Which F350 Leveling Kit?

Hello all,  I am the new owner of an all stock, 2016 6.7L F350 and would like to put a leveling kit in the front end.  I have noticed that there are a few different options and was wondering which of the options you all would recommend, and why.  Thanks in advance for your input!

None. You will lose fuel economy, lose some forward close visibility, blind oncoming drivers if you don't properly reset the headlamps, potentially cause more issues with death wobble and bump steer, put more wear into the joints of the front driveshaft, and "Carolina Lean" as soon as you put anything in the cargo box.

If you go with "spacer only" kits you are guaranteed a rougher ride and potentially other issues down the road like part failure and spring kick out.   

If you "just have to" use a reputable company like Rough Country or the like and contact them with your spring codes and they should be able to get you set up.

Are these common issues with the F350?  I have done leveling kits with rear air bags, followed up with an alignment and re-aiming the headlights on my two previous F150s, as well as a couple of friends F150s and never had any issues, even when towing.

Since 1997, F150 has had a different suspension than heavier trucks. After 2003 (or 2004 Heritage) they use struts that can't kick the spring out if the lift is done poorly. They have independent front suspension that is nearly immune to death wobble. 

F150 with levelling kits always kill IWEs and upper ball joints faster than stock trucks. The suspension wasn't designed to run at nearly the end of travel like a levelling kit makes it.

Otherwise, headlight aim, loss of visibility, rougher ride, loss of MPG and "carolina lean" when loaded are all the same. 

Admittedly, I am old and just want quiet and comfortable in my junk.

Edited by YT90SC

• 3 weeks later...