2019 Navigator Harmonic noise

y22man

Hello All,

I picked up a new 2019 Lincoln Navigator L Reserve. I now have about 2000 miles on it. Starting this week I heard a ear piercing harmonic noise. I can reproduce it at will. 4 large adults in the front 4 seats and 3 13 your old kids in the last row. When I go down an incline coasting and slowly slowing from 68 - 65 I hear a bad harmonic noise. It is coming from the back. I am not sure if it is coming from the transmission, Drive line, or the differential.

Before I send it to the dealer, is this a common problem? I did a search on this forum and did not find anything. I found 1 mention of something similar on a untrusted to me site.

The only way I can reproduce it is by the passengers mentioned above in the vehicle.

Well that sounds unfortunate, does it sound like it's oscillating or is it more of a drone? Have you tried manually down shifting with the paddles to see if it is still there. Judging by the very specific set of circumstances it is going to be damn near impossible for the dealer to diagnose unless you bring your family and take the service guy for a ride. Good luck.

I started to describe it as a drone, but it is a higher pitch than a drone.  I also would not describe it as a screech or metal sound.

As far as reproducing, I would need to take a few dealer employees for a ride to the lake.  ?

55 minutes ago, Black Label said:

If it happens when loaded like that, wouldn't it be more of a suspension issue at those particular speeds vs. transmission, etc.?

I still think it's the teenagers lol. 

One of them is probably back there blowing a kazoo ever so softly back there but I also agree with you the loading of the suspension causing a rub somewhere. 

• Like 1