LookingToBuyAFord

Thinking of buying an 2020 Edge - help?

So our preferred dealer matched the lower price but we were thinking of asking for some extras included. Would snow tires be too greedy? Or should we stick to the full tank/mad flaps/etc?

12 minutes ago, LookingToBuyAFord said:

So our preferred dealer matched the lower price but we were thinking of asking for some extras included. Would snow tires be too greedy? Or should we stick to the full tank/mad flaps/etc?

You can ask, but expect a no....but, you gotta be ready to buy right then and there...."Throw in a set of snow's and I'll buy it right now..." and take your check book (or credit card) out for effect.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LookingToBuyAFord said:

Hi LTBAF. As twintornados stated, you can ask, but expect a no. At least on that large of an ask. But it usually doesn't hurt to ask.

Quality snow tires are not an inexpensive item. Four good quality snow tires would probably run ~$600-$800 (and you do not want cheap ones). So you are essentially asking your "preferred dealer" to meet the other Dealers low offer and then beat it by another ~$600-$800 (the cost of the snow tires). Yes, I realize their cost would be less than the selling price, but the comparison/equivalency is still accurate.

A full tank of gas should be automatically given to you anyway, so I would say asking for an extra like mudflaps etc., would be a more reasonable request. Or ask them to throw in a few complementary oil changes/tire rotations.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530