Aviator Review by Savagegeese

Awhile ago he reviewed the new Explorer and needless to say, he was not kind. 

Many  of you agreed while others shouted fake news and this guy sucks and couldn’t tell the difference in sound quality between an AM radio and a live concert of the Detroit Symphony.  

Amazing what some extra attention to detail and more refinement will bring you. 

https://youtu.be/tNrffrN5TIU

He says it has the same engine as the ST but with more power.  Then lists it as 400hp and 415tq which is exactly what the ST has.  Then the PHEV has even MORE power.

When you sre a professional reviewer, get your facts straight..  every stupid mistake takes away from credibility, both good and bad.

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

-Complaints about the transmission shifting too smoothly

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I found that hysterical 

He's absolutely determined to hate the Ford 10R transmission no matter what. 

I wish the 10R transmission in my Ranger had that "problem"! ?

The 10R80 in my Ecoboost Mustang is very smooth in Normal Mode. 

14 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

I wish the 10R transmission in my Ranger had that "problem"! ?

The 10R80 in my Ecoboost Mustang is very smooth in Normal Mode.   The shifts are much more noticeable in Sport+ mode or when the transmission is in Sport instead of Drive, as they should be. 

FYI:  I spend about half the time in Sport+ mode. 

Savage Geese ruined its credibility IMO with its "savage" reviews of the Ranger and Explorer. I have read and viewed many extensive reviews of both vehicles and his review was completely out of bounds in the extreme. Are the Explorer and Ranger perfect vehicles? No, but they are certainly competitive and both are best in class in certain aspects like powertrain and towing ability. 

7 hours ago, CurtisH said:

The 10R80 in my Ecoboost Mustang is very smooth in Normal Mode.

5 hours ago, akirby said:

No issues with my F150.  Smooth as butter.

Thank you CurtisH and akirby. I got my Ranger's transmission software updated at the last scheduled maintenance visit. Smoothness is better than before, but the 1-2 upshift is still harsh with a "bump" feeling at random times. I use Normal mode.

It's not a safety issue, so I'm not worried about it. Overall this 10-speed is the best Ford designed automatic I've experienced. Still wish Ford could stuff the superior ZF 8HP into the Ranger. The Jaguar XF I used to own had that transmission. It was so smooth and responsive that it bordered on telepathic.

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you CurtisH and akirby. I got my Ranger's transmission software updated at the last scheduled maintenance visit. Smoothness is better than before, but the 1-2 upshift is still harsh with a "bump" feeling at random times. I use Normal mode.

In Normal mode, my Mustang skips 2nd and 4th gears.  In Sport+, it doesn’t skip gears.  I believe Akirby has mentioned that his F150 also skips 2nd and 4th in most instances.