2021 Ford F-150 Looks Like A Huge Winner

Bryan1

I found the exterior design extremely compelling, essentially flawless. Ford avoided any mistakes, and the “nose” of the car looks elegant and fresh.

The main objective of the interior was to catch up to the RAM 1500 and add various nifty features. It looks like Ford succeeded.

Exterior design: Flawless

This is often the first and most important step to a redesign of an existing product such as the Ford F-150. In this case, really the only thing people will notice is the face of the car - straight from the front and in profile -- and that "little thing" is of crucial importance. In my opinion, Ford hit a home run with the new face of the F-150: It looks flawless. If the 2021 F-150 story stopped right there, it may be enough to declare the whole operation a victory.

Interior design: Catching up to RAM 1500

This is the area where Ford had its greatest challenge with the 2021 F-150, and we all know why: RAM 1500. The RAM came out in March 2018 and is universally considered the leader in interior design, by a wide margin.

Everyone expected Ford to close the gap with the 2021 F-150, for all the obvious and necessary reasons. So, the bar was high.

How did it do? The answer is slightly inconclusive for the simple reason that I have not yet had the opportunity to examine the F-150 interior in person. We have to rely on photos here, as well as this seemingly exclusive in-person video, from Kelley Blue Book (was supposed to be Roman ?): 2021 Ford F-150 | First Look

Link: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4355907-2021-ford-fminus-150-looks-like-huge-winner

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, akirby said:

Don’t let that fool you.  My almost loaded XLT 302A stickered for $48K.  My price was $37k.

No way am I going to be able to get that kind of rebate in March/April when it comes time to replace the Fusion. Not on a 2021. 

As it is if you ask my wife I need to go to a junkyard and buy a beater. ?

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No way am I going to be able to get that kind of rebate in March/April when it comes time to replace the Fusion. Not on a 2021. 

As it is if you ask my wife I need to go to a junkyard and buy a beater. ?

I think those rebates are pretty consistent even with brand new models.  Just saying don’t go by MSRP - check street prices.

• 6 months later...