Ford Uninvited TFL From The Upcoming 2021 Ford F-150 & Bronco Reveals

Last week, we published new Bronco prototype images, but not without consequence.

[cut]

While we were successful in bringing you the information we received quickly, this video (seen above) and its corresponding post on TFLcar.com didn’t come without consequence. Shortly after we published the news, we received notice from a Ford spokesperson that we had been summarily disinvited from the official reveal for the 2021 Ford Bronco and the 2021 Ford F-150. 

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/06/ford-uninvited-tfl-from-the-upcoming-2021-ford-f-150-bronco-reveals-heres-how-it-hurts-all-of-us-call-to-action/

4 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Lmao, so just about everything they comain about on the 2nd lowest trim is fixed on the higher trims.  Answer - Buy a higher trim, tbats why manufacturers do that.  Idiot!

You can argue that, but I found most of their complaints valid, and a number of their complaints had caveats why Ford did what they did.  The headlight complaint is particularly legit, whether people want to admit it or not. Ford lower tier headlights are complete garbage and in some cases not sufficient based on personal experience with my work vehicles.

With that said, their review was still very positive even after they were banned.  I still find it petty by Ford considering nothing they revealed was particularly interesting.   

• Like 3

12 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Boo freaking hoo

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Same thing happened to Jalopnik last year with Mach-E and somehow they survived. 

Good god the entitlement is maddening. 

Did Jalopnik ever get it back?

Roman is whining about the money he spent on the F-250 and this is the thanks he gets - even got his press fleet access pulled. Well, Roman, think about the money Ford spent on the Bronco and all the support they give your little channel and this is the thanks Ford gets.

13 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Never heard of him, next! 

Well than you obviously don't watch TFL---I actually love these guys and think they do an excellent job and are very fair and objective.

There are a ton of mules running around their area in Colorado, so they are going to take advantage of that. But like other's have said, it's Ford's rules-but I think it is pretty petty of them. These reveals have been the longest drawn out of damn near anyone I can remember. And then you get to wait another 6-9 months before these things even start to show up. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bryan1 said:

Did Jalopnik ever get it back?

Roman is whining about the money he spent on the F-250 and this is the thanks he gets - even got his press fleet access pulled. Well, Roman, think about the money Ford spent on the Bronco and all the support they give your little channel and this is the thanks Ford gets.

AFAIK they were only uninvited to that press reveal, not future events.

They did publish an article explaining what happened but they didn't whine about it like TFL is. They just waited until later to post a technical breakdown.

34 minutes ago, kyle said:

There are a ton of mules running around their area in Colorado, so they are going to take advantage of that. But like other's have said, it's Ford's rules-but I think it is pretty petty of them. 

I don't believe it was from a camoed mule that they found running around in the wild in Colorado. The article says they were emailed pictures from an "anonymous" source and they posted them. I can't find the post so it appears they deleted it. If it was just a mule in the wild they wouldn't have deleted the pics and nobody would have a problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tbone said:

You can argue that, but I found most of their complaints valid, and a number of their complaints had caveats why Ford did what they did.  The headlight complaint is particularly legit, whether people want to admit it or not. Ford lower tier headlights are complete garbage and in some cases not sufficient based on personal experience with my work vehicles.

With that said, their review was still very positive even after they were banned.  I still find it petty by Ford considering nothing they revealed was particularly interesting.   

I usually enjoy their videos but I am always critical when professional reviewers state incorrect info.  If you are going to be a professional reviewer, then know your stuff.  IE - fordpass works from satellites... um no, it uses 4G cell signals.. not satellites.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tbone said:

Everyone seems to be blaming TFL. Who leaked the photos in the first place?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2005Explorer said:

Well if they are that upset then they should just go ahead and ban all reviews and discussion of Ford products on their channel. Just boycott each other and be done with it.

Wait until any Ford/Lincoln has a quality issue. TFL will be first to share the news. Payback is a bitxx.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2005Explorer said:

Well if they are that upset then they should just go ahead and ban all reviews and discussion of Ford products on their channel. Just boycott each other and be done with it.

No, the whole idea was to show the knee jerk response (Roman)

and then get on with the F250 review (Nathan, the closet Chevy lover)

36 minutes ago, MKX1960 said:

Wait until any Ford/Lincoln has a quality issue. TFL will be first to share the news. Payback is a bitxx.

Being excluded from major events is a major smack down, bitching about future problems was a given anyway.

Ford is just being a bit childish here, news , singling out TFL was just a way of sending a message to others invited

to play nice or suffer the same consequences.

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Ford is just being a bit childish here

How is Ford's conduct childish here? TFL was invited to the product reveal and got greedy or wasn't thinking and posted the pics before the reveal. TFL should be ashamed of themselves instead of trying to shame Ford. It is unfair to Ford and unfair to all the other sites who waited. If Ford in response made a bratty video mocking TFL and posted a tweet with black tape over the TFL logo and then banned them for life and said no more TFL then that would be childish, pathetic and obnoxious. Writing them a letter univiting them was what they had to do. Roman and Andre should rethink what they are doing. They don't always have to be first on everything. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Being excluded from major events is a major smack down, bitching about future problems was a given anyway.

Ford is just being a bit childish here, news , singling out TFL was just a way of sending a message to others invited

to play nice or suffer the same consequences.

Childish is the best way to  describe it.  I watch TFL  quite a bit and I think they are usually fair.  Dumb ass move on Ford's part IMO.  

Now had it been Cons'R or MTR T ?-that would be another story.

• Like 2

How is it childish? If you want to see childish look at the TFL response video. What does TFL usually being fair have to do with it? If PUTC was still up and running I don't think Mark Williams would post it. TFL lacks common sense if they still think this ok. The Truth Site that usually posts fake news would have posted it no doubt but they have also been banned.

Edited by Bryan1