Ford Motor Company 2020 2Q Quarterly Sales Report

18 hours ago, rperez817 said:

This is great news. With fleet sales unlikely to return to levels prior to the Covid-19 induced downturn anytime soon, hopefully Ford will continue ramping up its efforts selling non-commercial vehicles to real, retail consumers.

Very true. No fleet sales probably hurt Escape S and SE sales big time. This will force Ford to up its game if it wants to attract the attention of retail customers. No more nondescript SE's hopefully. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, akirby said:

Further proof that bad reviews don’t impact sales.

As you see more new Explorers on the road, it doesn't take long to figure out what a dashing figure it carves out. It really stands out as a premium product. Even the base trim levels stand out unlike the base Escape. Like the Ranger, the Explorer is getting traction and gaining ground. The Explorer launch problems are old news and the new Explorer appearance package looks ver nice.

13 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

Ranger is doing pretty well and getting close to 2nd place. I'm really surprised with Explorer with all the bad press it's got. I like the ST, but a little afraid to buy it.

Seems like the early launch issues have been corrected.

My sister has a 2020 Explorer and no issues with it that I know about. 

20200503_113208.thumb.jpg.46060d1abe598ce70a6a871448aafbd7.jpg

44 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

Escape needs this front end (china version):

burlappcar-2020-ford-escape-1.jpg

The current one is ugly

I think the piano black grill on my Escape looks fine.....blends in well with the other black accents including the black inserts on the wheels. Both grills have the same general shape

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

No, just additional trim packages...and sales are better then last year so far. 

In addition to that, dealers were advised of a revised interior for the SE

but the shutdown happened just as that was supposed to arrive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

I think the piano black grill on my Escape looks fine.....blends in well with the other black accents including the black inserts on the wheels. Both grills have the same general shape

I just saw 3 at the dealer when I picked up my truck.  They look fine to me.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 2:42 PM, jpd80 said:

Lack of competitive financing is killing sales at Ford, just ask deanh and icecapades.

So many people now go on line and cross shop before ever visiting a dealer and all

most of them do is compare the monthly payment.

leasing....ots 90% of our transactions now...and the lease on the Escape is anything BUT competitive...a similarly equipped Explorer is only 30 -$40 more a month...

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

20200503_113208.thumb.jpg.46060d1abe598ce70a6a871448aafbd7.jpg

Yours?  Looks very nice in white.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deanh said:

leasing....ots 90% of our transactions now...and the lease on the Escape is anything BUT competitive...a similarly equipped Explorer is only 30 -$40 more a month...

That's really crap deanh, it shows that Ford is not really keeping its eyes on the market

or are they more interested in Ford Credit charging more to show profits.

How long have we been talking about Ford not assisting dealers that in turn helps Ford?

In really don get the mean spirited stingy attitude from Ford, they're hurting themselves and others.

Edited by jpd80

4 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Yours?  Looks very nice in white.

Yes Thanks. I ordered sedona orange back in March, but for whatever reason Ford ended that paint color. So I ordered it in velocity blue, and then the factory shut down. Luckily, the dealer had this metallic white tricoat in stock. I say luckily because I ordered the blue one without the premium package. Mistake, because I love the premium package and well worth it now that I have it. I still prefer the blue, but the tricoat white has grown on me. The metal flake pops in the sun.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Yes Thanks. I ordered sedona orange back in March, but for whatever reason Ford ended that paint color. So I ordered it in velocity blue, and then the factory shut down. Luckily, the dealer had this metallic white tricoat in stock. I say luckily because I ordered the blue one without the premium package. Mistake, because I love the premium package and well worth it now that I have it. I still prefer the blue, but the tricoat white has grown on me. The metal flake pops in the sun.

Your Escape SE Sport Hybrid with Premium Package looks very nice FordBuyer sir. The black accents and 19" wheels add some visual flair. I've always thought that SE Sport Hybrid is the sweet spot in the 2020 Escape lineup, and yours confirms it. ?

3 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

That's really crap deanh, it shows that Ford is not really keeping its eyes on the market

How long have we been talking about Ford not assisting dealers that in turn helps Ford?

Probably a major reason for poor Escape sales. I was quoted $450/month with $3,000 down on basic Titaium Escape hybrid lease. I could have gotten a rav4 hybrid lease for at least $100/month less. Lincoln has competitive leases here in FL, but no way Ford. I know Ford is very competitive in Metro Ford, but not here. My dealer told me Ford used to be  but not anymore. He told me they used to sell up to 30 Escapes/month in a good month, but now 3-4 is a good month. Sad.

1 minute ago, FordBuyer said:

Probably a major reason for poor Escape sales. I was quoted $450/month with $3,000 down on basic Titaium Escape hybrid lease. I could have gotten a rav4 hybrid lease for at least $100/month less. Lincoln has competitive leases here in FL, but no way Ford. I know Ford is very competitive in Metro Ford, but not here. My dealer told me Ford used to be  but not anymore. He told me they used to sell up to 30 Escapes/month in a good month, but now 3-4 is a good month. Sad.

And it's down to Jim Hackett's attitude, he could literally change this overnight but he won't.

53 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Same thing killed the Focus. A better equipped Fusion was usually cheaper than a Focus, at least around me. 

29 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Same thing killed the Focus. A better equipped Fusion was usually cheaper than a Focus, at least around me. 

Ford often used to influence buying trends like that back in the days when they talked about a "super segment"

22 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

Ranger is doing pretty well and getting close to 2nd place. I'm really surprised with Explorer with all the bad press it's got. I like the ST, but a little afraid to buy it.

I have an ST that was bought in November last year.  There were definitely issues early on.  I would say most, if not all of those issues have been ironed out or will be ironed out by the 2021 model year.  Outside of the issues, it’s pretty awesome ride.  

8 hours ago, tbone said:

I have an ST that was bought in November last year.  There were definitely issues early on.  I would say most, if not all of those issues have been ironed out or will be ironed out by the 2021 model year.  Outside of the issues, it’s pretty awesome ride.  

On that note, I'm seeing more and more in the parking lot at work. If employees are buying them that should speak volumes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jpd80 said:

In really don get the mean spirited stingy attitude from Ford, they're hurting themselves and others.

Looking on the bright side, it could be said that people who buy a new Escape are buying it because they actually like it, not because of the "deal."

Too often it was low price, or incentives, that drove people to buy a domestic vehicle. That erodes brand image over the long haul. 

2 minutes ago, grbeck said:

Looking on the bright side, it could be said that people who buy a new Escape are buying it because they actually like it, not because of the "deal."

Too often it was low price, or incentives, that drove people to buy a domestic vehicle. That erodes brand image over the long haul. 

With the Bronco Sport debuting and daily rental fleet sales in the tank maybe Ford will revise their retail pricing and lease deals on Escape.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

With the Bronco Sport debuting and daily rental fleet sales in the tank maybe Ford will revise their retail pricing and lease deals on Escape.

Good point.

It seems that the leasing deals are not uniform like in the old days, Ford targets certain regions and not others

....but maybe that's also deliberate as Deanh also pointed out there's only a $40 difference to lease an Explorer.

It wouldn't surprise me that Ford accentuates a smaller gap to lease a bigger vehicle. It could also explain why

Edge might be getting pushed into the background a bit at the moment.

Edited by jpd80