6.2L Super Duty with 4.30 Sales

Does anyone have any insight to how many 6.2L SRW Super Duty's with 4.30's are sold?  My dealership told me "they don't sell them".  I asked them if it was because they never try to sell the 4.30s, have only ever stocked the 3.73s, or have never been asked for them. They didn't have a clear answer.

Was trying to figure out if they had real solid reasoning.  I understand there is a trade off in fuel mileage, but if we wanted 50+ mpg we'd drive a Prius, right?

My 6.2L with the 3.73 rear end has a 6 speed tranny as ordered by me. My calculations showed that 6th gear with the 4.30 was almost exactly the same as 5th with the 3.73. So the 4.30 was just lacking a slightly better combo for easy hauls. With the new 10 speed trannys, I suspect there is even more reason not to get the 4.30. No one can only haul uphill all the time.

1 hour ago, rickjohnson45@gmail.com said:

My 6.2L with the 3.73 rear end has a 6 speed tranny as ordered by me. My calculations showed that 6th gear with the 4.30 was almost exactly the same as 5th with the 3.73. So the 4.30 was just lacking a slightly better combo for easy hauls. With the new 10 speed trannys, I suspect there is even more reason not to get the 4.30. No one can only haul uphill all the time.

New to all this can you help clarify?  Uploaded my calculations with a random RPM to attempt to compare apples to apples.

-Thanks

gear.jpg