lincoln emblem flashing

• 2 months later...

I too had the Lincoln emblem on the front grille replaced under warranty.  According to my service advisor, the illuminated emblem on most if not all 2018 and 2019 Lincolns will have to be replaced. They had 3 other Navigators in service for the emblem replacement at the same time, with mine being the fourth. My dealer even started stocking replacement emblems. My Navigator waited 1.5 years and 20k miles for the emblem to go out.  

• 1 month later...

Dropped the truck off at the dealer for the emblem light.

Also its been 2500 miles scince the turbo has been replaced.

The oil was changed 2500 miles ago at 12,400 miles,  the truck has 14,797 miles, The oil is very low, below the 2nd dot.

Where did the oil go?

20201028_194351.jpg

Edited by vipersinu2

My Navigator has been in the shop all week.

I brought it in for the emblem light out and low oil level.

I asked why the oil was low, 2500 miles and very low oil.

They said b/c the oil was never changed?

I said to the manager,
You changed my cam phasers, then a few months later replaced the turbo, and never changed the oil?

When I picked up the truck after the turbo change,  the oil was low, I brought the truck back to the dealer to top off the oil.

2500 miles later the oil is black and very low.

Their excuse was it b/c the oil was never changed.

What BS that is. 1st they should of changed the oil when the cam phasers were replaced, and when the turbo was replaced.

I can only imagine what crud is in the oil pan. From rtv and gasket material, or antifreeze that can leak into the pan.

As far as the low oil issue because oil was never changed is also BS

This is after the turbo change, the dealer did not top off the oil

20201025_120052.jpg

This is after the oil was topped off with 2500 miles on oil

Resized_20201024_101541.jpeg

Edited by vipersinu2

Okay, was the emblem replaced? 

Maybe you should start a new thread about the oil. Although, I'm not clear on what advice or guidance you are looking for here. Get Lincoln involved if you haven't already. I mean beyond the dealer level. This all sounds unacceptable with the oil, but I don't know all the facts. I watched several videos earlier this year of a guy changing out cam phasers. I think I linked them in some of your various threads here and on another forum. Maybe he replaced the oil, but I don't recall that step really. If the oil is fresh and looks good, why would they change it without being told to do so?  Smarter people please give input as to whether that is expected. 

Edit again: Do they test the oil to see if metal is in ti after a cam phaser replacement? I could see changing the oil for that reason. 

Edited by Black Label

I am trying to figure out if anyone else is using oil.

And to let others know when getting cam phasers replaced, to make sure they get new oil and not assume the oil was changed.

if you ever worked on engines, you would find the out front cover needs to be removed to get to the phasers,

But the oil pan will stays in place, wide open for debris to drop down into the pan.

Any coolant from removing the water pump would run right  down the block into the oil pan, or scrapping the rtv or gasket material would also fall into the pan.

Why would you not change the oil. Absolutely crazy.

The service manger said he was sorry, and gave me a free oil change and to keep my eye on the oil level.

20201104_181555.jpg

Edited by vipersinu2

41 minutes ago, vipersinu2 said:

I am trying to figure out if anyone else is using oil.

And to let others know when getting cam phasers replaced, to make sure they get new oil and not assume the oil was changed.

if you ever worked on engines, you would find the out front cover needs to be removed to get to the phasers,

But the oil pan will stays in place, wide open for debris to drop down into the pan.

Any coolant from removing the water pump would run right  down the block into the oil pan, or scrapping the rtv or gasket material would also fall into the pan.

Why would you not change the oil. Absolutely crazy.

The service manger said he was sorry, and gave me a free oil change and to keep my eye on the oil level.

20201104_181555.jpg

Makes sense. Guess I was wondering why you posted on this thread you had started about your emblem with no follow up on that.