Ford Transit Trail and Transit Custom Trail (Europe)

40 minutes ago, bzcat said:

That was unexpected... Active vans.

You can add plastic cladding to anything with wheels and someone will pay extra for it. 

throw a raptor grille on it and it has instant off-road cred too lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this idea. A true OEM Offroad variant would make a great family adventure rig. 

That said... the wife keeps hinting at a minivan such as the Sienna or Pacifica. Really wish Ford would bring back a modern Windstar to fit eliminate this household debate. 

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I wonder if Ford US would consider adding off road wheels and tires to the AWD Transit,

I remember this combination being done by an aftermarket company.......

If you bump the tire size, the rear wheel well clearance is so tight you can not use snow chains.  Not a big deal for most, except if this is supposed to be an "off road" van capable of taking you to your favorite ski resort or cross country trail.

When are they going to FINALLY put some rear seats in the Transit that ADULTS can sit in comfortably ?  (E-Series Chateau)

13 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

If you bump the tire size, the rear wheel well clearance is so tight you can not use snow chains.  Not a big deal for most, except if this is supposed to be an "off road" van capable of taking you to your favorite ski resort or cross country trail.

When are they going to FINALLY put some rear seats in the Transit that ADULTS can sit in comfortably ?  (E-Series Chateau)

I was thinking lift kit and Ranger FX4 wheels and tires, pretty radical but if done by factory pretty wild.

I dunno about Transit seats, maybe Ford thinking too much like school bus instead of new age minivan....

26 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

I dunno about Transit seats, maybe Ford thinking too much like school bus instead of new age minivan....

Where I work at, the US Gov pays for people to carpool. They have a couple Transits from Budget rental car that have seats in them and I had no issues getting in and out of them.

Asking for a E-series Chateau is like asking for a personal coupe now...both concepts are deader then a door nail and nearly date from 40-50 years ago...

On 6/29/2020 at 7:07 AM, silvrsvt said:

Where I work at, the US Gov pays for people to carpool. They have a couple Transits from Budget rental car that have seats in them and I had no issues getting in and out of them.

Well I know that MY fat a$$ would not be very comfortable in those seats for more than about 5 minutes !