2021 Ram TRX Raptor Slayer to be revealed this summer

probowler

The wait for the 2021 Ram TRX will soon be over, FCA confirmed Thursday with a social media teaser. The much-anticipated, Hellcat-powered Raptor slayer will be revealed this summer. 

https://twitter.com/RamTrucks/status/1276141333749673987?s=20 https://twitter.com/RamTrucks/status/127614133374967398

Full Story

Edited by probowler

19 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Raptor Slayer?  Lol

So original they couldn't even come up with their own theme, they had to jump on the dinosaur theme with "T-ReX" 

Actually, the TRX off-road package was an option on Rams at least as far back as 2007, however it would have been consistent with the FX4 package, not the Raptor.  

43 minutes ago, tbone said:

I have no doubt Ford will respond.  They aren’t going to conceded a category they created.  

It's not so much that I think they would concede anything, rather that they might not even acknowledge the TRX as a threat, and thus continue Raptors business as usual. The TRX may not even become a threat, and for all we know  Ford's current Raptor plans are so far ahead of anything RAM comes up with that they don't need to change anything.

The Raptor is is so good already, I don't know how much more you can improve upon it.

From what I have read there is anticipation for two motors, the Hellcat and a detuned version at 500+ hp.  I think Ford is going to have to match that.  I suspect they will probably have the GT500 powered Raptor and label it the R version. 

One thing that can use some improvement for better tracking is the rear suspension, but there are rumors the next Raptor will have a coil spring rear setup so we will see.  I’m wondering if this would trickle down to the regular F150s at some point if true.  

I mean...it's pretty much a no brainer that the GT500 engine go in the top of the line Raptor. Not saying that it will happen for sure but there are a lot of rumors floating around. They could push the Ecoboost to 500hp and still have plenty of room for the GT500 engine (even after being tuned differently ....650/650?).

6 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I mean...it's pretty much a no brainer that the GT500 engine go in the top of the line Raptor. Not saying that it will happen for sure but there are a lot of rumors floating around. They could push the Ecoboost to 500hp and still have plenty of room for the GT500 engine (even after being tuned differently ....650/650?).

Well the TRX is rumored to get the 700 hp Hellcat, so I can’t imagine not having something comparable to that however they go about it.  I prefer they use the GT500 engine, because it would sound awesome, but we will know soon enough.  

2 hours ago, tbone said:

Well the TRX is rumored to get the 700 hp Hellcat, so I can’t imagine not having something comparable to that however they go about it.  I prefer they use the GT500 engine, because it would sound awesome, but we will know soon enough.  

The biggest problem with using that engine is the line it's built on isn't meant for that kind of production.

29 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The biggest problem with using that engine is the line it's built on isn't meant for that kind of production.

I could definitely see them putting this engine in it, in a limited model (1000/year) and charging a hefty premium for it. To me, that sounds like a Ford Performance thing to do. 

The rest of the Raptors would then have to make do with the 3.5. I bet with a few more ponies than the current model. 

On 6/25/2020 at 9:45 PM, tbone said:

Actually, the TRX off-road package was an option on Rams at least as far back as 2007, however it would have been consistent with the FX4 package, not the Raptor.  

What is the Chevy and Ram equivalent of FX4 now days?

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I think appearance is more of a selling point with Raptors than off road performance.  Maybe a Raptor GT with a lower stance and street tires?

I'd agree with that, though I'd say performance in general too.

I know my dad would've gotten a more road-oriented performance truck if it were available.