Ford Uninvited TFL From The Upcoming 2021 Ford F-150 & Bronco Reveals

2 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

If they are that upset about everything Ford did to them then they basically need to tell Ford we have 750,000 subscribers and hundreds of thousands of views on our videos. We will pull every single video of a Ford product on our channel and no longer discuss or review any Ford product in the future. Either that will get Ford’s attention or Ford will tell them to pound sand. Just whining about it and leaving all of those Ford reviews on their channel or discussing and reviewing future Ford products tells me they aren’t that upset.

Only a child that has no place in business would try to threaten Ford in the manner you described

the harder thing to do is be an adult and continue like business as usual and not over react.

It's strange that TFL still claims that Ford didn't and still hasn't sent them an email, was it sent to the wrong address?

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

If they are that upset about everything Ford did to them then they basically need to tell Ford we have 750,000 subscribers and hundreds of thousands of views on our videos. We will pull every single video of a Ford product on our channel and no longer discuss or review any Ford product in the future. Either that will get Ford’s attention or Ford will tell them to pound sand. Just whining about it and leaving all of those Ford reviews on their channel or discussing and reviewing future Ford products tells me they aren’t that upset.

Like I said, they need Ford not the other way around.   Ford will sell just as many vehicles with or without them.  It's just entertainment.   Same for C&D and Motor trend and all the other rags back in the day.  

CR is probably the only one that sways purchasing decisions based on reliability data (rightly or wrongly) but even that is a tiny tiny tiny percentage of all vehicle sales every year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, akirby said:

Like I said, they need Ford not the other way around.   Ford will sell just as many vehicles with or without them.  It's just entertainment.   Same for C&D and Motor trend and all the other rags back in the day.  

CR is probably the only one that sways purchasing decisions based on reliability data (rightly or wrongly) but even that is a tiny tiny tiny percentage of all vehicle sales every year.

Yes of course they need Ford and won't do what I suggested. I just suggested it because they need to stop whining about it and actually take real action if they are so mad at Ford. Since they won't do that it just proves they aren't really that upset.

Edited by 2005Explorer
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

Our President would do it like that. ? (Ok I know we’re not supposed to get into politics on here so I will leave it at that.)

LOL, I know but it's best to avoid knee jerk reactions in this situation, it's important to keep talking

and try to remain approachable to Ford here, they clearly had a good relationship before this.

I am disappointed that TFL didn't say, ok we've taken down the pics, let's talk about it

because we never got the email, can you guys check that you got the address right.

Maybe if they did those two things Ford would talk to them.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

LOL, I know but it's best to avoid knee jerk reactions in this situation, it's important to keep talking

and try to remain approachable to Ford here, they clearly had a good relationship before this.

I am disappointed that TFL didn't say, ok we've taken down the pics, let's talk about it

because we never got the email, can you guys check that you got the address right.

Maybe if they did those two things Ford would talk to them.

Yes they need to find a way to open the lines of communication and try and work out something. Even if Ford has made up their mind to punish them by uninviting them to the F150 and Bronco releases, they should try to patch relations up in the future. Whether you like TFL or not, they are generally pretty fair to Ford. They have always given fair and positive reviews to the Ranger even when others did not. That's just one example.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akirby said:

So why invite these guys and pay their expenses, treat them real nice?  Ford should invite me - I've been loyal my adult life and influenced a few purchases by friends and acquaintances.  Pay my way and wine and dine me - absurd right?   Maybe Ford thinks some good press is a bit more important! 

However many customers come to Ford because of TFL, 1, 100, 1000,  or more, Ford needs to grab those customers.  The old fashioned mentality of F-series is number one, will always be number 1, and that is that,  is what will put you in second or third place real fast. If Ford is truly the leader, they will figure out how to fix this for everyone. 

• Like 1

"other outlets did it too"

I did a Google News search for Bronco and "7 speed" sorting by date and the TFLCar article was posted 2 weeks ago. About a week later a minor blog linked to the TFLCar story without posting the pics, and Auto Week posted one pic - with a half dozen disclaimers that this was TFL's picture. Also the Bronco discussion board reposted them. So the pictures were mainly not touched by other outlets.

What is arrogant and stupid is TFL did this right before Ford was to arrive with the F-150 prototype at their location. Ford should send it to Mr. Truck instead. He's the only one who really knows about trucks anyway.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bryan1 said:

"other outlets did it too"

I did a Google News search for Bronco and "7 speed" sorting by date and the TFLCar article was posted 2 weeks ago. About a week later a minor blog linked to the TFLCar story without posting the pics, and Auto Week posted one pic - with a half dozen disclaimers that this was TFL's picture. Also the Bronco discussion board reposted them. So the pictures were mainly not touched by other outlets.

What is arrogant and stupid is TFL did this right before Ford was to arrive with the F-150 prototype at their location. Ford should send it to Mr. Truck instead. He's the only one who really knows about trucks anyway.

Bad judgement aside, I do like the gentle education that goes on regarding choosing the correct truck size for towing.

Kent, Mr Truck adds a lot of experience to the team when it comes to towing really heavy loads like the F 350 tests.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I still haven't figured out how they're banned from something that's online.

They can just watch the reveal from home - I guess they just won't get access to early info.

That and they likely won’t receive media test vehicles/first drives.  

31 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They can just watch the reveal from home - I guess they just won't get access to early info.

Normally news outlets get information ahead of time so they can write a story in time for its release when the press embargo expires. They won't have that. 

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I think that invitations were to the actual event as press and yes their 2021 F150 tester was pulled.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 5:06 PM, Kev-Mo said:

So why invite these guys and pay their expenses, treat them real nice?  Ford should invite me - I've been loyal my adult life and influenced a few purchases by friends and acquaintances.  Pay my way and wine and dine me - absurd right?   Maybe Ford thinks some good press is a bit more important! 

However many customers come to Ford because of TFL, 1, 100, 1000,  or more, Ford needs to grab those customers.  The old fashioned mentality of F-series is number one, will always be number 1, and that is that,  is what will put you in second or third place real fast. If Ford is truly the leader, they will figure out how to fix this for everyone. 

On 6/23/2020 at 5:06 PM, Kev-Mo said:

In this world now, your influence is based upon how many subscribers you have. A guy like Joe Raiti has a lot of subscribers on You Tube, so he gets to drive and review vehicles like the GT 350, GT 500, Porsche 911s, and so on. Not only drive them, but run them through the gears at rev limit. 

When Ford is selling over 900k/yr of F Series, it has every right to consider on line reviewers

as  secondary to its own relationship with buyers but it also shows that Ford acknowledges

the importance of social media connecting with lots of potential buyers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, kyle said:

Well than you obviously don't watch TFL---I actually love these guys and think they do an excellent job and are very fair and objective.

There are a ton of mules running around their area in Colorado, so they are going to take advantage of that. But like other's have said, it's Ford's rules-but I think it is pretty petty of them. These reveals have been the longest drawn out of damn near anyone I can remember. And then you get to wait another 6-9 months before these things even start to show up. 

TFL are all mechanically ignorant morons.  I feel dumber everytime I've stumbled across their videos on YT. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

TFL posted a stamping of the Maverick small pickup tailgate the other day...so sounds like they are still getting info from OEMs. 

Isn’t that old info?

18 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Lol sounds like they've learned nothing 

Let them rot. 

I don’t think you realize how much positive Ford messaging TFL has given to Ford, which hasn’t cost Ford a dime.  Contrary to your position, I hope they repair their relationship. 

• Like 2