Ford’s Electrification efforts

Just now, akirby said:

What happened to mustang hybrid??

Didn't see the bottom?!

Additional, unannounced products planned. 

The Bronco and I'm guessing Mustang would fit under that, in addition to the mid sized BEV they are planning. 

Just now, silvrsvt said:

Didn't see the bottom?!

Additional, unannounced products planned. 

The Bronco and I'm guessing Mustang would fit under that, in addition to the mid sized BEV they are planning. 

Except hybrid mustang was announced at the same time as hybrid F150.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

Except hybrid mustang was announced at the same time as hybrid F150.

True but I'm expecting the Hybrid F-150 be shown off tonight, the Mustang is still a year or more out? I'd guess its coming out after the BEV F-150, which will be out in 18-24 months?

Or it got delayed/cancelled?

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

FINALLY SOMEONE SEES THE LIGHT!!!

Ive been telling you guys all along that a hybrid isn't happening this generation, there's no way. 

Well there been rumors all over the place..saying 2021 or 2023...and CD6 and now a deep refreshing of the current platform...so its not like its 5 years out. 

1 hour ago, Colleen said:

I was really debating on waiting for the Explorer plug in. But I went ahead with the 2020 anyway. I wasn't sure with the Covid-19 stuff it would delay that release. 

I thought the US wasn't getting the plug in?

48 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

That's how I understand it also.  PHEV for US is Aviator only and regular hybrid is Explorer only.  Europe and China Explorers are all plug in hybrids with slightly smaller battery/motor than Aviator.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

49 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

That's how I understand it also.  PHEV for US is Aviator only and regular hybrid is Explorer only.  Europe and China Explorers are all plug in hybrids with slightly smaller battery/motor than Aviator.

Goes to show how much I know. I kept seeing a 2021 Ford Explorer PHEV so I assumed it would be available in the US. Thanks for that tidbit. 

56 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im not saying that at all, I'm saying it won't happen until the next generation Mustang happens, whatever that platform happens to be

In which case it should be on the chart unless they’re only showing current vehicles.

24 minutes ago, Alex D. said:

Sadly, no Edge/Nautilus is listed, which harkens back to the potential demise of these vehicles thread from several days back. 

Unless it falls into the yet to be announced category...

I think they probably fall into the unannounced category - because we also know there are Edge/Nautilus sized BEV twins that also aren't listed.

This seems to be a "current plus next year or two" list.

• Like 1