Larger screens in the superduty

DocPewPro

There are several aftermarket companies that are coming up with 12” replacement solutions.  

The model listed below retains the factory climate controls and the factory APIM, which I found to be nice features.  I don’t know about quality of these different options so you will have to do some research. 

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/collections/tesla-style-vertical-screen/products/px6-six-core-12-1-android-9-fast-boot-navi-radio-for-ford-f-150-f-250-f-350-f-450-f-550-2015-2019

• 4 weeks later...

I almost put off buying my 2020 F250 in hopes of a larger display being available in upcoming model year.  However I went ahead and settled with what's out there now with the SYNC 3. It will work for me and perhaps I can explore the aftermarket options at a later date.  I like the example in the link above. It looks clean and functional.  My only concern with the larger displays is the light they may put out at night time. 

• 5 months later...
On 6/19/2020 at 12:02 PM, tbone said:

There are several aftermarket companies that are coming up with 12” replacement solutions.  

The model listed below retains the factory climate controls and the factory APIM, which I found to be nice features.  I don’t know about quality of these different options so you will have to do some research. 

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/collections/tesla-style-vertical-screen/products/px6-six-core-12-1-android-9-fast-boot-navi-radio-for-ford-f-150-f-250-f-350-f-450-f-550-2015-2019

This link seems to be dead.  Page not found error.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, F2tremor7 said:

Would be nice if sync 4 will be backwards compatible as well

There were several changes to the dash to accommodate the 12" screen. The Vents and Center stack are actually quite different. As far as the electronics nobody really knows what will be involved there.

Anythings possible with enough parts and effort, but it certainly wont be a plug and play upgrade.