Mach 1 revealed.

18 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Well basically sound like PP2 with coolers and Bullitt engine. Was hoping for another 20hp and the tremec from the GT350. Kinda weak in my opinion vs what they could have done and still have had a nice gap between GT500.

The Tremec from the GT350 is included.  

18 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I stand corrected. How'd i miss that? That makes for a much more pleasant driving experience. I've always hated fighting the regular GT trans in my limited go fast experience with the GT.

Yeah the Getrag MT-82 in the GT has been a source of complaints for years.  Mach1 will be a unique package at least than what has already been offered.  I’m with you though, hopefully they can “tune” in another 20hp before productions starts.  

37 minutes ago, akirby said:

Is there really a practical difference between 480 and 500?

Yes, because that 20 extra horsepower will be critical in the hypothetical street races discussed over a few beers.

If anything, those extra horses become even more critical as more beers are consumed during the discussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Well basically sound like PP2 with coolers and Bullitt engine. Was hoping for another 20hp and the tremec from the GT350. Kinda weak in my opinion vs what they could have done and still have had a nice gap between GT500.

its got the tremec from the GT350 I believe....I think this looks great, but disappointed at no shaker hood...and seriously...if the choice was between this and the GT350...to me that's a loos for the Mach....NO replacement for that glorious engine...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Is there really a practical difference between 480 and 500?

Well yes, there could be. A few different factors here. If you aren't going to take it to the track, then no. Essentially, this is touted as the GT350 replacement (without saying it). Those cars can be tracked hard. The Mustang isn't light and coolers aren't either, so theoretically yes, more horsepower will be better to offset said weight. It really depends on the tuning, if you are higher along the curve then yes.

Another factor, is 500 gives it an unique engine/tune that hasn't been used before. As it stands with the little details we have, the Mach engine is not unique as it has been in the Bullitt before.

Not sure why they ended the flat plane crank GT 350. Anyone know why? I know Joe Raiti of You Tube fame ordered one and still waiting unless he cancelled order. He loves the GT500 too, but the naturally aspirated GT 350 seems to have a fan club. It's the one I would order if I was in the market. 

27 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Not sure why they ended the flat plane crank GT 350. Anyone know why? I know Joe Raiti of You Tube fame ordered one and still waiting unless he cancelled order. He loves the GT500 too, but the naturally aspirated GT 350 seems to have a fan club. It's the one I would order if I was in the market. 

The special production line at Romeo was reconfigured for the S/C GT500 engine,

Ford always planned on the GT350 being a five year deal.

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

I'm fairly certain that last sentence is incorrect.

I’m fairly certain that it is correct, I remember a discussion back in 2015 or 2016 that the GT350 has a maximum life of five years and would be replaced by another Shelby after that.

Edited by jpd80

9 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

This model Does cover coolers which is what a recent article in Car and Driver about the PP2 was missing. 

48 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

I’m fairly certain that it is correct, I remember a discussion back in 2015 or 2016 that the GT350 has a maximum life of five years and would be replaced by another Shelby after that.

We can agree to disagree but that's not correct at all. How it was explained to me by multiple people is the GT350 was a late 2015 add (very few were produced). Initial production run was supposed to be to 3-4 model years for GT350.

The GT500 should of been out at minimum a year earlier than it was.  Do you think they planned on doing a slight refresh for the GT350? That is what they did to keep it relevant. Both versions now run on different blocks as the original 2015-2018. We can thank the GT500 for that. Once they planned the refresh for 2019, it was planned to do a slight overlap with GT500. The Mach 1 will now occupy that space in 2021.