Vehicle locater forum

Holy crap! Has anybody here actually sat and read the entire list of 20 rules (rants) for that forum?  What a bunch of hot garbage.

I read through all 20 of those rules (rants)  couldn’t absorb even half of it so I read it again..   Actually got scared and thought Jesus I better make a clean post or somebody is going to go ape shit on my ass.   Talk about treating people like dirt... 
Then! Upon preparing my post with vin number, I notice something else..  MORE RULES!   

Rules Required To Post Here

• This service is being provided by Ford employees on a voluntary basis.  

• Abuse of this service or those providing it will result in account suspension or deletion.

• You must have made fifteen (15) good posts on this site before you can post here. Frivolous posts will result in account deletion.

• Do not bump topics that are less than one (1) week old.

This is where I finally notice I’m not even done finding all the rules to post In that forum and realize I’m also not even worthy. 
I now have to have 15 posts which were never mentioned in the first 20 rules I painfully read through twice.  Now on top of that, somebody has to deem my posts “good posts”????  How do I know if my posts even qualify as “good”?

Jesus get a life... I’ll cow and bow to the powers that be when they start making my truck payments.  Until then, I’ll just call my dealer and ask my sales rep how my trucks coming along.   Sure it would be fun to see and discuss It online with a friendly bunch, but not when I need to worry that I might unintentionally piss off the wrong cranky ford employee.     A Ford employees that is now going to go take a big heaping crap in my back seat on shipping day because now he has my vin number.   Thanks but no thanks!

• Angry 2

Well that’s a great way to make friends on a site you just joined.

Cyberdman’s rules are actually quite simple and most folks have no problem following them.   The reason there is a minimum post count is that this service is for BOF members, not for people who only come here for tracking.  

Second, he does this in his spare time - it’s not part of his job.  And he tracks a lot of vehicles at the same time.  The rules make it easier for him to manage and keeps him from wasting his time.

So you can chill or you can get the F*@#$ outta here.  You’re choice.

• Like 4

One more thing..  I wasn't even sure this is where I was suppose to post.   Why in the world is the Announcements forum commingled with the site feedback?

Oh well, here is your site feedback post which everybody will see in your announcements / site feedback forum for some reason. 

1 minute ago, akirby said:

Well that’s a great way to make friends on a site you just joined.

Cyberdman’s rules are actually quite simple and most folks have no problem following them.   The reason there is a minimum post count is that this service is for BOF members, not for people who only come here for tracking.  

Second, he does this in his spare time - it’s not part of his job.  And he tracks a lot of vehicles at the same time.  The rules make it easier for him to manage and keeps him from wasting his time.

So you can chill or you can get the F*@#$ outta here.  You’re choice.

I’ll chill.  Maybe ask whoever wrote the rule bible to take a chill as well.  Totally unwelcoming and actually offensive.  
lit a fire under me as you can see...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 8:43 PM, F350buyer said:

I’ll chill.  Maybe ask whoever wrote the rule bible to take a chill as well.  Totally unwelcoming and actually offensive.  
lit a fire under me as you can see...

Go ask your F-ing dealer....I appreciate the service that is provided here and can abide by their rules, why is it such a big problem for you to do the same?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I actually wondered for a second about the rules. Then it dawned on me someone or some people acted in such a way for these guys that DONATE their own time to have to take the time and write these rules. I followed the directions, looked at others posts that worked and had ZERO problems. Humanity has a lot of problem makers in it. Due to that we see rules that makes a person think, what had to happen for that to actually be written down, lol. Anyway, my point of this post is to let the people that run this site know they are appreciated. Sorry you have to put up with those that feel entitled, but we all have to unfortunately. It’s just the society we live in these days. Have a great day and like I said, your efforts are appreciated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...

I understand the rules and have asked cyberdman for forgiveness for asking before finding and reading all the rules. Rules are in place for a reason and not just to make thing difficult or piss someone off. Getting upset and posting things like that are just plain insulting and rude. I also agree with the post that just said to ask your dealer if that how you respond to someone's rules to be able ask for their assistance, just my opinion here.

4 hours ago, Reefertech said:

I understand the rules and have asked cyberdman for forgiveness for asking before finding and reading all the rules. Rules are in place for a reason and not just to make thing difficult or piss someone off. Getting upset and posting things like that are just plain insulting and rude. I also agree with the post that just said to ask your dealer if that how you respond to someone's rules to be able ask for their assistance, just my opinion here.

Who woke up dead horse? And why?

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

You’re joking right?

Well, you're the one who replied "That post was over a year ago."...

Very respectfully, either let people reply to whatever threads they want without the sarcastic and/or snarky remarks or lock the thread to prevent old threads from being revived.

I'm new here and I browse all forums and see topics that are interesting, although I don't think I've revived old threads yet, I don't always look at the date of the last post and could definitely make the mistake. Making that sort of mistake and getting a moderator snark back at me in thread would be insulting or embarassing.

Not trying to ruffle feathers, just sharing my opinion on a public forum ?

1 hour ago, jflottawa said:

Well, you're the one who replied "That post was over a year ago."...

Very respectfully, either let people reply to whatever threads they want without the sarcastic and/or snarky remarks or lock the thread to prevent old threads from being revived.

I'm new here and I browse all forums and see topics that are interesting, although I don't think I've revived old threads yet, I don't always look at the date of the last post and could definitely make the mistake. Making that sort of mistake and getting a moderator snark back at me in thread would be insulting or embarassing.

Not trying to ruffle feathers, just sharing my opinion on a public forum ?

It wasn’t a complaint - it was to let the poster know that the person they’re replying to is probably long gone and won’t even see their answer.

Trying to lock threads is a waste of time and far too much overhead.  Sometimes there are good reasons to reply to an old topic.

Youre creating drama here where none existed.  People are free to reply to old topics and others are free to point out it’s an old topic.  No harm no foul.

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

It wasn’t a complaint - it was to let the poster know that the person they’re replying to is probably long gone and won’t even see their answer.

Trying to lock threads is a waste of time and far too much overhead.  Sometimes there are good reasons to reply to an old topic.

Youre creating drama here where none existed.  People are free to reply to old topics and others are free to point out it’s an old topic.  No harm no foul.

??Understood, thanks for the explanation. Definitely not trying to cause drama - but felt the "You're joking, right?" to my simple suggestion/question needed to be addressed.

Putting this one to bed, cheers! ?

Edited by jflottawa

1 hour ago, jflottawa said:

??Understood, thanks for the explanation. Definitely not trying to cause drama - but felt the "You're joking, right?" to my simple suggestion/question needed to be addressed.

Putting this one to bed, cheers! ?

I was referring to the amount of work that would require.  No worries.

• Like 1