Tailgate removal kit

Brinx

Just bought’19 F250 SD.  Removed tailgate for truck camper. Manual refers to tailgate removal kit in glove box (used truck, lucky to have manual). Dealer had no idea and said try Rush.  Rush said pn FL3Z13A576D is not available. Ideas on what to do?  Thought about test driving new F250 and seeing what’s in the glovebox ?

8 minutes ago, Brinx said:

Just bought’19 F250 SD.  Removed tailgate for truck camper. Manual refers to tailgate removal kit in glove box (used truck, lucky to have manual). Dealer had no idea and said try Rush.  Rush said pn FL3Z13A576D is not available. Ideas on what to do?  Thought about test driving new F250 and seeing what’s in the glovebox ?

That appears to be the part number for the F-150, here's a pic of the SD kit. Also look under the seats for it.

HRG

SD tailgate caps.jpg

Edited by HotRunrGuy

My 2019 F350 Crew Cab Dually only had the dummy connectors for the two wire bundles that are from my tailgate. Fancier models with cameras everywhere, etc. and more wire bundles may require more dummy connectors. They just keep water and dirt out of the truck-side connector. Actually water gets in wire side of the truck connectors no matter what is connected but that is another story. 

Rick

Thanks for the reply.  Have you tried using a dielectric grease to keep dirt and moisture out?  If I can't get the factory original plugs, I suppose I could pack them with some di grease and wrap them in a heavy duty baggy then tape them.  Hopefully it would keep the connections from degrading too much.

Sounds like I need to get the plugs.  I did stop by my local Ford dealer and looked in the glove box of a new 250.  The plugs were there and I took a picture to show the parts department when I get time to stop in.  Thanks everyone for pitching in your experiences.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 8:28 PM, Brinx said:

Sounds like I need to get the plugs.  I did stop by my local Ford dealer and looked in the glove box of a new 250.  The plugs were there and I took a picture to show the parts department when I get time to stop in.  Thanks everyone for pitching in your experiences.

Did they get the plugs for you?  No reason why they wouldn't the first time you told them.  I would go back in to where you bought it to get them.

Each trim and accessory groups get different plugs depending on what they got.

But this is one thing I am adding to my list of "look at" when I get a truck ;)

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, OffBalance said:

Lin, do you have that list somewhere? I have heard of other things too like yaw sensor for the UTCC package, and TPMS valves for the optional trailer TPMS (six for the new 2020s)

I don't but I'm sure it must be somewhere. You might be able to find it depending on how you word search it on Giggle.  I'll post a pic of what I get but I don't have anything special ordered for towing.