poorly and I see what looks like bear metal exposed in there (the silver color).  See pic below. Should I insiste on a new door? 

IMG_9648.jpeg

Edited by Wolfepack88

On 6/26/2020 at 12:20 PM, Wolfepack88 said:

A new item was a paint problem where at the front of the rear passenger door right where it lines up with the front door the paint looked like it was touched up and coated over.  At first glance I thought it was my paint protection film partially peeled back when I realized I didn't put paint protection film on the doors.   My wife notice it and since its pristine white and you don't see it right away.  My Xpel film guy said this looks like post factory shipping company repair or during q/c they attempted to fix it and repair it.  Dealer took pictures and sent to Lincoln.  I just don't want problems with that paint peeling back or the clear coat wearing off because it was done somewhat poorly and I see what looks like bear metal exposed in there (the silver color).  See pic below. Should I insiste on a new door? 

I'm curious what the dealer or Lincoln will try to do to fix the issue at this point. I'd be worried about techs trying to add a new door and screwing something else up in the process but that's just me. Not sure what I would do in that situation.