F250 long bed

I bought a 2017 F250 XL super duty crew cab and the paper work and vin show it having a 8' long bed but it actually has a short bed. it had very few miles and no accidents, i like the truck but does anyone have an idea of why this would be. this might be a stupid question but can a short bed fit on a long bed frame? I dont believe so but i thought i would ask.

6 hours ago, antemaj said:

I bought a 2017 F250 XL super duty crew cab and the paper work and vin show it having a 8' long bed but it actually has a short bed. it had very few miles and no accidents, i like the truck but does anyone have an idea of why this would be. this might be a stupid question but can a short bed fit on a long bed frame? I dont believe so but i thought i would ask.

No. The wheelbase is different for the different bed lengths. 

15 hours ago, antemaj said:

The VIN number does not include information on the vehicle's wheelbase. I've never seen or heard of the bed size or wheelbase information being including on a registration as the vehicle information for registrations and titles is decoded from the VIN number.

1 hour ago, antemaj said:

I already looked that up and it’s showing an 8’ bed. I’m not that worried about it I love the truck short bed and all just need to get a slider hitch for it. Just curious on what the deal is that’s all

I'd be checking the VIN # stamped on the frame, there's a chance that the truck you bought is not the truck the VIN number you have was assigned to,,,

HRG