2021 Nissan Rogue

T-dubz

38 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I don't know why the show the top of the line model. We all know that 90% of what Nissan will sell of these will base rental model spec.

Platinum trim level/grade is new for Rogue. It makes sense to show off a new offering like that in press releases.

Current generation 2020 Nissan Rogue sales mix is 25% S (base),  60% SV (midgrade), and 15% SL (high grade)

Edited by rperez817

50 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Platinum trim level/grade is new for Rogue. It makes sense to show off a new offering like that in press releases.

Current generation 2020 Nissan Rogue sales mix is 25% S (base),  60% SV (midgrade), and 15% SL (high grade)

I know... I know.

My comment is more directed that these even in SV guise, they were rental spec. Had one as a rental (last resort) and by god it was awful. Neighbor has one, and he'll freely admit he bought it used based on price and cargo capacity only.

My anecdotal story, is I only see them with steelies and I see these everywhere. AWD being the only discernible option. It will be interesting to see how this new model sells, as the face looks better, in my opinion. Old face look like a first gen Murano at least to me.

22 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

My comment is more directed that these even in SV guise, they were rental spec. Had one as a rental (last resort) and by god it was awful. Neighbor has one, and he'll freely admit he bought it used based on price and cargo capacity only.

A friend and a family member each bought one of these. In both cases they bought the Rouge because it offered a very low monthly lease/purchase payment for a vehicle of that size.

Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai/Kia all knocking each other off till you can't tell which is which at highway speed.  Not sure how that is all going to work out for them.  I know the Toyota and Honda buyers have unfailing loyalty, but others will just get something that looks cool and nobody will know the difference.

Seeing the new Escape on the road - looks much better in person than in photos and stands away from the crowd.  My 14yo daughter saw one at the traffic light next to us and said;  "...I really like that car..."  

1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai/Kia all knocking each other off till you can't tell which is which at highway speed.  Not sure how that is all going to work out for them.

Compact crossover vehicles in general all have similarly boring styling inside and out. But consumers who buy these things don't care about style. This segment is all about practicality, value, safety, feature set, and quality.

New Nissan Rogue seems to be pretty good in those areas, can't say for sure on the value measure until Nissan releases pricing. Anyway, new Rogue should remain among the best selling compact crossovers in the U.S. It's a refinement on a successful formula.

On 6/18/2020 at 5:22 PM, rmc523 said:

You're right, 3/4 of them are rentals.

18 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

Yea right. Look at Ford's March rental fleet sales and get back to me..........

From October

https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-insights/october-2019-fleet-sales/ 

Nissan was the top performing OEM last month with fleet sales increasing 34% year-over-year; fleet sales at Nissan are up 5% year to date through October. According to our analysis of the data, we are estimating that both GM and Toyota saw fleet sales drop more than 40% last month compared to October 2018. Ford, traditionally strong in commercial and government fleet sales, delivered lower fleet sales as well in October. Our team has been expecting fleet sales to slow in Q4 from a red-hot pace through the early part of the year. October seems to indicate slowing has begun.

Ford always has sold to fleets, but they are of the non-rental type for most products.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:46 PM, rperez817 said:

Compact crossover vehicles in general all have similarly boring styling inside and out. But consumers who buy these things don't care about style. This segment is all about practicality, value, safety, feature set, and quality.

New Nissan Rogue seems to be pretty good in those areas, can't say for sure on the value measure until Nissan releases pricing. Anyway, new Rogue should remain among the best selling compact crossovers in the U.S. It's a refinement on a successful formula.

The segment is all about the consumer 'having what everyone else has'  Or keeping up with 'so and so's cool looking little SUV'.  So if you look like the other guy -then you're covered.