Ford Touts The New Bronco As ‘Built Wild’ With Brand New Tagline

Ford Touts The New Bronco As ‘Built Wild’ With Brand New Tagline

2021-Ford-Bronco-Spy-Shots-Exterior-May-

The 2021 Ford Bronco has fittingly traveled a rather rocky road to this point, navigating COVID-19 related production delays, followed by the announcement of a reveal date, which was subsequently moved once again thanks to a bit of controversy. Now, the new Bronco is set to finally debut on July 13th, barring any more unforeseen circumstances. And Ford is using a cool new tagline to advertise it – “Built Wild.”

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/ford-touts-the-new-bronco-as-built-wild-with-brand-new-tagline/

This is infinitely better than "Ford Proud", so good job to the marketing guy who came up with the new slogan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, probowler said:

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/ford-touts-the-new-bronco-as-built-wild-with-brand-new-tagline/

This is infinitely better than "Ford Proud", so good job to the marketing guy who came up with the new slogan.

I had completely forgotten about “Ford Proud.” Did they abandon that? I don’t recall seeing it recently. Not sure about the “Built Wild” slogan. It sounds a bit dumb to me. 

35 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I had completely forgotten about “Ford Proud.” Did they abandon that? I don’t recall seeing it recently. Not sure about the “Built Wild” slogan. It sounds a bit dumb to me. 

I think the "Built Wild" tag for use with a Bronco campaign is fine. 

My favorite Ford campaign of all time was the "Have you driven a Ford lately?" campaign that was used in various versions for probably more years than any marketing campaign in the Company's history. There were times in the past 10 years that I thought it would have been have been perfectly appropriate to bring it back and a few of the Ford FDAF (Ford Dealer Advertising Fund) associations did use it on a regional basis. I believe that Chicago was one of the markets that used it. 

Every so many years, not often, Ford comes out with a corporate branding campaign that is excellent. Unfortunately, they run it frequently for a short period of time and then abandon it. The "Built Ford Proud" campaign is just such an example especially the spot with Bryan Cranston and the F-Series "East Bound and Down" spot. It's fine to run such a campaign in high frequency initially to make the desired impact but the expense and time to achieve the desired effect would be better served by then keeping the spot in rotation on a periodic basis to make the best use of the branding spot in rotation with the usual sales themed spots. With all the pandemic related PSA spots, etc. that we've been seeing these past few months... wouldn't it be nice to see a "feel good" spot like the Built Ford Proud "East Bound and Down" F-Series spot again?

Just my thoughts and comments. So much for the marketing brilliance and execution of the appointed and anointed guy Farley!    

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

My favorite Ford campaign of all time was the "Have you driven a Ford lately?" campaign that was used in various versions for probably more years than any marketing campaign in the Company's history. There were times in the past 10 years that I thought it would have been have been perfectly appropriate to bring it back and a few of the Ford FDAF (Ford Dealer Advertising Fund) associations did use it on a regional basis. I believe that Chicago was one of the markets that used it. 

Every so many years, not often, Ford comes out with a corporate branding campaign that is excellent. Unfortunately, they run it frequently for a short period of time and then abandon it. The "Built Ford Proud" campaign is just such an example especially the spot with Bryan Cranston and the F-Series "East Bound and Down" spot. It's fine to run such a campaign in high frequency initially to make the desired impact but the expense and time to achieve the desired effect would be better served by then keeping the spot in rotation on a periodic basis to make the best use of the branding spot in rotation with the usual sales themed spots. With all the pandemic related PSA spots, etc. that we've been seeing these past few months... wouldn't it be nice to see a "feel good" spot like the Built Ford Proud "East Bound and Down" F-Series spot again?

Just my thoughts and comments. So much for the marketing brilliance and execution of the appointed and anointed guy Farley!    

I would rewind the East bound and down commercial 2 or 3 times every time I saw it.  Much to my wife’s chagrin.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, akirby said:

I would rewind the East bound and down commercial 2 or 3 times every time I saw it.  Much to my wife’s chagrin.

It's a great spot... promotes the brand, the product in a soft sell message, evokes memories for a big part of the demographic buying the F-Series and is just fun to watch and listen to... and making the viewer/listener feel good about Ford!

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Joey,

Couldn't agree with you more.  I  can't tell  you how many times when I'm in a "listening" mood I play all the versions of  "have  you.....lately"  Including the one where the gal (who unfortunately passed away from cancer) recorded an early version. 

Same with "East bound and Down".  In fact not sure I posted anything on BON but I had said.."why no F-750 dump pulling a tag trailer with a Ford "triple nickel" loader/backhoe chained to  the deck".  Lot of guys would connect with that. Now I'm sure the "marketing genius" guys would say..."because they are not trying to sell class 7 trucks in the ad".  I say BS.  If you are  trying to hype an image of being a "truck company", throw everything you have out there whenever you can.  Doesn't cost anymore?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Have never seen this spot air... not once and I wouldn't really include it in the "Built Ford Proud" campaign. 

You wouldn't include the continued use of the "built Ford Proud" slogan to be a continuation of the "built ford proud" campaign?

Call it whatever you want, I really don't care. I thought it was dead but sure enough when i looked up the latest ford video on YT there it was still. Perhaps though someone at Ford realized it was lame and that this was the best way they could hide it away while still saying "see? We're still using the thing!"

1 hour ago, Bob Rosadini said:

In fact not sure I posted anything on BON but I had said.."why no F-750 dump pulling a tag trailer with a Ford "triple nickel" loader/backhoe chained to  the deck".  Lot of guys would connect with that. Now I'm sure the "marketing genius" guys would say..."because they are not trying to sell class 7 trucks in the ad".  

oh you definitely posted it.......and we “discussed” it.  ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

How about bringing back Jill Wagner in cowboy boots and hat at the ranch in her new Bronco. Women are going to love the Bronco too, and Ford needs to soften the brutal O.J. image.

'You gotta put Bronco on your list' doesn't quite have the same ring to it 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Nobody said she had to speak........

My favorite Ford spokesperson just ahead of Denis Leary and Mike Rowe.

I believe Bryan Cranston has done a good job with his distinctive voice. Maybe he is too well known for Breaking Bad, but he is one good actor and good fit for all the Ford commercials he has done. I would think he has the right voice for a Bronco commercial and Jill for the baby Bronco :).