2019 navigator

Yeah, generally, for the level of vehicle this is, I have to admit that the technology is very poor. Limited controls, awkward interface, basic display, absurdly large image when changing volume or fan speed, etc. I definitely expected more. Fusions have better tech.

The lease on my 18 ends in March and I’m eagerly awaiting the 2021 order guide but, absent anything compelling, I’m going to finance the residual on my 18 and keep it. Has low miles, especially since I haven’t been driving since February (was traveling on business until US got locked down in March) and is in great shape. 

The early reports on the 2021 Escalade tech look very sharp. Have to consider that as well. 

3 minutes ago, vipersinu2 said:

In my opinion, the voice command is usless.

The dam thing always gets confused.

Will it set the fan speed?

Hi vipersinu2. Yes, you can set/change the fan speed using voice controls. And very easily.

Good luck.

I drove my 2008 Expy for 11 years. I think I adjusted the temp/fan maybe twice in that whole time using the steering wheel. 

Did you not realize it didn't have that before you bought it? 

What other luxury SUVs have this feature that would make it worthwhile to buy vs. a Navigator?

I am not of fan of this sysc system. I have been giving it a chance, but I have been trying for the last 15 mins to figure this dam thing out.

My options are Phone, Navigation, sirius, am, fm, usb, or travel link.

No fan speeds or temp controls.

Buttons on the steering wheel would be better! 

I dont like to take my hands off the wheel, that screen is to distracting.

I also dont like adjusting the rear fan speeds, also how the rear menu stays on the screen, it should timeout and go to the main screen after a while.

to many steps to get into the rear ac and heat settings,

When driving. I rather watch the road.

I like my old mountaineer better. 

20200630_141254.jpg

I hear ya, I mean, to each his own. That looks identical to my Expedition. 

The center console has the temp and fan functions. I guess, for me, it is just as easy to develop the muscle memory of using those vs the steering wheel. 

Sorry you are having so many issues. 

Yes hes had issues with his truck, but This's not rele an issue, its a preference he didnt look into before he bought the truck.  Not many vehicles today have hvac controls on the steering wheel because of voice recognition.  Matter of fact, i just checked, none in the class do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

Yes hes had issues with his truck, but This's not rele an issue, its a preference he didnt look into before he bought the truck.  Not many vehicles today have hvac controls on the steering wheel because of voice recognition.  Matter of fact, i just checked, none in the class do.

I agree. Like I said, to each his own. I'm not surprised to hear your report that no others in class have that. 

1 hour ago, boredinbirmingham said:

The fan speed knob is the largest knob in the vehicle and easily found dead center of the console, how is this hard to manipulate without braking your eyes off the road?  

Sync is useless for me except for cha going to Bluetooth audio.  I use that button to activate Siri more than to activate sync.

That is how I feel about that as well. If I said I had my hands on the wheel, with hands, more than 70% of the time, I'd probably be off by quite a bit. That's why I said I felt the controls on the center console would be very easy to develop muscle memory and never even have to look for the proper control. 

Thank you Black Label

About that update info, Good to know!

Glad I did mess around with upgrading to that sync 3.3 by myself. The dealership probably would of said I broke it.

I am looking to test drive the 510hp Stelvio Quadrifoglio

0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds top speed 176 mph

That might get me in some trouble. Lol

Edited by vipersinu2
  • Like 1