Mach 1 revealed.

44 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There's a very good reason it wasn't out a year earlier than it was though, and GT350 has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

You're right....If the GT500 didn't get delayed would the GT350 been given a slight refresh (engine block, suspension and aero tweaks) and produced in 2019 and 2020? I heard that if the GT500 had been on schedule, that wouldn't of happened. That was the only point i was trying to make. 

14 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

You're right....If the GT500 didn't get delayed would the GT350 been given a slight refresh (engine block, suspension and aero tweaks) and produced in 2019 and 2020? 

To put it simply, no. I don't know why GT350 is ending now but I don't think GT500 has much to do with it beyond the Niche Engine line in Romeo being tooled up for the new engine. Why both can't be built at the same time I have no idea. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Another awesome new Mustang!  Though IMO it dosen't have much resemblance to a Mach 1.  But at least I'm relieved I won't have to trade my '03 now... can't give up that cool scoop and don't want to change my username!

Edited by CoolScoop

9 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

We can agree to disagree but that's not correct at all. How it was explained to me by multiple people is the GT350 was a late 2015 add (very few were produced). Initial production run was supposed to be to 3-4 model years for GT350.

The GT500 should of been out at minimum a year earlier than it was.  Do you think they planned on doing a slight refresh for the GT350? That is what they did to keep it relevant. Both versions now run on different blocks as the original 2015-2018. We can thank the GT500 for that. Once they planned the refresh for 2019, it was planned to do a slight overlap with GT500. The Mach 1 will now occupy that space in 2021. 

I did say a maximum of five years, three to four years is probably all that Ford initially  wanted but did their usual trick of extending - that I would believe, especially with Fields pushing back new models.

The 2015 GT350 Was always intended as a limited production run celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the GT350 but,

Details of the total production  was leaked to a dealer with total production limited to 27,500 that means an annual

split out of 5,000 GT350 & 500 GT350R.     (Autoweek article March 18, 2015)

Edited by jpd80

22 hours ago, akirby said:

Is there really a practical difference between 480 and 500?

Yes, imagine they went the other way, and used the standard 5.0 GT engine with 460hp. The villagers would be out with pitchforks and torches.

I swear there have been times I wished for another 20hp.

22 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Another awesome new Mustang!  Though IMO it dosen't have much resemblance to a Mach 1.  But at least I'm relieved I won't have to trade my '03 now... can't give up that cool scoop and don't want to change my username!

Crocodile Dundee:   <points to the white car>   "That's nawght a Mawck 1!!!"

Crocodile Dundee:   <points at the red car>   "Now THAT'S a Mawck 1!!!"

?

2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-105-1592231841.

• Like 1