Canadian vs américain f150

denp

• 1 year later...

I believe the only physical difference between the Canadian and US trucks is the Instrument cluster. I would say they roll down the same line.

This is done partially to reduce production costs, and partially because the USA and Canada are very closely aligned in vehicle regulations. So much so that both countries have exemptions to their import laws that allow vehicles to be imported/exported regardless of their age. (Normally Canada requires vehicles to be at least 15 years old to import from elsewhere, and the USA is 25 years)

On 7/9/2021 at 9:23 PM, mattdm said:

I believe the only physical difference between the Canadian and US trucks is the Instrument cluster. I would say they roll down the same line.

I don't know about right now, but the other difference was that the Canadian vehicles had to have daytime running lights as well. Sometimes an aftermarket module had to be installed, sometimes it was a dealer tool to make it work through pcm or bcm programming.

Can confirm because I own a 2019 F-150 Limited, no difference EXCEPT tailgate step was included with Limited package for Canadian model vs. an option in USA. Dash has option for Kilometers or Miles depending on your location/preference in both US and Canadian versions.