2020- Gurgling sound only when raining

Paul JH

1 hour ago, Paul JH said:

On my 2020 Aviator, we hear a strange gurgling sound, only when raining, at over 35 MPH. It seems to be coming from the overhead speaker on the passenger side.

Any thoughts about how to correct this?

Could be a clogged moonroof drain but as was already stated just take it back to the dealer and let them worry about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I experienced the same on a recent trip we took.

It was raining heavy and heard this gurgling sound coming from the pillars.

Very frustrating to have this issue with an $80,000 vehicle.

I will be calling the dealer myself to see if they can figure out how to fix it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Group,

Just an update, I brought the car in to the dealer and they said they couldn't find anything wrong.
They said they blew out the sunroof drain just in case; which I believe was the issue.
As I tested it out in the heavy rain we had yesterday and no more Gurgling sound!

I'm a happy Aviator owner again!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Naples Florida,

yes, our new 2020 Lincoln Aviator has a significantly loud gurgling and nocking sound coming from the front dash area after it rains, usually most pronounced at highway speeds.

It is in the dealer again for the third time attempting to fix this very serious problem. The local dealer is doing its best, they provide a free loaner vehicle each time.

Any ideas?

On 9/24/2021 at 7:00 AM, KazooLen said:

Naples Florida,

yes, our new 2020 Lincoln Aviator has a significantly loud gurgling and nocking sound coming from the front dash area after it rains, usually most pronounced at highway speeds.

It is in the dealer again for the third time attempting to fix this very serious problem. The local dealer is doing its best, they provide a free loaner vehicle each time.

Any ideas?

I'm in Naples too.  Early on I had a water leak problem which was fixed and after that I began hearing the gurgling sound.  Also getting occasional blue screen with the back up camera AFTER they did the recall.  Time to let Germain look at it again.