Individual Trailer TPMS

So..... I took delivery in early March of my new 2020 F-350 Platinum SRW... With it, I was supposed to get the option Individual Trailer TPMS.... They were not there, but where on the invoice and sticker... The dealer is telling me there is a problem with them and  engineering is working on it ?????

Its been almost 4 months now, and still nothing.... should I ask for my money back?? Or are they worth the wait ?

I'm in a similar boat with my factory ordered truck and the TPMS + camera option.  I ended up cancelling both options off the truck so no direct experience with them.  However, I've heard really good things about Tuson and TST systems.  I've pretty much settled on the Tuson system (when/if I finally get my truck) based off reviews and installation videos.  Links below.

My logic:

Pros

Easy installation with the signal repeater

added tire temperature monitoring vs. Ford system

internally mounted tpms monitors

Similar cost to the Ford system

Capability to monitor more than 4 trailer tires (large RVs)

Cons:

Extra screen vs. Ford factory system

https://tusonrvbrakes.com/products/new-tuson-towable-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-tpms4w

https://tsttruck.com/

• 6 months later...
12 minutes ago, Ford truck guy said:

Thanks for the reply..

I need to find a MAX PSI for the Trailers TPMS..... cannot find it anywhere.. My wheels and tires on the fifth wheel are 17.5 and max at 125 . . .

It probably triggers the warning at a preset psi - probably 25 or so.

19 hours ago, campingnut said:

Are you sure they are going to work with the 17.5 rim

Now I am not sure.... after a ton of searching the internet I found that my 17.5 wheel has a rim contour of HC.. evidently these will only fit contour J ? and the valve stem hole needs to be .462... need to find out what mine are..

I wish the dealer was able  to have these answers before I paid for the option

8 hours ago, Ford truck guy said:

Now I am not sure.... after a ton of searching the internet I found that my 17.5 wheel has a rim contour of HC.. evidently these will only fit contour J ? and the valve stem hole needs to be .462... need to find out what mine are..

I wish the dealer was able  to have these answers before I paid for the option

I posted the manual in your other thread.

wee, I received the kit from the dealer and now i have an issue...  recently found the instructions that the dealer could not provide when purchasing.... Seams that they will not fit on my 17.5 wheels....

If the dealer does not take it back, I may be selling it if anyone is interested...  They FIT on wheels with a "J" style flange and .452 stem hole.