Ford vs Ford vs Ford action

Probably the biggest problem with these Super Duty trucks being able to tow what they do, the drivers behind the wheel have no clue how to load or drive a trailer with that much weight. I see them all the time time on the freeway going 85+ in the left lane with a full trailer, both private and public. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Probably the biggest problem with these Super Duty trucks being able to tow what they do, the drivers behind the wheel have no clue how to load or drive a trailer with that much weight. I see them all the time time on the freeway going 85+ in the left lane with a full trailer, both private and public. 

It's getting to the point where if you drive one of those trucks, whether it's loaded or not, it should be mandatory to have a CDL, or at the very least some kind of certification that you know how to properly load a trailer and tow it safely. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

105344666_10222978410792485_302055036200130592_n.thumb.jpg.01b07c1fbc96993f3f0b523823a5f984.jpg

Apparently the Super Duty had an overloaded trailer that forced it into the other lane...and the 03 Cobra and 2013+ SHO hit it. Everyone walked away though. 

Thank God that was the case!  It looked pretty nasty.  

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's getting to the point where if you drive one of those trucks, whether it's loaded or not, it should be mandatory to have a CDL, or at the very least some kind of certification that you know how to properly load a trailer and tow it safely. 

That can be said for any size trailer.  It's amazing the crazy stuff you see on the road.

9 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Bingo.  I had to move a skid steer trailer and small Kubota loader/backhoe from So Jersey to Boston.  So I had Jersey terminal hook on with an F-350 and get it as far as New Haven.

New Haven had an F-250 that could handle it.  I did not tell supervisor to  check it out before someone left with it.  If you are familiar  at all with I-91 out of New Haven, like four travel lanes. So tongue weight with F-350 dually vs F-250 two different things. Terminal plant guy is driving in morning rush hour and front end gets "loose" and he does a complete 180 in traffic-complete unit facing south in northbound lane!.  Other than dirty underwear only damage was one blown tire on trailer!

Also STOP using the term “accidents” they are “crashes”. Accidents are unavoidable, crashes have faults because someone did something that caused damage to someone or something. Not paying attention, loading a trailer to heavy, speeding, running a signal etc. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Accidents are unavoidable, crashes have faults because someone did something

I'm the youngest of my siblings by quite a few years and dad always said I was an accident... guess he should have said I was a crash.  I'm thinking it was avoidable, lol.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Haha 2